TJ09

2013-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

This makes me glad the limit has been lifted on bred holiday eggs. Cause I am going to collect the crap out of this dragon next year. I want an army of them.

This makes me glad the limit has been lifted on bred holiday eggs. Cause I am going to collect the crap out of this dragon next year. I want an army of them.

YES YES AND YES!!!

Omg Odeen they are magnificent!! So beautiful... so pretty.... LOVE the colors. And antlers on a female?! Awesome!!

I was excited for these as soon as I saw the little antlers on the hatchies and their blue color. I'm absolutely in LOVE with the adults! They're gorgeous! Among my favorites, certainly.

Wow, just wow! I love these! The detail on them is fantastic. Absolutely beautiful job! Thank you so much for the lovely babies and the extra info!

Beautiful lil girls! Not just the eggs are super pretty, wow!! Love them, can't wait for my pokey hatchlings to grow up.

They're lovely (and yay blue Holiday dragon!), but to my eyes at least they also look like they were intended to be male...

(And my goodness I wish they were so I could mate one with Luckiest Catch!)

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Just saw the additional description for the Solstices on the wiki. Yep, I'm in love. Best dragon ever.

And I gotta say I definitely think the colors of these dragons are a perfect capture of the colors of the sky and nature on a crispy cold winter day when the sun is resting just beneath the horizon. Great job!

I love the spirit! Named mine Solhverv and Sonnenwend wich both means solstice in german and danisch. And I've seen the alt version. Absolutly adore the colouring. I'm really envious, why can't we get them?! T_T

I love the spirit! Named mine Solhverv and Sonnenwend wich both means solstice in german and danisch. And I've seen the alt version. Absolutly adore the colouring. I'm really envious, why can't we get them?! T_T

Because we are mostly rubbish at spriting ? xd.png

~Odeen's Description of the Solstice Dragons~

Odeen, I love it! You've created an amazing background for this dragon. Thank you for posting this!

I got Lady Holiday Warmth, and Lady Holiday Glow. Among the prettiest of all the dragons so far.

>All that indepth information about the Solstice.

Oh my goodness bless you Odeen.

You know what I really like about this one though? It's a female dragon but its still really masculine(and I really like when we get breeds like this a lot). They're very pretty. The only thing I wish was a bit different on their designs was that they were more furry(But thats because I love love furry dragons).

>_< If Snow Angels were gendered male I'd totally want to breed them together with the Snow Angels since they look so lovely side by side.

Odeen, as I said to you last night, these are by far the most beautiful dragons the cave has seen to date. I am pleased to have a pair of your dragons. What they mean to you does come through in the work you have done.

I love how you have chosen to represent the solstice and how you have chosen the most beautiful colour set for the wings that reminds me of a sunrise/sunset.

I love that your baby dragons remind me of the tiny duiker deer from Africa - more correctly duiker Antelope. I adore duikers.

I have not connected with any dragon in cave like i have this one. If anyone does deem it necessary to harshly crit your work, take it with a grain of salt. These are - Perfect.

Love ya!

These are indeed beautiful dragons. wub.gif Thanks for the detailed description too. biggrin.gif

I named mine Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies and Aspenglow, after the old John Denver song. It seemed to fit.

Edited by Stormcaller

They're lovely (and yay blue Holiday dragon!), but to my eyes at least they also look like they were intended to be male...

(And my goodness I wish they were so I could mate one with Luckiest Catch!)

This dragon has always been female in my head, and I always intended for her to be released as such. Even my early designs for her all had hair, whiskers, and antlers.

Edited by Odeen

This dragon has always been female in my head, and I always intended for her to be released as such. Even my early designs for her all had hair, whiskers, and antlers.

*holds up hands* Fair enough, I stand corrected, as the man said to his chiropractor! smile.gif I think I'm just disappointed they're *not* male because I can't mate one with my CB Shimmer. wink.gif

(Oh, and I honestly am thrilled that they're blue! And I loved the extra info on the wiki, especially the extra sketches.)

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Odeen, your Solstice Dragon is breathtaking beautiful!!!

This is by far my favourite Chistmas dragon (and the most beautiful dragon in the Cave so far). I love the colours. it is an amazing sprite. I can not wait for next Christmas to get more of them.

Thank you sooooo much!!!

I still wish the generic description for December dragons could be changed. This should NOT be described as a CHRISTMAS dragon.... As all that lovely solstice information can testify. sad.gif

This is NOT a Christmas dragon.

*sobs uncontrollably*

OK better now ! But still, TJ ?

(snip)

Oh, WOW. Thank you so much for all the lovely additional information.

Even just "thank you" doesn't seem like enough. I'm away from home for the holidays this year, haven't seen my family for more than a year, and right now I'm alone, lonely, cold, and really sick. The description of the Solstice Dragons' ability to lift people from the depths of despair, to fill them with warmth and hope and the promise of light, really struck a chord with me. (I may have cried a little...) They already looked like the kind of dragon whose side you would want to curl up against, and bury your cheek in that soft fur, and it was so very, very nice to read that they would provide exactly that "shelter in a storm."

Also, your concept art is just *beautiful.*

This is NOT a Christmas dragon.

I definitely disagree... the extra description Odeen gave us clearly shows exactly why these wonderful ladies are precisely Christmas Dragons... In fact, I don't think there could be anything more closely tied to the spirit of Christmas than what these dragons are all about!

Excellent job Odeen - thanks so much for sharing your vision and art with us! smile.gif

The Winter Solstice is NOT the same as Christmas. The spirit of Christmas is not something exclusive to Christmas either; it is given that name at times, but what it is is plain old generosity.

This all came up BIG time after last Christmas, and I couldn't agree more; when I saw the name of this dragon I thought to myself AT LAST (and thanked Odeen for doing it.)

And then I saw the generic description in there... sad.gif

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=145818