TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

I don't believe that calling people who voice their complaints "whiners" is any better than them calling you greedy.

She said that they whined, not that they were whiny. =P Difference.

Edited by Zovesta

O_O

I used earthquake twice and ended up with 3 of the undecided hatchlings, as well as a sunstone hatchling. What's better is there were no dead eggs on either try!

*goes off to celebrate*

Shame I still can't catch the "opals". xd.png

Whoot! My mom just caught a green one and a yellow dino biggrin.gif

I honestly don't see anyone here attacking you or aiming their complaints at you - people who are complaining have issues with the site and how it functions, or are arguing with eachother, not you inparticular. All I have seen is praise as far as your dragons/sprites are concerned. I personally have no issue with you or your art, and think your sprites are lovely just as everyone else does, but people can't be considered less than adult just for voicing their general concerns.

I'm not earthgirl xd.png

I'm the other one.

Okay that made me giggle.

Oooo that is why I could never find the greenies. Looking in Alpine. Got room for 2 more. Sooooooo will check out the forest division. cool.gif

Oh btw has the biomes pages and the ap pages have gone weird. White background with blue squares around eggs after one refreshes the pages with F5. Anybody else having the same problem???

Edited by LuvDragons

If I'm one of the ones you consider to be 'attacking' you, I apologise most profusely for having an opinion that didn't match yours.

ETA: Syph, maybe you'd better come sit in my corner so they can fence us off and keep us from belligerent-i-fying the entire release thread. I have cookies, cocoa, coffee - anything yr lil heart desires.

It's the comments and sarcasm that make me feel attacked. I didn't mean to offend you; I'm sorry. I'm just trying to enjoy the release just like you and everyone else. sad.gif

I remember when the drops didn't last five seconds and the cave wasn't filled with blockers. They were more like the Holiday releases, except there were a few commons spread about here and there. And in my time here, I saw more rares show up during those drops too. This place used to be really fun, but now it feels like a contest and it really, really sucks!

I'm frustrated too, and have said so, but I'm frustrated with the game mechanics. People catching as many eggs as they can is not the reason that the mass drop didn't even last a day! It's the game mechanics that cause this, not how other people play.

I agree with Sir Barton and others that voicing frustration and suggesting alternatives is important because otherwise the frustrating things won't get better.

I definitely think something needs to be changed code-wise, and that Mass Drops should last at least 24 hours (I'd prefer them to last 48 hours, so that people who can't get online on weekends also have a decent chance). I can't see anything wrong with giving everyone who is an active player during a release a good and realistic chance to catch a CB pair of the newly released breed.

But attacking other players is not helping anyone!

I agree with full heart. By now it is merely a torture and no fun - and after reading the thread carefully, there are many who feel more or less the same. There should be more possibilities to become content after a new drop and not fighting with each other.

It has become a comeptition isn't a game to have fun.

I also agree with those who spoke about the cave blockers. Who will not lose patience, when he sees merely the same three or for breeds in the cave droppings for 10 to 20 minutes?

And if you look in the AP - there more or less only the same 8 to 10 kinds of eggs. Is there a sense that they still die in the end or will be releasend in the Wilderness?

I am a long time player, about 4 years now, and I have seen many changes, but these are the worst. It is the first year, I am really thinking of quitting.

So I still hope, that there could be good changes, to give us back the fun - the new players, who have much to do in collecting the older breeds, and the old ones, who have established scrolls and could really help the others.

The monthy drops - as someone said - also made it more difficult to plan lineages ore help others to build up their scrolls.

I'm not earthgirl  xd.png

I'm the other one.

Okay that made me giggle.

Ohhh haha, now I feel incredibly silly. I'll make sure to read more closely next time ;; apologies to you and Earthgirl!

Please, though, to those suggesting releases should be less regular - releases were settled at two per month for a reason, or at least I thought for the reason that it was generally agreeable and that the dragon requests list needs to be thinned down at a steady pace. This seems not to be the case however, considering a number of recent releases have come from private releases and already established DC spriters. I do not mean to offend established spriters who have recent releases, as their work is just as great as it's always been and I'm sure they don't intend to make things unfair, but this is doing nothing to alleviate the ridiculous backlog. I could go on about this at length, but I have to leave in a moment, and the impression I've gotten recently is TJ doesn't care about this topic, or other topics such as adressing the lineage view change. This is merely an impression however, and I would love to be proven incorrect, and that he does care about the userbases thoughts and feelings on such subjects. I'm just tired of putting blind faith in the assumption that he is aware of any of this.

