TJ09

2013-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

It's happening all over. We are all hoping it isn't a glitch.... There's a thread in help, and questions in TLQ.... I've PMd TJ but he hasn't read it yet.

Thank you.

I did look around for a topic on it, but I must have completely missed those threads.

My bad.

I will add myself to the hopeful crowd then.

But a deer is different from a dragon. A Caribou's legs aren't that long or thin and they seem a better fit for a body that doesn't do much except move. Unless these dragons are very nimble and light.

I kind of don't care for the whiskers I admit, they seem a little extra but I'll skip over them since I like the rest of the dragon (I bet their bodies are warm with that fur...I know Oksi's job, dragon sitter)

The adults are simply gorgeous! I absolutely love them. All the colors.... I'm thinking Sunsongs? I wish I had CB Golds to breed mine to.

Ooh these might look very pretty with golds. I'll have to try that out =3

I too am not that fond of the whisker, but I love the wing patterns! Very pretty color scheme, and the antlers are awesome! I love great big antlers =D Irish elk were amazing creatures, as are normal elk and caribou.

Very pretty dragon and well done!

But a deer is different from a dragon. A Caribou's legs aren't that long or thin and they seem a better fit for a body that doesn't do much except move. Unless these dragons are very nimble and light.

Honestly, the dragons look more lightly built than the average horse, and most horses have skinny little twig legs (at least compared to the fact that they weigh several hundred pounds on average). The legs are fine.

Not sure what I'll breed mine with. Nihostrifes, maybe?

They are beautiful. I love the traditional Christmas colors, but we already have a lot of those, so it's great to have a different color scheme!

Hmm.. I think it was just that the hatchlings were all delicate and adorable, and then out of nowhere, they get more colours and bulkier. I'm not too fond of that gold line (not sure what it's supposed to be) that starts at the head and goes to the top of the wing. The whiskers bother me a bit, too.

I can see what you mean -- there's a gold line that acts as an outline, from the top of the head down the neck and up the wing membrane. I don't actually know what part of the dragon it is. Then again, sometimes you just need an outline -- I love the Black Marrow sprite, and it has a few of those outlines which help define the form.

When I first saw the Solstice Dragons, I *did* think they looked very "busy," and that the whiskers were perhaps unnecessary and/or didn't fit the reindeer theme so well. But at the same time, the whiskers serve to move the gold color through the image (and they're really the one part that I see carrying over the delicate golden curlicue patterns from the egg; the tail and wingtips are gold, but the tail is muted and thick, the wingtips thick and straight). As for the change from hatchling to dragon, it was a bit of a surprise to see the sudden rainbow of colors show up, along with snowflakes and golden wingtips and furry neck and a floating ice/water/magic orb between the antlers... Yet, I think most of it works well together, save perhaps the whiskers. I think there was just initial shock that it changed from a sky-blue-and-gold dragon to a rainbow dragon.

I love, love, LOVE the gradient shading inside the wing -- so smoothly done! Such a rich palette! -- and the angle of the dragon, the anatomy of the wing, the neck ruff, the tail, and the antlers. Wow, those antlers! I'm really fond of the tail, actually, and how it swoops around and looks so plume-y. I think the legs look fine, too, for the record.

I kind of hope the lineage view gets changed a little, because right now it's so "zoomed out" that the sprite is completely muted -- I'd rather have a closer angle, even if it means losing that glorious tail, so that we can better match it with shapes and colors and sprites of proportionate size.

Edited by Kelkelen

Wow, these guys are just amazing! They may have just displaced Snow Angels as my favorite Christmas breed. I love how different they are from all the other Christmas dragons we've had--must be that beautiful blue. I hope the "no limits on older holiday breeds" thing sticks around for next year, because I want tons of these. And some frozen hatchies, too.

0.0 They're amazing! I think Sunsongs would look great with them.

Yes!!! I was just trying to figure out what breeds they might go well with, and Sunsong is topping my list!

I also think they may go well with Lumina, White, SoulPeace, and Shadow Walker dragons. It's a little tricky -- I don't want to pair them with a breed that has stronger colors like black in its design, or a breed that will look too simple compared to such a detailed sprite!

But Sunsong. For sure.

I love these new Christmas babies, they are out of this world.

Waiting for my babies to gender so I can name them.

I think mine will be bred with CB Whites, next year.

These are beautiful! The colors are just amazing; very Christmastime but they'll stand out a mile from the previous dragons. I'm happy to see a departure from the standard colors of red, white, and green: yes, those colors are traditional, but they tend to get overplayed in Christmas decor. This design suits the holiday very well, and manages to also look like something that could exist on an actual creature.

I love the reindeer heads and necks, and the Lung-type mustachios. The posing on the wings is also very nice. Well done spriting team! biggrin.gif

Oooh. I love the wings, colors, and dainty legs. The antlers and glowy orb thing are really nice as well. The neck seems really bulky compared to the rest of them, though.

Also I wish Christmas dragons got breed descriptions--the eggs had such a cute one, was looking forward to reading more about the adults xd.png

Between snow fort, raised limits, and these, it's been a lovely DC Christmas all around!

I was just going through my scroll looking for potential mates and stopped dead when I got to the Sunsong. I am pretty sure that will be my choice. It is nice to see there are so many others who agree. I will browse the rest of my scroll, but don't expect to find anything else that I like as well.

Pleasantly surprised with the new Christmas Dragons. I adore them and can't wait for mine to grow up. Their colors are amazing and the details are just wow. I love the name, too. Perfect name for such a lovely dragon. (:

Wow, this has to be the most lovely event dragon yet in my opinion! Just wow!

With those antlers and that blue gem thing between them, I have to guess they were inspired by the endless forest some how. xd.png

Jeeeeeeeez these are gorgeous. Well, I can imagine some awesome pairings that I can make with these....

*coughs sunsongs yes yes*