TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Love this explanation as to what's happening to all those Coppers. xd.png I really need that giggle. Thanks.

That has to be best explanation ever! I have not seen any of the coppers since their release and I owe someone 24 of them. dry.gif

It can hatch 30 minutes before 12:00 DC time. smile.gif I usually Viewbomb my eggs/hatchlings at 4d 1h (Sometimes in rare occasions 4d 2h).

Oh, really? That's really useful to know! Thank you for the tip~ happy.gif

I wonder if these will have a BSA? or at least one of them the last one is a wierd one.I like this monthly release tho it is fun!

Doubtful. I don't think that the BSAs would go to a different breed... because they are already special and can't breed to normal dragons.

There is one girl who posted on the thread that she earth-quaked hers and they hatched biggrin.gif She got lucky though, I would never risk killing my new releases just to speed it up a bit...

Wow, I don't even use the Earthquake BSA. Yes, it has a great benifit, but at the same time it breaks my heart when I lose one egg from sickness or a bad vampire bite, but to lose all six eggs at once? *shudders* Cannot do it. >_<

Welp, looks like I won't be lucky enough to get some green opals. I guess I'll keep an eye on threads and the biomes later, and get back to breeding for projects now. :3

I'm happy with my blue opals and undecideds, though! I can't wait to see the adult sprites; and I really don't think I can wait another day. I hate waiting. /impatient tongue.gif

It can hatch 30 minutes before 12:00 DC time. smile.gif I usually Viewbomb my eggs/hatchlings at 4d 1h (Sometimes in rare occasions 4d 2h).

No egg can hatch before 4 days unless it is forced by earthquake or kill.

Still stuck with my one egg Dx

This isn't fun. I just hope that these opals become common as pebbles or something over time.

Still stuck with my one egg Dx

This isn't fun. I just hope that these opals become common as pebbles or something over time.

Not with people grabbing them like this, I'm afraid. >: Plus they do look very nice from what I can tell, so that alone ( AND being one of very few two-headeds! ) will make their demand somewhat great.

mine are fully cracked now, so I'm counting the time down now~

love the hatchies! i hope the undecided ones stay a bold color. thought the gilded bloodscales would have and was disappointed they weren't more red when they grew up.

That has to be best explanation ever! I have not seen any of the coppers since their release and I owe someone 24 of them. dry.gif

You owe someone 24 Caveborn Coppers? That's insane. blink.gif I've only seen one since the release, and I traded that for a 3rd Gen Gold Shimmerscale.

No egg can hatch before 4 days unless it is forced by earthquake or kill.

I beg to differ. I've actually done it quite a lot. -.-; I've even had a couple eggs hatch at 83 (and a bit higher and lower as well) UVs which I can provide a Screenshot of. Which is actually here.

Lemme quote wikia "Usually, your egg starts cracking at around 130-400 unique views, and continues to crack with more views."

For an egg to hatch at 4d 1h just wait somewhat 30 minutes and max the overall views and UVs. Like I said, it does work for 4d 2h as well, but very rarely. =p

I beg to differ. I've actually done it quite a lot. -.-; I've even had a couple eggs hatch at 83 (and a bit higher and lower as well) UVs which I can provide a Screenshot of. Which is actually here.

Lemme quote wikia "Usually, your egg starts cracking at around 130-400 unique views, and continues to crack with more views."

For an egg to hatch at 4d 1h just wait somewhat 30 minutes and max the overall views and UVs. Like I said, it does work for 4d 2h as well, but very rarely. =p

That must be a glitch in the system... I don't know about this... I don't think it's Unique views that hatch it.

I want to see someone hatch an egg at 4 1/2 days if they can get enough unique views... This would prove it.

I have avoided looking at the sprites in order to be surprised so I am really excited for my imminent hatchlings. My Opals will hatch in about 15 minutes, an undecided in about 30 minutes.

Eeeee!

I need to try for the green opals when my current eggs hatch. Hopefully they will be only uncommon-like-trios and not uncommon-like-coppers. Which do drop of course...on Venus where it is exceedingly hot and they vaporize before anyone sees them.

Oh so that's what happened to all the coppers and bluesangs too - never seen one egg since the release yet xd.png

If you are talking about an egg from the AP with 4 days 1 hr, that only means the egg is somewhere between 4d 1h and 4 d even. So, it is possible that it dropped to 4 days within 30 min, sure. But it will not hatch until it says 4 days. That is how the cave is set. View bombing/number of views/whatever can not make it hatch before then.

