TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

First off, I love the opals they are very pretty, waiting for the undecided to grow up though seems how they keep changing..which makes them fun.

As for the other discussion this seems like a hugs catch 22:

A: mass drops people collect quickly then start complaining about how bored they are.

B. smaller drops, now people complain about how they have to stick around longer

A1. People complain about the trade market and the value of bred eggs, i.e trading is no fun.

B1. people who have a harder time catching now can trade bred eggs for new eggs and people complain.

A2. people who complain are whiners, crybabies and haters.

B2. people who are happy are hoarders and or rear end kissers.

I think if you complain come up with a legitimate solution that can address both sides.

(btw I caught extras and had the audacity to gift to others and yet I would still do it again because I refuse to allow a few people ruin something I find enjoyable.)

mass drop 24hour, I believe people will not start complaining about how bored they are.

If you need other eggs THAT urgent, breed, trade or go to AP.

I should have gotten some Reds so my eggs could hatch faster. All three of my new releases are still eggs. I still wish the best of luck to all that have only one or none. If I get anymore I will surely gift them to people who have nothing smile.gif

Woot, I actually like the one that changes colour, I wonder if it will be a different colour when adult. <3

I still didn't catch any opalescent ones though, they look gorgeous!

@manypets4me:

That is why I have 30 Pinks and 40 Reds... Learned my lesson a while back, lol

It allows me to gender and influence without having to wait for cool downs...

That way, I now have three breeding pairs of this release and one extra female.

Edited by Husky51

Wonderful new Sprites.

haha I'm a bit slow i know but i love the way that the red eggs sprite has changed colour when it gendered. lol so much for placeholding a name- you got me there haha that made me laugh. laugh.gif

Has anybody any theories on their names yet?

the opals sort alphabetically above the albinos with the splits

and the red/colour changing eggs sort between the dorsals and the electrics

(i haven't seen if this has been discussed earlier - sorry if that's old news)

Eta are the opals lindwurms?

Edited by velvet_paw

The real question is why does anybody with slow internet want to catch dragons on release day? Wait a few days, damn, you're just gonna be saving yourself a lot of frustration. =P

I real that this answer comes some time after Zovesta's post, but I have to respond to this question. While my computer is faster now than the one I used for so much of my scroll-building, there is a simple answer to this - the eggs are easiest to catch in the solitary drops at the beginning, even with a slow computer.

Once the other eggs have mixed in and there is only one of the new breed dropping every so often, those with slow computers don't stand a chance. It may take weeks, months, or even years to catch the first day eggs we missed.

I still only have a single, gifted, CB Blusang. I'll never miss a first day release again.

By the way, the S2 hatchlings are glorious! I will definitely need more of all these babies! wub.gif

Wonderful new Sprites.

haha I'm a bit slow i know but i love the way that the red eggs sprite has changed colour when it gendered. lol so much for placeholding a name- you got me there haha that made me laugh. laugh.gif

Has anybody any theories on their names yet?

the opals sort alphabetically above the albinos with the splits

and the red/colour changing eggs sort between the dorsals and the electrics

(i haven't seen if this has been discussed earlier - sorry if that's old news)

Maybe a Dual-tone Dragon?

No idea for the Opals unless they are a bit Bipolar. xd.png

Edited by Sir Barton

I agree with you guys, catching eggs has turned into a competition and is simply not fun anymore. I logged on late, (today instead of yesterday) and once again have logged on one day after the release. Now I basically have no chance of getting both eggs unless I'm gifted some...

I remember in the past I could catch more eggs the next day...

I know the feeling well.

you click on one and you get another type because it hadn't loaded correctly and get locked... or you see the three same commons stuck there because the 100+ people on that page don't want them either...

My babies will be hatching soon~ Quite excited about that! n_n

Real good luck sent out to those of you who are hunting for your first batch still. <33 It's not impossible, still! It's only a day after-release. happy.gif

Mmkay, now I have one egg slot open, so let's see if I can fumble among the commons and find a green opal in the biome. Not expecting much, but I'll do my best.

*game face on* cool.gif

I find releases extremely fun and exciting, even if they're frustrating.

EDIT: ARRGH I was only looking for the opalescent descrip, so I didn't realize there was a Paper there until too late! Oh well. tongue.gif

EDIT AGAIN: And carp, I misclicked a Magi because I'm stupid. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Dimar

Real good luck sent out to those of you who are hunting for your first batch still. <33 It's not impossible, still! It's only a day after-release. happy.gif

Have you tried to get one yet???

It may only be the day after, but they are not dropping like a new release, they are dropping like a rare uncommon( for lack of a better name) and stuck behind the same old,same old,same old cave blockers. My only sighting today resulted in a missclicked "Undecided" which I can at least gift rather than having to drop rolleyes.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

I know I've seen those two colored hatchlings before but I can't remember where... oh well. They'll grow up soon enough. I LOVE the opalescent ones! I wish they weren't so hard to catch.