I was trying to hold myself back from voicing my opinion for this reason, but it seems like I can't help myself. Sigh.

Edited by Whitekeaton

I love the new eggs and the hatchlings.

Yes, I am one with an older computer and not too fast connection so I am having trouble catching some eggs. Now, I do not begrudge those who can catch their fill and then some, because I am well aware many people in the forum and threads do gift and it is great that they do.

I traded bred eggs for my blue opals. Last month I again traded eggs, then catch my own because I had company visiting and couldn't spend hours hunting eggs.

Yes, people don't have to have the new eggs that very day they are released but when you have a slow computer/connection there is the fact you might rarely if ever see that egg again.

Since the copper dragons were released I have never seen another CB Copper egg while egg hunting. I also have never seen any more CB Gilded Bloodscale eggs. I have been hunting for over a month for a CB Blusang as I need one for a mate for a shimmerscale, haven't seen an egg in all the time I have hunted - others then ones offered for trade and usually people want something I can't offer for them.

So if others have these problems and never see the eggs, if they can't get them in the new release when they are plentiful, when or how are they to get them, without those who are willing to gift?

Mixing in other eggs means people have to wait and abandon, and while I have seen plenty of the multi coloured egg that can't make up it's mind. The opal eggs seem fewer and far harder to catch and being new eggs it might be good to tweak things to allow a better chance for all to catch.

Oooo that is why I could never find the greenies. Looking in Alpine. Got room for 2 more. Sooooooo will check out the forest division. cool.gif

Oh btw has the biomes pages and the ap pages have gone weird. White background with blue squares around eggs after one refreshes the pages with F5. Anybody else having the same problem???

Same for me. After one refresh everything goes weird blink.gif

Makes it even more difficult to catch the new releases.

It's the comments and sarcasm that make me feel attacked. I didn't mean to offend you; I'm sorry. I'm just trying to enjoy the release just like you and everyone else.  sad.gif

Lol, if you didn't make such fabulous sprites, we wouldn't be so fussed about not being to get them.

I'm sorry, you came on expecting to see everyone excited over an outstanding Release, going by all of the spectacular hatchies, you having your babies in the bunch - and so many of us are instead expressing our growing discouragement with a site we value and would like to see made fun again, by the repair of long-running and worsening problems a lot of us have simply toughed out for too long.

They are beautiful sprites and under different circumstances, we'd all have been raving over both yours and Mysfitts.

This has nothing to do with you, and I'm very sorry your feelings were hurt.

And I hope you do manage to enjoy the Release.

Edit: thanks again, Ayelldee, especially for being my brain this morning after the night before, and my apologies to both Earth Gurl & Earthgirl - hadn't seen credits and leapt to the wrong conclusion...

Re-edit: correction, I actually HAD seen credits mentioned way down-thread, but thought I must have been mistaken and got the names mixed or something.

Edited by Syphoneira

Psst, Syph, that's the wrong Earthgurl - EarthGIRL did the sprites for the Opals

She said that they whined, not that they were whiny. =P Difference.

Not really. A person who whines is by default a whiner. It's an inflammatory term that is used to belittle others and make light of their concerns and complaints which is no more sportsmanlike than those who rant about people being greedy and catching all the eggs.

Personally, I would rather not see either of those terms used, but at least the "greed" statement is an attack on a playstyle, as misguided as it is. Insisting that someone is whining is more of an attack on personality and also makes other people less likely to voice their opinions for fear of being unjustly attacked. Enough of that sort of oppression and we will never see improvements in the game because TJ will just naturally assume that everything is rainbows and butterflies.

Tone is easily misconstrued through text. There is no real way to know if someone is whining or if they are simply stating what they see as a problem in the game function. I find it's better to assume the later since it eases the way for discussion and possible solutions to be discovered rather than shutting people down by making them feel that their opinion doesn't matter.

Edit: Congrats on your successful earthquaking, xdlugia. If I was you I would run out and buy a lottery ticket. wink.gif Brush some of that luck off over here.

