TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Just seen my first of the new release eggs in the biome and I was egg-locked. Just my luck. :P

Lol, got bored refreshing in the Cave, after an egg finally hatched to give me a space, and found a low-time CB White in the AP.

Nice to be able to catch something for a change!

and I sat there and stared at it instead of clicking it, derp rolleyes.gif

My personal rule is if I don't immediately recognize the description I click it. Sometimes it's just a brainfart and I get an ember or something, but every once in a while I get something good. Last night I got a copper, for example.

See at least 3 Opals go by in the forest in this last drop. Managed to snag one too! That said I'm amazed by all you people seeing CB metals - I can't say I've seen one at all while I've been hunting.

How do you guys see the metallic golds.... maybe I haven't been hunting long enough. I usually grab the eggs I want quickly.

Yeah, sometimes it can take sitting through the cycle to see the metallics. When I went hunting for new eggs, after my first had hatched and I unlocked, I saw 3 or 4 Silvers spread throughout an hour's drop. Then I popped in a little later probably 35 - 45 minutes after a new hour drop had started and there was a Gold. So sometimes they're just in the later parts of drops.

And, of course, they go super fast, so if you don't refresh at just the right time yo can miss even seeing them.

And as for an earlier posting yeah I can remember when the mass drops lasted for more than just ONE HOUR. In fact it lasted ALL Day. So why the big change??? It just makes it harder for people to catch them in the regular ones. Sometimes they don't even show up every hour.

It may have been changed because people were showing up for the releases and getting all the eggs they needed for their scroll goals. There were a lot of player complaints that there was nothing to do in between releases and so there was a cycle of - Release -> Grab all the eggs you need right away -> Wander off until ->New release.

By increasing the frequency of the releases and also decreasing the number of eggs released during each one, the amount of time it takes to complete scroll goals expands and gameplay is extended. It's actually, IMO, a pretty good move, except for 3 things:

1. Cave blockers mean that a person can sometimes spend 10 or 15 minutes looking at the same three eggs. Until that problem is resolved, many players are always going to see the initial mass drops as the only real chance to get an egg because all too soon the biomes will freeze back up.

Theoretically new releases can speed up the biomes, but that doesn't really seem to be all that effective over time. The blocker issue simply needs to be resolved in a different way, IMO.

2. Because there's no alternative way to get CBs - only hunting - people with slower computers/connection speeds have tended to rely on new release floods to grab eggs. In that way, vigilance and making every effort to attend the new releases help to compensate for things like technical limitations. This new release format further shuts out those players without offering reasonable alternatives that could help them be competitive.

3. The user base is going to take a long time to let go of the idea that eggs should be available to everyone on release day. Because that's the way it's always been, it's difficult to shift gears from the idea that new releases are an event for everyone to get new eggs, to the idea of new releases simply being an event where a new breed is put into the cave.

If the other issues were resolved I think that people would get used to it faster. But it's going to take a lot more releases and enough time to bring in new players who never knew the old way to really shift the collective mindset, IMO. Even then, there will be those of us who are still at the new releases saying, "Ya know, back in my day, the eggs flowed out of that thar cave like a river...". xd.png

And 4 - tranding is broken. But that's a whole different post. lol

Just 5 hours left, but it's almost 3:30 AM xd.png It'll be something positive to look forward to in the morning at least happy.gif

Edited by Wahya

Whew, caught a Grey opal from Alpine, switched over to Forest and got a Silver. ^__^

blue opal

Silver

I was just about to go to sleep, but I think I'll just wait a couple hours to see if people start trying to viewbomb me. smile.gif Newbie luck...

^ Grats.

I'll give up trying for green opals for a while. I'll catch them later, eventually.

Happy with my 2 pairs of purples and undecideds. <3

Can't wait for TJ's to grow up. smile.gif

Whew, caught a Grey opal from Alpine, switched over to Forest and got a Silver. ^__^

blue opal

Silver

I was just about to go to sleep, but I think I'll just wait a couple hours to see if people start trying to viewbomb me. smile.gif Newbie luck...

congrats on the silver~ saw another one at the hourly drop of course I was to slow....

but anyways back to the topic smile.gif

I gave up on the green opals no one seems to want to trade green opals and the forest moves way to slow for my liking... (in my amazing opinion) If you wish to catch more opals the best choice would be to go to the alpine and just catch all the grey opals cause the alpine seems to move so fast and the eggs get taken pretty quick not like the forest sleep.gif

Hurry and grow TJ's Hatchies >.<

Never thought about that you may be right Tecca... tongue.gif

Edited by lollipop00

Green Opals may be less common as well, besides the forest not moving. In TJ's post under Two Headed Madness (announcing the release), in the picture it only shows two eggs: the "undecided" and the blue Opal. So I'm thinking the blue one is regular, the green one must be the alt.

I don't think ill get any releases this time. :/ Comps laggy and took 3min to load this reply thing. *inward to my comp* Ah we'll, I wish those luck with faster computers who can click an egg (when its still there unlike 3min later, lol! )

Got my first one just now biggrin.gif . Thanks for the release.

Sweet funny picture you have there Light Concorde laugh.gif .

Edited by HappYou

Awwww, kitty pictures... *brain melts because of fluffyness overload*

Ahem, where was I ?

Right - two hours are such a loooong time ! Several times through the last realeases it happened to me that hatchies I loved so much because they looked gorgeous turned into rather... ugly (well, my personal taste) or unspectacular adults. And these Opals look so wonderful, so now I'm on the edge to see if they do keep it up or leave me out in the rain. Ah, the suspense !

(I like the Undecideds quite a lot, too, but they don't hint so much at what could come next.)

@earthgirl:

Being their spriter, shouldn't the opals flock to you ?! wink.gif

I'm so curious if you'll grace us with additional info on the breed once they are grown up !

Being their spriter doesn't make a skilled cave hunter. xd.png

I did get gifted one opal last night, though. <3

Additional info? I dunno...

wow, pretty! <3 Now I gotta get this release and the last one too >:l

I wish you better luck than me. (3 days hunt and nothing, hope yours goes better. :3 )

Edited by AveryCF

Silly hatchlings - why you grow up while I'm in work?

Ah well, it's something nice to come home to.

And woo! My little undecided babies hatched, and my first Green Opal and Blue Opal have hatched as well.

My quest now has been snagging some blocker eggs from the Forest (Terrae eggs mostly as I love the highly distinct dimorphism) and the occasional super low time AP egg

Very beautiful! And realistic. I love the color scheme, which is pretty and doesn't burn my eyes. Congrats earthgirl! biggrin.gif

(but somebody could have proof-read that description lol)

It grew up! So pretty... makes me feel even more sad not being able to catch one of those :/

Yay! First one to grow up. Sooo pretty. That's not going to help ease the pressure on getting more of them though. tongue.gif