TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

My 4 opals hatched. <3

Now I'm waiting for my undecideds.

But I missclicked on a bleeding moon and a glory drake and well... gotta wait 5 hours. :< Not happy with this. Tho, I might keep the moon - need more males.

My 4 opals hatched. <3

Now I'm waiting for my undecideds.

But I missclicked on a bleeding moon and a glory drake and well... gotta wait 5 hours. :< Not happy with this. Tho, I might keep the moon - need more males.

I will say that's another thing I love about new releases is that some of the other rares come out to play and it's a lot easier to get them. I heard several people get rare's like dino's, paper, leetle tree's, some of the trios, Day/Night Glory's, even some Coppers.

congrats to everyone who got those eggs along-side the Undecideds and Opals. biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif Haha, yeah.

well, I missclicked a black too, after getting another undecided egg.

I'm going to post the drake and the black in departures later. smile.gif I've plenty of both kinds, but I'm sure some people will enjoy them more than I do.

*pokes her multis with a stick* hatch already, so I can try for more opals!! ><

True, but for me it's kind of like the Glory Drakes. Absolutely stunning dragons, and they do move faster than some of the other eggs in the Forest. However, it's clear to see that their demand is undercut by the tiny breeding pool available.

So, although I have no doubt these new dragons will be gorgeous, I don't know if they're going to be enough to move the biome given that the have a much less sever, but still similar problem to the drakes.

Sadly, that's kinda why I'm not in a rush to collect the Day Glories, so you do have a very valid point.

Managed to catch a golden wyvern in the alpine drop biggrin.gif Didn't see any opals, but didn''t really hang around long there either.

Now I just need to get an opal and a undecided to hatch already -..-

If TJ created a solution to this "problem", it would be a fatal mistake on his part. Why? Because having blockers adds some small degree of challenge to a rather dull game. Take that away, and suddenly the game becomes easier. If the game becomes easier, people will lose interest in it faster than they already do. You can argue that you can keep yourself busy with other various activities, mostly in the form of making lineages. But as "entertaining" as they are, they are just not enough to hold one's interest for very long. There are descriptions, but not everyone is a writer. There is collecting, but like lineages, it gets old fast.

So making it easier to obtain all of the precious pixels is not going to solve anything or make players stay longer. If anything, they'll leave at a quicker rate once they've done everything.

I hate the rarity on DC.

I can give some reasons against rarity... not many because I'm not good at those things.

mine:

My aim is to collect couples from each species and breed them to have 3 hildren(M, F and ungendered) (BTW breed limits on several species ruins my idea, e.g. in case of guardian of nature I could have only 2 and I still don't know whether should I have 2 always infertile adults or 1 adult and 1 hatchling(now: gendered or ungendered?) for the sprites... I dream of a limit of 5 instead of 2 to be able to get my scroll aim), you may say my game ends when I reach that aim of couple+3children. BUT because of hte fact there are new breeds introduced once for a not-that-long period, my game is never finished because I need to check if there is a release or not, to be able to catch the missing breeds' MF couples (and form the 7day release like 5/9 of my couples were not matched and the dragons refused to go near each other-_- so I had to hunt for the proper lifelong mate for those while it was harder to do... NOTE: my dragons are in Draffective relationships(each of them has 1 lifelong mate) within their breed, so I can't simply breed the other of this breed to get the second adult of the particular breed which means that by current release I need to catch at least 6 eggs: 3 males and 3 females, 1 per species, and in case if they refuse to go near each other, I need to look for more until the dragons match within each breed's couple). My game won't end untill there are no more new releases at all. And I'm mad I can't get shimmers, 1 more blusang, alt of black and green, 1 per each trio breed... and now, during the current 2-headed release (BTW I'm glad they're two headed, not twins, because two-headed means the dragon has like one soul and the head is more like an arm than another being. If they weren't like that, I'd have to never breed those to not get foursomes(and ruin Draffection by that) instead of couples and I can't agree for such evil abomination.).

