TJ09

2013-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

I named mine Hearth's Flickering Fire and Hearth's Warming Glow. Not sure why, just liked the sound of them lol!

But...I think I'm thinking maybe changing them now, they don't really fit >>;

Edited by Sirithiliel

Do these have a nickname yet?

The spriter (Odeen) said they were called Solstice Dragons:

They are called Solstice Dragons. I'll post a more appropriate level of detail about them tomorrow afternoon. Thanks TJ, and thank you all!

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=7929104

I think I'd love something shiny or vibrantly coloured (like the Nhiostrife Wyverns) with these. <3

All you people picking pretty not-Drakengard names need to stop making me feel like make obvious references in their names is a bad plan. :v (Mine are Seal of the Goddess Furiae/Seal of the Goddess Angelus because I'm a total nerd.)

Mine are Frost Monarch and Solstice Majesty. I felt their names should be something regal.

I love that everyone is sharing the names they came up with for their Solstice Dragons! It seems like we all think they just demand regal, majestic names.

Most of my Christmas dragons are named after lyrics to various Christmas Carols, and I'd thought I knew which ones I wanted for these...but after seeing them as adults, I had to change. I wanted something more majestic, and also something more Solstice-y. Now they are: Yuletide Hymn and Wondrous Flight. Makes me happy -- the names are still from carols, but ones with more secular or natural themes: Mistletoe & Holly, and The Carol of the Birds.

I would love to do a shimmer x christmas 2013 offspring, if you did do that, what would it take to get one of the 2nd gens. Its a gorgeous pairing.

I named my little girls Frosty Solstini and Dainty Solstini. My holiday babies tend to have nicer names than some of my other dragons at times. xd.png

I have no idea what I'll breed my babies with once they're old enough. It's really hard for me to choose pairs because for one reason or another I don't see the same magic in a pairing that others might. Like, where one might think two dragon sprites look perfect together when I look at it I'm completely puzzled by what they're seeing. xd.png So I might end up staring at these sprites and others for a while before I find their perfect partner. Or who knows, I might not even have their perfect partner yet and I'll get it in a new release next year! smile.gif

Just a heads-up for those still invested: the glitch where these dragons would gender unknown has apparently been fixed.

Many thanks for that, TJ!

And also many thanks to those taking action and informing the right people.

Waaaattt??? Sugar just became a frozen hatchie!!!

(Oh, well!! biggrin.gif I guess I'll have to start gazing at Cooke!!)

All I can say is WOW. Lots of detail in this dragon, and I love the coloring. Another beautiful holiday dragon, and I'm happy to see blue finally! Major kudos to the spriter, you did fabulous work! wub.gif

Edit: Named mine Winter Majesty Amariel and Winter Royalty Amariel

Edited by xXAngelicEvilXx

I decided to name mine Bractealis Viscol Deus (Glittering Blizzard Spirit, latin-romanian-latin) and Chryseus Hiems Lux (Golden Winter's Day, latin)

I think they deserved regal names.

Edited by TheDarkLatias

I'm partial to all my holiday babies (well...okay all my dragons and dino's) but I think this year is in the running for most lovely yet. All icy and shimmery and beautiful from egg through to adult. Well done! Thank you for another great, well planned event.

Kathleen

Pairing ideas?

Sorry for the image spam, what do you guys think?

The ridgewing and the sunsong look nice with it.

I tried to get the names "Longest Night" and "Shortest Day" but "Longest Night" was taken...but at least I have "Shortest Day" and "Long Nights" reserved.

I named mine "Sol Lustitiae" (Sun of Righteousness) and "Lucem Sempiternam" (Everlasting Light) smile.gif

I think I will switch names on my dragons. I named my 2nd Gen Yulebucks Saint Solstice and Saint Equinox. I'll be giving the Solstice Dragons those names instead. laugh.gif

Winter solstice...the days beome longer. Mine are named Arien Entulesse and Naira Entulesse. Both are loosely translated as Sun Return

Mine are named "What The Moon Told Me" (cause for some reason I was reminded of Rise of the Guardians) and "Icicle Dawn".

Don't know what I'd breed them with... maybe Wrapping-Wings? They'd look nice with Silver Shimmers too, I think.

Ribbon Dancers would be gorgeous with them if only they could be bred together. sad.gif

Yeah... 'scuse me, I need to just go to the first page and drool over it again.

I think the word I want is "stunning!"

I'm a little disappointed that these are female instead of male. D: Oh well. i still adore the sprite, I'm just sad they're not boys.

Personally, I'm glad there are some female ones, finally - we've had a long streak of male-only holiday releases after all. ^-^;