Edited by Sir Barton

Huh? xd.png

Was my name mentioned? okay, lol. I get it now. ^^

We have an impostor. wink.gif /jk

Okay, guys, next time you address someone for their sprites, check if they have a badge under their name.

Edited by earthgirl

Huh? xd.png

Was my name mentioned? okay, lol. I get it now. ^^

We have an impostor. wink.gif /jk

Lol, so those are your beautiful sprites!

Sorry about the mix-up...

First off, I love the opals they are very pretty, waiting for the undecided to grow up though seems how they keep changing..which makes them fun.

As for the other discussion this seems like a hugs catch 22:

A: mass drops people collect quickly then start complaining about how bored they are.

B. smaller drops, now people complain about how they have to stick around longer

A1. People complain about the trade market and the value of bred eggs, i.e trading is no fun.

B1. people who have a harder time catching now can trade bred eggs for new eggs and people complain.

A2. people who complain are whiners, crybabies and haters.

B2. people who are happy are hoarders and or rear end kissers.

I think if you complain come up with a legitimate solution that can address both sides.

(btw I caught extras and had the audacity to gift to others and yet I would still do it again because I refuse to allow a few people ruin something I find enjoyable.)

Looks like I'm late to the party. I haven't gotten my scroll quota from the last two releases (not just the coppers) and only have one split from last time. I don't mind that I haven't gotten one of these yet, but I do wish there was a way to get the other biomes with no new release moving so I can get the dragons I did miss one or two months before.

Lol, Syleye, good points as long as you remember that these all apply to different groups, and that people are typically doubly happy about catching quickly, because the faster they catch 'em, the sooner they hatch 'em and can get more, or get on with breeding or whatever.

We've had some easy Drops with lots of Flooding, where lots of people caught quickly and chatted happily on the thread about what great Releases they were, there being many comments about these being the most enjoyable Releases they could remember, with very few people commenting about being bored - and these are generally fast catchers, not people working against the odds and hoping to snag something.

And I actually don't recall (with the caveat that my memory sucks) any complaints at the time, just what an amiable, relaxed thread went with each of the two easiest I can think of, which occurred back to back and gave me hope that that this was a trend.

Edit: hi, Wookieinmashoo!

The Drops are pretty much back to Blocker norms, but I would like to mention that I'd missed the last Release and this time managed to catch several of the eggs from that.

But if it weren't for an angel gifting me two of the Opals, I'd have none of those.

Edited by Syphoneira

Yeah I know biggrin.gif , I would just rather people help come up with a working solution than bash each other sad.gif , just makes more sense to me. Ah well guess I will content myself to poking TJ's babies into growing up faster biggrin.gif

Well I do not mean to be a whiner but I do wish on the new releases it would be New Releases for 24hrs

*Sigh* I have not caught nor seen an opal one since late yesterday so I guess I have given up getting a cb pair for breeding of each color.

Yes I do like a breeding pair as I do breed for others on lists so they may have eggs

Yeah I know biggrin.gif , I would just rather people help come up with a working solution than bash each other sad.gif , just makes more sense to me. Ah well guess I will content myself to poking TJ's babies into growing up faster biggrin.gif

Lol, wasn't criticizing, as I hope you realize, just sometimes people tend to think of think of this as an 'en masse' issue and talk about how people are impossible to satisfy, which is, of course, naturally true of any large, mixed group, since individuals all have different outlooks, and I really just wanted to emphasize that point.

I must say 'I like your attitude', lol, and appreciate your efforts.

There's no point at all in people bashing each other - not only does no good but moves the possibility of fixes backward...

Poke TJ's babies HARD, please?

We're all dying to see adults - they ought to be gorgeous!

Honestly I think all we need is 24 hours of just new release eggs. Within a couple hours already common eggs are mixing in, so if you miss the first few hours your chances of grabbing an egg greatly decline.

If we had just 24 hours of new release eggs, then everyone with fast Internet can lock themselves with eggs in a matter of minutes and those with slower Internet have the rest of the day to get their eggs without having to deal with blockers.

Dang, missed it initial release. Still trying to get the last releases dragons, too. @w@

These look awesome, can't wait to get one.