TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

I'm trying to get another green opal but I haven't seen any drop all day today since last night.

Makes two of us. At least I haven't seen any during the last hour drop... blink.gif

I am in loveeeeeeee with these dragons. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm trying to get another green opal but I haven't seen any drop all day today since last night.

In the times that I have searched (around 6 o'clock and from 9 o'clock onward) - I've seen 3 Green Opal eggs [Missed them all]

So they are dropping - but they seem to go fast.

Makes two of us. At least I haven't seen any during the last hour drop... blink.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one; I was lucky with getting my first green opal but the other opals I got trying to get another green turned out to be purple instead...kind of hard to get a specific color when both of them have the same description unsure.gif

edit: @ ShorahNagi - for me, they're hard to get when both the purple and green opal have the same description; you don't know which one you got until it shows up on a page with the bbc code for it and I guess they're popular then if they're going fast.

Edited by Dragonpelt

The color is dictated by the biome you catch it. I believe the blue/grey/purple is alpine and coast while the other is forest and jungle. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't have either, so I wouldn't know. xd.png

edit: @ ShorahNagi - for me, they're hard to get when both the purple and green opal have the same description; you don't know which one you got until it shows up on a page with the bbc code for it and I guess they're popular then if they're going fast.

True - but the Green drops in the Forest/Jungle and the Blue/Purple (to me, it seems more Blue than Purple) in the Alpine/Coast

So as long as you are in the right Biome - you'll get the right color egg (it's like the different color Coppers)

Edited by ShorahNagi

oh that's good to know and I was only able to get the brown copper egg so I don't know where the other two colors (red/orange and green) dropped/drop if they're still dropping.

oh that's good to know and I was only able to get the brown copper egg so I don't know where the other two colors (red/orange and green) dropped/drop if they're still dropping.

They (Coppers) do still drop - they are just rare to see in drops (the breed itself is uncommon.

The biomes for them are:

Red Copper: Alpine, Forest

Brown Copper: Desert, Volcano

Green Copper: Coast, Jungle

And darn it - no luck this time. Oh well, I'm going to bed - good luck everyone!

I'm yet to see any green opalescents in the Jungle, but truth be told I haven't been paying much attention to it. The biome looks even more cluttered with commons than the Forest.

Anyone else notice that the Opals have 2 forearms but no back legs? Lindwyrm perhaps?

Misclicked an Electric with the one open slot for a lavender opalescent. blink.gif

They are still dropping - I just don't have the speed to catch more. dry.gif

Oh well! Hopefully I'll be able to catch some when the current eggs hatch tonight, WITHOUT misclicks! rolleyes.gif

Didn't know the Green Opals dropped in different biomes. I color-swapped for mine, I though the Green was just rarer.

Anyone else notice that the Opals have 2 forearms but no back legs? Lindwyrm perhaps?

Yay! I'm not the only one that noticed, and I think you may be right!

I noticed the red eggs are taking alot.png more views to crack than the purple or greens, im auto refreshing my page and it got my views up enough to put the eggs at stage 4 biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Yeah i noticed this a bit back in the thread! I love them though.. I didn't get a chance to see the S1s of the opals..

woah woah woah, hold up... the opals don't have back legs?! O.O omg i love them already
Edited by IcarusTheDragon

Has anyones hatched yet?

Mine were caught directly on the hour of the release, so they will hatch then.

None of them COULD hatch now, I don't think, because it hasn't been enough days yet ( not even with incubate - it has to be 12:00 in DC time, bahaaa. x3 )

@ ShorahNagi: good to know about the coppers happy.gif and thanks I'll need that luck to get another green opal tonight smile.gif.

None of them COULD hatch now, I don't think, because it hasn't been enough days yet ( not even with incubate - it has to be 12:00 in DC time, bahaaa. x3 )

Okay thank you!!

They (Coppers) do still drop - they are just rare to see in drops (the breed itself is uncommon.

I need to try for the green opals when my current eggs hatch. Hopefully they will be only uncommon-like-trios and not uncommon-like-coppers. Which do drop of course...on Venus where it is exceedingly hot and they vaporize before anyone sees them.

Has anyones hatched yet?

There is one girl who posted on the thread that she earth-quaked hers and they hatched biggrin.gif She got lucky though, I would never risk killing my new releases just to speed it up a bit...

Edited by majors

I need to try for the green opals when my current eggs hatch. Hopefully they will be only uncommon-like-trios and not uncommon-like-coppers. Which do drop of course...on Venus where it is exceedingly hot and they vaporize before anyone sees them.

Love this explanation as to what's happening to all those Coppers. xd.png I really need that giggle. Thanks.

There is one girl who posted on the thread that she earth-quaked hers and they hatched biggrin.gif She got lucky though, I would never risk killing my new releases just to speed it up a bit...

He, and yea, I hatched three of the undecided ones earlier. Couldn't hatch more, though. My luck ran out and I killed a few eggs the next time I tried.

It can hatch 30 minutes before 12:00 DC time. smile.gif I usually Viewbomb my eggs/hatchlings at 4d 1h (Sometimes in rare occasions 4d 2h).

I wonder if these will have a BSA? or at least one of them the last one is a wierd one.I like this monthly release tho it is fun!