Is it just me or do the undecided ones need more views before cracking? Seems like they might be harder to hatch. I'd better plan accordingly.

Finally got almost a pair of each. Picked up 3 Undecideds the other day so I only had room for 1 blue Opal, but I'd rather not take my chances on dropping it. unsure.gif They look so cute as hatchlings, I can't wait to see what they look like as adults!

Hopefully they all like each other so I can give away the babies. Might just pair off the odd Opal with the extra Undecided, that way I'll at least get one of the new breed as the offspring.

It may only be the day after, but they are not dropping like a new release, they are  dropping like a rare uncommon( for lack of a better name) and stuck behind the same old,same old,same old cave blockers. My only sighting today resulted in a missclicked "Undecided" which I can at least gift rather than having to drop  rolleyes.gif

yup, the same eggs are there for 5min + beceause every one wants the new ones, so the commons that people don't normally want are even less desired.

edit to say - 10 min after hourly drop and it seesm those two limestone have not moved at all. i didn't even see an opal at all to miss this hour...

Edited by Melisande

-removed, please take trading to the appropriate thread in the trading section- Edited by rubyshoes

Maybe a Dual-tone Dragon?

No idea for the Opals unless they are a bit Bipolar. xd.png

duality ?/ always in two minds about everything? like the indecisive colour? I like that.

the opal seems to be a lindwurm but thats all i can think of

(...but Marri didn't make Coppers, it was Fiona BlueFire and Nakase D: )

CBs so far:

3x colorful

2x purple opal

2x green opal

Since it meets my basic scroll goals (not including hatchlings that I'll breed and freeze myself later) - I'm done hunting for now. Good luck to those who are still trying to get 'em.

Good for you. I'm guessing you're in the same time zone as TJ and the cave (or close to it).

I just had a thought: what if the "undecideds" change color to match their mates? Kinda like a cross between lumina and stripes.

It may only be the day after, but they are not dropping like a new release, they are dropping like a rare uncommon( for lack of a better name) and stuck behind the same old,same old,same old cave blockers. My only sighting today resulted in a missclicked "Undecided" which I can at least gift rather than having to drop rolleyes.gif

I sure did. :3 I got one, and then JUST gifted it away, to be precise. The person just accepted the link, which you will see that I am no longer locked as I was. ( which I am still doing for those who are struggling, btw. )

In addition, I will also be catching again as soon as all mine hatch, so. ^-^; I don't know why it's not that difficult as you make it sound for me. o.o I'm not overly quick or anything, I don't think.

I sure did. :3 I got one, and then JUST gifted it away, to be precise. The person just accepted the link, which you will see that I am no longer locked as I was. ( which I am still doing for those who are struggling, btw. )

In addition, I will also be catching again as soon as all mine hatch, so. ^-^; I don't know why it's not that difficult as you make it sound for me. o.o I'm not overly quick or anything, I don't think.

some people are having a really, really hard time being able to get them. The ones I have I got by being online at 4am after the release (because I couldn't sleep) and havign hte advantage of 90% of people thinking opals were only in the alpine so they weren't checking the other areas as much. I have still yet to get a blue one... I didn't even see an opal show up in the alpine this last drop.

I think part of the issue is all the people who are like but they are easy to catch while others are struggling is making them more upset than not actually getting the egg... but cause they feel like they are being put down because they haven't been able to get one.

Edited by Melisande

some people are having a really, really hard time being able to get them.  The ones I have I got by being online at 4am after the release (because I couldn't sleep) and havign hte advantage of 90% of people thinking opals were only in the alpine so they weren't checking the other areas as much.  I have still yet to get a blue one... I didn't even see an opal show up in the alpine this last drop.

Fff, really? I find that the Opals in the Jungle are harder to get, but maybe that's just me. o.o; I do need one of those but I'm not in a rush. I'm sorry that it is such trouble, though. ;__;

I enjoyed the release and this is the second one I've been apart of. The first being the 7th anniversary which I found to be rather easy to get the eggs. Sadly, I only got two of the species because I didn't log on the other five days. But that just means I get to enjoy the hunt for the others. ^^

(changed my original post because it was for the wrong section. Simply put: I goofed. ^^; )

Edited by Syiren

Fff, really? I find that the Opals in the Jungle are harder to get, but maybe that's just me. o.o; I do need one of those but I'm not in a rush. I'm sorry that it is such trouble, though. ;__;

when they first came out it was said they were in the alpine and people didn't know they were in the jungle as well. Like I said it was like 2-3 hours after they were released. By morning people knew to look in both zones.