TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

...And I like the duos...though here again, I like one gender (the female) just a bit more than the other, though both are great!

Beautiful sprites, as ever! Thank you to Mysfytt and Earthgirl for some wonderful new two-headed dragons. <3 I personally prefer the Lindwurms; great to see a mix of two dragon types. :3

Wow, the male green Two-headed Lindwurm is PERFECT! wub.gif

And I love the funny Duotone Dragons, I'm not indecisive about them at all. biggrin.gif

Both of these dragons are absolutely beautiful! I am really impressed at the intense detailing of the images, and love the lively poses. The descriptions are wonderful, very creative and well-thought-out, and do a great job of depicting the very different natures of these two breeds of Two-Heads. I am going to be chuckling all day at the thought of a DuoTone crashing through the trees because one head spotted a squirrel. laugh.gif

Hehe, just noticed the grammar errors in the Lindwurms descrip. That's gonna bother me. biggrin.gif I am liking the Lindwurms' colors, though.

I love them. I hope I can collect many.

Very well done, spriters!

And I see now that both the Duotones have grown up. If anything I like the female a tiny bit more than the male, but both are wonderful. Nice job, Mysfytt! Very amusing breed description, too!

Thanks to both spriters and to TJ for bringing us these new dragons. I just wish they were a bit easier to catch. My refreshing finger is getting very very tired! wink.gif

Edited by purplehaze

Beautiful! <3 I thought they were the Duotones! They went missing from the Completed List recently, so I'm glad to see them here now!

Congratulations, Mysfytt!

Both of these new breeds are truly classic dragons, regal, beautiful, perfect! wub.gif

They are all very nicely done. Beautiful sprites. I like the Duotones better, first I love purple and I'm not really a big fan of lindwurms. Even though the lindwurms are beautiful too, love the colors. The Duotones remind me of chimeras. No, not the fantasy creature, it's genetics. What is a chimera linkuser posted image

These Lindwurms are amazing!! And of course I can't catch any. Thankfully I was able to trade for a green one, at least...

Huzzah !!!

Earthgirl and Mysfytt - you did it !! Oh, I could hug you both !!

After all those releases that had promising hatchlings which morphed into adults that didn't quite catch my fancy (with exception of the Imperials) I finally get one where I just love, love, love the dragons !! wub.gif

The poses are magnificent, all four of them !! The Opals (they deserve such a beautiful nickname, so I'll stick to it) are so elegant and regal, and the Duotones so unbelievable lively (you can practically see the whole movement the pose is part of) ! And they all are really original. It makes these sprites so vivid - wonderful !

The colouring, while "natural" in one case and more "comic like" in the other, is perfect, too. Harmonious, unique, with wonderful shading, just great !

Details - oh, I love how you managed to make these sprites so very detailed and yet so wonderfully clear and distinguishable ! Despite both males holding one head in front of the background of the wings it is no problem at all to see where one thing ends and the other one begins, and what belongs where. Great posture of the wings, beautiful heads, just enough spikes and/or ridges to make them look draconic. Stunning !

(The tiniest of optical hickups I have with the male Opals - the legs being quite massive and the claws pointing directly downwards they look more like hind legs than "arms" to me. Especially compared to the female sprite. But that's just trivia considering the overall awesomeness of the sprites.)

The Opals look like some marvellous picture out of a wonderfully illustrated book about mythology, or a fairy tale. And the Duotones somehow are the epitome of a dragon from a book for slightly younger children, with their vibrant colours, the triangular tail end and the golden horn plate on their heads.

For statistics: In both cases the female sprite is my favourite, albeit the males are great, too.

And, of course, the personalities ! First great thing: They do have any that go above and beyond pure animal instinct. Or at least the descriptions make it sound like that to me. Second: They are original and interesting, the Opals sounding somewhat mysterious and intriguing, the Duotones funny and somewhat cute. (Bonus points to the Opals for having a moon connection and the mention of crypts - them being the mythological ones, and to the Duotones for the crash landing option. wink.gif)

I could go on some more, but I'll summarize by saying THANK YOU, earthgirl and Mysfytt, for giving me two new dragons that go right among the top ranks of my all-DC-favourites !!

And thank you, TJ, for the double-madness that brought two wonderful breeds !

Oh - there is one downside to this release. Even two, come to think of it.

1. I don't have enough of these gorgeous dragons, and won't have for the foreseeable future.

2. I can't breed them with my other beloved breeds, because they are two-headed.

wink.gif

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

The lindwurms hmm. Good, I like the purple/blue one more. However I expected something shiny by looking at the eggs... Now that's a serious obsession. ^^"

Nothing really to say about Duotones, since I knew how they will look like - I used to collect sprites from the Completed list. c: I should start doing it again. *downloads all the awesomeness*

Yay! We have the Duotones in the cave! They were one of my favorites on the Completed list, so I'm happy to have them on my scroll!

The Two-headed Lindwurms are gorgeous. The shading is just phenomenal. I'm glad I have two of each color, because according to the wiki they're going to be uncommon. How disappointing. I'm rather sick of uncommons and rares because I don't have a lot of time to hunt for them and I almost never have anything good enough to trade.

Anyway, great job, artists, and thanks to T.J. for another release!

They are both gorgeous, although I like the Lindwyrms just a tiny bit more smile.gif I am glad I could catch at least one of the blue/violet ones.

Edited by Flaviel

Wow. Just wow. The adults are really gorgeous! I love the poses, the details and the nice colors. Many thanks to the spriters!

Now I have to go and grab more of them from the cave...

ooo the adults are spectacular! thanks for leaving the indecisive ones bold colors! i love it! i like the opals too! can't wait to do some lineages!

Love both new dragons, but especially the greenish Lindwurms. So it doesn't bother me too much, that I didn't get the lavender ones.

The description of the Duotones is just lovely! laugh.gif They will look great with the Splits, I think.