And the rarity makes me so angry that I lost my previous enthusiasm about the game when I see I can't get a new dragon to get closer to my aim for months...

BTW how is that possible that 20+ times I've made an instant click on new breeds' egg sb took it before me(yesterday)? I'm fast, I can't believe so many people were faster...(And I recognise the description without reading it)sad.gif (I'm showing my frustration here only:P)

I believe that in case of new releases, the new eggs should spawn all the time fulfilling the whole environment(s) they can spawn in... let's give it 3 days, then 50% chance withicn next 4, and the problem of crowded cave during the 1st day should get reduced(because would be splited into a few sure days).

About others:

But most of dragon cave players rather tend to play to get more and more dragons, they don't have an aim like me, they want to build armies, and show to others how many dragons they have (I guess that was the reason of limiting several breeds to 2 -damn why 2 not 5 D`:???), the rarity don't encourage them to stay, I beleive... It rather frustrates.

New releases - that's what has the biggest power of making people stay. People like to collect, and like to have new things.

True, but for me it's kind of like the Glory Drakes. Absolutely stunning dragons, and they do move faster than some of the other eggs in the Forest. However, it's clear to see that their demand is undercut by the tiny breeding pool available.

Oh, this is so true. ;n; I absolutely love the sprites (hatchies are super cute as well) but saw no point in grabbing anymore after completing this lineage, which seemed like a great idea at the time. XD

Oh, this is so true. ;n; I absolutely love the sprites (hatchies are super cute as well) but saw no point in grabbing anymore after completing this lineage, which seemed like a great idea at the time. XD

Sorry, just needed to let you know that I laughed really hard at this part, "which seemed like a great idea at the time. XD" Hahahahaha!

Nabbed another Opal in the alpine. *does a dance*

And fuuuu... 4 misclicks I have to get rid of later! xd.png

I was trying for another 'undecided' and misclicked on a green opal ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

Got a second Opalescent! Now to focus on getting two CBs of the green ones. orz

Maybe I can add the Undecided misclick to my Gold/Silver Shimmer trade once it comes off cooldown and get at least one that way...

Two Indecisives and a green Opal hatched, caught two more Indecisives and a blue Opal. So far, so good!

Sorry, just needed to let you know that I laughed really hard at this part, "which seemed like a great idea at the time. XD" Hahahahaha!

xP

~

My indecisive eggs are going to hatch soon, yuuuus. ouo I was also able to trade for some opals. c:

People are so weird. :3 I was satisfied with one of each. Then again... I am weird too!

Have only 1 Undecided, but I think a couple Shimmers and Tinsels might change other people's minds, if you know what I'm saying.

I finally managed to pick up my second lavender opal.

These are not going to be as rare as either Blusangs or Coppers because I'm still seeing plenty of both opals in the Cave - I just can't click fast enough among all the other hunters. Both Blusangs and Coppers were gone in the Cave this soon after their release date.

These are not going to be as rare as either Blusangs or Coppers because I'm still seeing plenty of both opals in the Cave - I just can't click fast enough among all the other hunters. Both Blusangs and Coppers were gone in the Cave this soon after their release date.

Agreed! I locked myself with 5 Blue Opals in the space of an hour or so earlier. They're hardly impossible to catch, just very popular at the moment. I just need some more Green Opals now to even out my pairs.

Since everyone seems to be catching Opals now, I'll begin hunting again when I get home and try to lock myself again with the new eggs. xd.png My new babies haven't hatched yet because of view count.

I think trade is going to be my only option to get an opal. Once everyone stops asking for low-gen Shimmers, CB metals and other colour opals >_>

Or maybe I'll have another shot at grabbing my own. :F

Lol, I SAW 2 Opals, but I did catch an egg from the previous Release (which I'd missed out on,) to make a pair of those sprites if all goes well, and a Specklethroat, so the night wasn't a write-off.

i'm off to bed - lots of luck to those hunting!

The last undecided hatched after ages.

then.

Filled the slot with a missclicked Nocturne that I bit and died.

Derp. :|