TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

I've stopped my hunting in favor of taking the low time AP horse dragon eggs (my army continues to grow even though I've hit my goal of 50 males, 50 females)

And darn, still 3 hours til my first Opals will have a chance to hatch - giving me more egg spots to hunt for AP hatchers and/or other 'good' CB eggs to gift away.

Went hunting for opals last night and caught a copper instead. The first one I've seen in the cave since the release.

Well, I haven't been able to catch any opals but one ( hours into the intial drop ) - BUT - on the bright side, people are letting glories sit pretty for the picking, and I am happy to take them. ^^

stayed up for hourly release, missed every opal i saw...

out of frustration tried to summon a GoN

Your magma, thunder, and ice dragons combine their powers, summoning a mysterious egg.
it was so worth it smile.gif second GoN after ~4 months of playing DC

thanks hunters that grabbed the opals i wanted smile.gif

Wow the purple and red twin heads remind me of the splits a bit. ^^ They're so adorable!! <3

Well the purple opals are zooming through the alpine but the forest just doesnt want to move.

My thoughts are: the purple opal is the normal color so it will be like the purple dorsal, where as the green opal is the alt. so it will be like the red dorsal... just a thought I hope all the 2 heads dont become unommon/rare since the blood-scales have since vanished... I cant handle another release where everything vanishes right after they are dropped, (Coppers/Blusangs im looking at you)...

I think you're wrong. The Alpine is a generally fast moving biome since it has breeds a lot of people want. Whereas it's not the same in the forest biome.

I think you're wrong. The Alpine is a generally fast moving biome since it has breeds a lot of people want. Whereas it's not the same in the forest biome.

Only 11 More hours and we will see some adults! biggrin.gif Im so excited!

Im sure your right it was just my own theory wink.gif

The forest enjoys making people work for it tongue.gif

Edited by majors

Only 11 More hours and we will see some adults! biggrin.gif Im so excited!

I hope the name isn't too long-it always interferes with my naming skills if the breed name is too long tongue.gif

Yep. According to the wiki, excluding the breeds that drop in all biomes, the Alpine and the Forest both have 25 breeds. They share 7 other breeds that drop in both biomes (although I've never seen some of those breeds appear in alpine/forest but....) Out of those 25, the alpine has 7-8 species that are considered "desirable" (this maybe arbitrary) while the forest has 6. And a few of those are pygmys or drakes that people don't want during a new release cuz they can't bite and turn them.

Edited by ylangylang

I hope the name isn't too long-it always interferes with my naming skills if the breed name is too long tongue.gif

Yep. According to the wiki, excluding the breeds that drop in all biomes, the Alpine and the Forest both have 25 breeds. They share 7 other breeds that drop in both biomes (although I've never seen some of those breeds appear in alpine/forest but....) Out of those 25, the alpine has 7-8 species that are considered "desirable" (this maybe arbitrary) while the forest has 6. And a few of those are pygmys or drakes that people don't want during a new release cuz they can't bite and turn them.

Yes I like short breed names with long Bios on them smile.gif

Thats funny I just went and read the wiki as well. smile.gif

Yes the last few months worth of releases have all had a breed thats landed in the alpine and most of those are still desired so it makes sense that its faster moving. The poor jungle must feel left out. tongue.gif

Took 30min but I finally saw ONE green opal fly past. Wasn't able to grab it of course.

The biomes are moving really well right now and I'm see blue opals and multicolored eggs very frequently and having no trouble catching them.

Well, just saw a regular Two-Head egg in the forest - so that's kind of funny (yes, it has two-heads - it's just not the one people really want right now [but it was still snapped up almost instantly]

Anyhow - Soon as my next few eggs hatch...I'm going after some of those 'Lush Green Hue' eggs that keep blocking the forest (I like the Terrae)

And the final countdown till the adult sprites show up! Only a few hours to go biggrin.gif

Of course, as usual - TJ's hatchlings will grow up when I'm in work so I won't get to see them until I come home.

I suppose that's kind of a nice thing to come home and see - but at the same time, it's kind of sad that I have to wait so long to see them.

Anyone have any ideas as to if they'll be called Lindwyrms? As far as the opals are concerned that is.

Anyone have any ideas as to if they'll be called Lindwyrms? As far as the opals are concerned that is.

Two-headed Lindwyrm has been the most commonly suggested name due to their sorting (as Two-headed comes before albino) - and it seems like a good guess based on their body type.

However, we won't know for sure til we get the adults

Has anyone noticed an increase in dropping splits (the original blue ones)? I've seen a couple in the last hour or two...

I'm SOOOO staying up to see them grow. lol

It will only be 9:00pm where i live, but I won't be here until 10:00 my time...unless i find some random computer..smile.gif

Good luck to those who still have nothing biggrin.gif

I have found these guys tough to catch but not near impossible like the coppers. I like all three but the green opal just looks cool. Like it will be even more awesome as an adult.

I caught two of the multicolored right off tonight. After A LOT of not clicking fast enough I finally managed to catch a purple opal. I missed the initial release for being out of town this weekend. sad.gif

Usually I have better luck on the first day of a release. This is holding very true for me tonight.

I haven't seen a single green opal in forest all day for the past 10 hours (I check on hour drops only though). Has anyone see them in the last 10 hours? Cause I'm thinking they're getting swiped before I can see them now. Yesterday was way different. Lol

Can I get all of their definitions? Might help my hunt if ik what to look for as I have none. xd.png

I haven't seen a single green opal in forest all day for the past 10 hours (I check on hour drops only though). Has anyone see them in the last 10 hours? Cause I'm thinking they're getting swiped before I can see them now. Yesterday was way different. Lol

I saw one in the forest, but that's it...too bad i was overburdened.

I caught another multicolored (it was nestled between three red eggs, all of which I grabbed X3 but I missed out on a silver)

I'll be gifting the multicolored away when it goes off of cooldown :3

Edited by Ashura09

Can I get all of their definitions? Might help my hunt if ik what to look for as I have none. xd.png

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released

I've seen plenty whizz by, and I caught one about 10 hours ago.