TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

Heh heh. Blusangs I've seen, I've actually had the great fortune to accumulate a number of them. wink.gif I wasn't there for the original release. They are such pretty creatures, though; it's a shame there are so few that drop in the Cave. I collect them for their sprites, not for their rarity. The colors are so vibrant.

I've noticed that with the Undecideds, the colors in the Hatchling stages are present on the egg itself. I wonder if the Adult stage will feature all four colors?

The blusangs remind me of those Egran(sp?) dragon-like creatures from the movie "AVATAR" I actually named my male one after the word that translates into "Rider of Last Shadow"

The blusangs remind me of those Egran(sp?) dragon-like creatures from the movie "AVATAR" I actually named my male one after the word that translates into "Rider of Last Shadow"

Blusangs remind me of sea salt and ice. Like for cooking pasta. biggrin.gif

The Opals kind of remind me of Mutant Hissis, though.

And my first hatchie I dub Hiram McDaniels, after the dynamic five-headed dragon that shall one day be the mayor of a great 'burg.

Three hatchlings so far~

And congratulations to the person who plucked that CB Silver in the Forest!

That has to be best explanation ever! I have not seen any of the coppers since their release and I owe someone 24 of them. dry.gif

You...owe...someone...TWENTY-FOUR...CB...coppers?! ninja.gifohmy.gifhuh.gifblink.gif

How did you do that?!?!

My new blue Opal hatchlings are adorable. I especially like their tiny little claws, which would almost remind me of kittens if it weren't for their red eyes insisting, "Grr, I'm a fierce dragon!"

The "undecided" hatchling looks really cool, and I love the light/dark colors and yellow accents. I can't wait to see how they grow up.

A big thanks to Earthgirl and Mysfytt for their time/effort/talent making dragons for us all to enjoy. And of course TJ as well.

Edited by Tecca

The third egg I caught, an indecisive, was my first to hatch. The first two, both opalescents, seem to want to take their time.

The third egg I caught, an indecisive, was my first to hatch. The first two, both opalescents, seem to want to take their time.

Really? It was quite the opposite for a lot of people! Including me! xd.png

I have five hatchlings now, but.. I realize that the ratio of Opals to Undecideds on my scroll is huge. D:

The third egg I caught, an indecisive, was my first to hatch.  The first two, both opalescents, seem to want to take their time.

HAH they're gonna be uncommon or rare then(like prize dragons and metals always seem to take their time to hatch)

A big thanks to Earthgirl and Mysfytt for their time/effort/talent making dragons for us all to enjoy. And of course TJ as well.
I didn't know yet who the spriters were.. I'm sorry to say that i am a little disappointed with TJ for again, not introducing new spriters to the cave. It seems like he always goes for the same spriters :/

I am NOT saying that i'm not thankful for these beautiful sprites however, it just seems like we need some new people to get credit for their beautiful sprites too

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

One blue one green and 3 undecided... Doubt if I'll ever get any more opals

Yeaaah...they are wonderful, wonderful spriters and they have made some of my favourite dragons, but it does seem odd because it feels like at least one of them has had a dragon in each of the releases in the past year.

Not their fault, I'm sure. I dunno, I'm probably gonna browse the completed list again...

Yeaaah...they are wonderful, wonderful spriters and they have made some of my favourite dragons, but it does seem odd because it feels like at least one of them has had a dragon in each of the releases in the past year.

Not their fault, I'm sure. I dunno, I'm probably gonna browse the completed list again...

Yes, at least someone else agrees with me. It kind of makes me lose hope(i'm a new spriter, still learning and such) for when the dragons i am working on go to the completed list, that they may not get entered for a long time.

I went ahead and checked out the completed list as well.

The problem is that most spriters don't really match the style of the DC. The spriters that keep getting dragons in DC match the style. I wish that more people would learn the style and not go crazy with the way things are sprited, but i like that some people do because it brings variety. Sadly, the variety never gets put in because they are so drastically different then the other sprites and it would look oddly.

I think that the new 'confused' hatchies look similar in style to the splits, and they were only released because the Splits are differently shaded then the other new Two headeds...

The reason i like the confused ones so much is that the shading seems like a slightly upgraded form of shading as the splits.

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

Yes, at least someone else agrees with me. It kind of makes me lose hope(i'm a new spriter, still learning and such) for when the dragons i am working on go to the completed list, that they may not get entered for a long time.

Well, spriters get noticed/become official somehow, you know. They practice their butts off ( Like any artist, of course. ) and get involved in tons of dragon concepts, and then when one of theirs are actually released, naturally they kind of become a "go to" spriter if they have many more requests just waiting as completed. I really like the work of both these spriters and I think they've just done a wonderful job. I'm sure they didn't even think they'd get so many of their designs actually released. o.o

Remember that there are a great many requests completed, waiting to be released. Some of them being around for longer than a good amount of members who are here now. The reason the whole "First Sunday" release began was because there were so many, even, and we were barely getting any of them. ( and also remember that many of them are removed from the completed list ahead of time so that no one can simply find them and go "Whoa! Here's the new release we have!" )

I don't do any spriting, personally. I'm a sketcher/digital painter, but the feeling is the same when your work is featured. I know I would feel kind of meh about negativity being positioned at my accomplishments.

But don't lose hope! Just keep helping on many requests! n_n

Reflex clicked a Summer. Usually I'm all like - what the heck did you do that for, finger? blink.gif

But anyone who was around for the "Spring That Wasn't" probably understands the desire to throw oneself onto a Seasonal, even when that's completely contrary to what you should be doing. xd.png

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Undecided dragon S2 hatching sprited look like they ran out of space on the top to sprite?

Well currently: i'm only spriting for one (the Mocking Wyvern) and i have a few others that are taking a bit of time to get to spriting stage, and i'm trying hard to match the style of the cave, i already know i've been getting better...

I am extremely grateful for the dragons we have in cave from these artists AND all of the others, my point is the fact that yes, it is alright for them to have quite a few dragons in the cave(in which i don't know how many. I just know that i have seen those names a lot when new releases come out as of the year i've been here) But maybe a few new artists need to be introduced smile.gif

more 2 headed dragons

xd.png

go TJ

and good work ppl for creating such beautiful dragons

love the opal's color a lot

One more green opal egg to finish my quota and then I'm done.

ETA: Can we possibly have more rare dragons in the jungle/forest? The two biomes simply won't move.

Edited by ylangylang

Reflex clicked a Summer. Usually I'm all like - what the heck did you do that for, finger? blink.gif

But anyone who was around for the "Spring That Wasn't" probably understands the desire to throw oneself onto a Seasonal, even when that's completely contrary to what you should be doing. xd.png

Lmao! You too, eh? xd.png I cannot believe we misclicked the same thing, bahaa. It was just a reflex click out of nowhere - and I don't have a single Summer Seasonal on my scroll! So.. why, finger. Why. I might just keep mine, though. o.o Maybe it's a sign from the cave.

I don't recall that, though. :3

i have not seen a summer in a while

and a copper

but with the new release, they are appearing everywhere

looking forward to the adults

The problem is that most spriters don't really match the style of the DC. The spriters that keep getting dragons in DC match the style. I wish that more people would learn the style and not go crazy with the way things are sprited, but i like that some people do because it brings variety. Sadly, the variety never gets put in because they are so drastically different then the other sprites and it would look oddly.

This pretty much explains a lot of how I feel about DC!! I recently joined another site that was vastly similar to Dragcave (and even with some familiar artists), and was wondering why I liked DC's sprites more, but you quite explained it to me.

I'm envious of all of you who have hatchlings already. I wanna go and grab at least one more undecided to have a pair. owo