Blusangs are totally doable. I've been able to get a few CBs by just nabbing 6 eggs in a row (few weeks/months ago). And I saw one yesterday, but was scroll-locked. D:

I'm kinda hoping the Opales' adults don't look as good as the hatchies. Otherwise, I'd like to hoard them, maybe.

Lol, would be funny - and nice - if TJ'd gone back to letting eggs hatch earlier and almost none of us noticed!

Weren't they hatching between 3 1/2 - 4 days for a little while, way back when?

Edit: thanks, kiyoura, nice to hear that Blusangs are still Dropping, guess you just need a 'puter fast enough to see them before they vanish, lol.

I'd assumed that they were on the endangered list.

Edited by Syphoneira

Ooh, nice new dragons to collect biggrin.gif

I've gotten two of the colour changing one but these opals are a real pain to get..

Oh so that's what happened to all the coppers and bluesangs too - never seen one egg since the release yet xd.png

Heh heh. Blusangs I've seen, I've actually had the great fortune to accumulate a number of them. wink.gif I wasn't there for the original release. They are such pretty creatures, though; it's a shame there are so few that drop in the Cave. I collect them for their sprites, not for their rarity. The colors are so vibrant.

I've noticed that with the Undecideds, the colors in the Hatchling stages are present on the egg itself. I wonder if the Adult stage will feature all four colors?

.. can I possibly ask WHY you owe them so many of them? o.O That sounds like a really bum deal, in my opinion, especially with how Coppers are being. D:

If you are talking about an egg from the AP with 4 days 1 hr, that only means the egg is somewhere between 4d 1h and 4 d even. So, it is possible that it dropped to 4 days within 30 min, sure. But it will not hatch until it says 4 days. That is how the cave is set. View bombing/number of views/whatever can not make it hatch before then.

I'm talking about all eggs in general. It works with CB and even the messiest of lineages. That hatchling in the screenshot was obviously CB.

And like I've addressed with the 4d 2h thing. It's hatched /for sure/ at 4d 1h. I'm a very impatient person so I don't just leave my laptop. Lol I constantly am a bit bored and refresh the egg/hatchling's page to check up on the views/Uniques/clicks as well as the time. smile.gif

This is my sequence.

Put eggs in Valley --> Silvi --> NDER ARs (preferably 8-12 slots)

You can try it yourself...... if you can stand putting the egg in the NDER every 1 min or so until it says "(code here) was added successfully". wink.gif (I feel kinda nerdy that I kind of remembered it word for word, haha)

I can't prove that it was 4d 1h because I have no way I could (maybe by recording, but I don't have anything to record it with). I can however prove that I've had eggs hatch way less than the usual 130-140 (and that's when it STARTS to crack) which I did. u_u I have no clue why you seem to have in your mindset "Can't hatch before 4d".

Is it bad that to free room for catching opals, I use the Bite BSA on one of my mis-clicks, hoping it would turn and be repulsed... and it worked?

Is it bad that to free room for catching opals, I use the Bite BSA on one of my mis-clicks, hoping it would turn and be repulsed... and it worked?

I call that genius, darling. |D *failure*

Two of mine have hatched at 00:04, ff. I just replaced them with two more. xd.pngDon't gripe; they're for gifting, people.

I've heard of many people doing that. (I'm too nervous to try it though, because my Vamps love killing instead and that takes up an egg slot for 24 hours. tongue.gif ) Congrats on your success and good luck hunting!

I'm talking about all eggs in general. It works with CB and even the messiest of lineages. That hatchling in the screenshot was obviously CB.

And like I've addressed with the 4d 2h thing. It's hatched /for sure/ at 4d 1h. I'm a very impatient person so I don't just leave my laptop. Lol I constantly am a bit bored and refresh the egg/hatchling's page to check up on the views/Uniques/clicks as well as the time. smile.gif

This is my sequence.

Put eggs in Valley --> Silvi --> NDER ARs (preferably 8-12 slots)

You can try it yourself...... if you can stand putting the egg in the NDER every 1 min or so until it says "(code here) was added successfully". wink.gif (I feel kinda nerdy that I kind of remembered it word for word, haha)

I can't prove that it was 4d 1h because I have no way I could (maybe by recording, but I don't have anything to record it with). I can however prove that I've had eggs hatch way less than the usual 130-140 (and that's when it STARTS to crack) which I did. u_u I have no clue why you seem to have in your mindset "Can't hatch before 4d".

Because it's a rule of the cave that if an egg has enough views it will hatch at 4 days and not before. It used to take longer. Eggs hatched at a random time between 3 and 4 days left then TJ changed it so they would hatch at 4 days. They aren't supposed to be able to hatch before then.