TJ09

2013-08-04 - Two-Headed Madness

If a seperate complaints thread is to be established, then one thing that should be made clear is whether it is a means of communicating directly with TJ. Because over the last few months it doesn't seem to me that discussion anywhere on the forums is really being listened to by him, as the sole person who can actually make changes to the site. There's no point in people making complaints and suggestions if the one person who needs to hear them isn't there interacting with the userbase.

Seconded.

I never complain about not getting alot.png rares. That's how DC is supposed to work, those with more patience and faster connections get more rares. I don't have the patience, so I have few rares. And I don't really care much about this. I just don't think this state of the cave is normal.

Besides, it's not like the cave blocker problem is here only last week.

If only TJ would come up and say "Yes, players are SUPPOSED to sit there staring at 3 eggs that NEVER move for an hour, that's how Dragon Cave works". I would immediately change my sig to a font size 10000 "TJ IS STUPID" and stop collecting rares altogether and focus myself completely on the naming and describing part.

when they first came out it was said they were in the alpine and people didn't know they were in the jungle as well.  Like I said it was like 2-3 hours after they were released.  By morning people knew to look in both zones.

Ah lmao, I see. I had moved to the Jungle because there were so few people there at the start! Then I had noticed the Opals were a different color. o.o It does kind of make it more difficult now that just about everyone knows they are in both, though I suppose that's for the best. It should at least be fair. I don't think I'll be getting another green for some time, mainly because the Jungle does not have much "additional incentive" to hunt there other THAN them, so it will be slow as usual.

I don't think I'll be getting another green for some time, mainly because the Jungle does not have much "additional incentive" to hunt there other THAN them, so it will be slow as usual.

I think this is the point I was trying to make

oh and greens are also in the Forest which is where I got my one in the wee hours of the morning- yesterday.

all I want is one more for a pair, then I am done as I only collect sprites of dragons I don't plan on lineages with

Edited by dragonpuck

Ah lmao, I see. I had moved to the Jungle because there were so few people there at the start! Then I had noticed the Opals were a different color. o.o It does kind of make it more difficult now that just about everyone knows they are in both, though I suppose that's for the best. It should at least be fair. I don't think I'll be getting another green for some time, mainly because the Jungle does not have much "additional incentive" to hunt there other THAN them, so it will be slow as usual.

actually, I was able to pick up a couple, one is hidden right now, because I got it not too long ago and was adding my dragons to a bunch of fansites.

I got one last night, and found that the Forest was moving better than usual.

I haven't seen anything metal or trio in days, but yesterday I saw at least 7-8 leetle trees in the Forest! I even clicked on one just for fun, to get the message that I am at the limit, LOL. And that was in less than 2 hours, I bet a lot of people who really wanted them are happy now smile.gif

That's more leetle trees than I've seen since January, all added up!

I don't have 3 pair, but hopefully...

EDIT: duhhhh...it didn't penetrate you were saying "Jungle", because I'd read they were mostly in Forest, and just occasionally in Jungle, and had Forest on the brain. If what's going on now are normal drops, they aren't that rare in Forest, even if I'm not fast enough to catch as many as I want.

Edited by daba555

actually, I was able to pick up a couple, one is hidden right now, because I got it not too long ago and was adding my dragons to a bunch of fansites.

I got one last night, and found that the Forest was moving better than usual.

I haven't seen anything metal or trio in days, but yesterday I saw at least 7-8 leetle trees in the Forest!  I even clicked on one just for fun, to get the message that I am at the limit, LOL.  And that was in less than 2 hours, I bet a lot of people who really wanted them are happy now smile.gif

That's more leetle trees than I've seen since January, all added up!

I don't have 3 pair, but hopefully...

EDIT:  duhhhh...it didn't penetrate you were saying "Jungle", because I'd read they were mostly in Forest, and just occasionally in Jungle, and had Forest on the brain.  If what's going on now are normal drops, they aren't that rare in Forest, even if I'm not fast enough to catch as many as I want.

Aww, nice! ^-^ I'll just have to follow your example and snatch up a green one. So pretty, fff.

Good tip! Thanks for it. ^-^ <33

My younger brother saw a Metal in the Alpine ( the one everyone was raving about yesterday here ) but I wasn't around, hnng. D: *sad*

Whoa, really? That's insane, LMAO. That's more leetles than I've seen all year! It IS the forest though. ;3

Ah yes, I hadn't ever parked myself in the Forest biome for this release since the Jungle had the least amount of people. I just decided to go there, but it's good to know that the Forest works well, too. n_n

Ah yes, I hadn't ever parked myself in the Forest biome for this release since the Jungle had the least amount of people. I just decided to go there, but it's good to know that the Forest works well, too. n_n

I tried the Jungle, when Forest wasn't moving, but it was slower than slow. the problem with wanting to hunt where there are fewer people is that there are fewer people rolleyes.gif so the eggs don't move as much.

good luck!

I only just realized that TJ's confused babies gendered! I love that they go from a Yin/Yang coloring to matching the eggs. *Hugs her eggs and begs them to hatch already*

I haven't seen anything metal or trio in days, but yesterday I saw at least 7-8 leetle trees in the Forest! I even clicked on one just for fun, to get the message that I am at the limit, LOL. And that was in less than 2 hours, I bet a lot of people who really wanted them are happy now smile.gif

THIS! laugh.gif I still can't believe I finally haz a leetle tree. I need to look at it sometimes, just to prove it's still there.

I also have two of each opal now, plus two indecisive eggs, and that's after trading away two more indecisives for some wonderful hatchlings. Thank you TJ and spriters for this release. It was fun!

poptartFINALTINY.gif

I still don't have the second lavender, but picked up my third indecisive egg, and a misclicked Neb that will hit the AP later today. Since I only had space for five of the eggs on the first night, I'll be hoping to catch a full house tonight when the first group hatches. I'm loving the look of these hatchlings, and can't wait to see TJ's grow up!

Because there's a chance that after release day passes they will never get to see another CB one. It's happened in the recent past, so it's not unreasonable.

Recent past? Many of this years releases are less common that the cave blockers and you're lucky to see one a day once the release is over. Heck I haven't seen more than one Copper in a biome since the actual day they released. But fine, I'm happy to compete.

I just wish TJ would upgrade the server to get rid of the lag. Catching anything at the top of the hour is worse than lottery luck for many, and it took a serious downturn in November 2012. We didn't suddently get a few thousand extra users. Numbers logged in are not significantly higher than before Nov, 2012. BUT lag at the top of the hour has been awful ever since and is independant of ping times. Thats the key, critical, vital point here.

My ping times are better than they were last year due to an upgrade in my local phone exchange. Also my ping times remain constant whem DC lags like blazes. With ALL other sites, ping times escalate badly when they lag. Why? Because when a server is overloaded, responses to pings get slowed down as much as all other messages to the server.

That is what says its a DC server problem, which remains ignored and denied over half a year since it occurred.

Rant for the day over. I have 2 self bred eggs hatching today. I'll try once at the top of the hour when they hatch, take alternative action if its situation normal and thats DC for the day for me.

I like DC, I jjust can't be bothered putting up with it that much anymore

I'm sorry people are having troubles collecting the new eggs. (And are grumpy about it.) I always looked on it as the thrill of the chase, and I am VERY thankful new egg drops are on a set schedule now. That makes it much easier for me to plan ahead ie. not being egglocked. I attended the 4 p.m. egg drop just now, and saw in the Alpine 4 opal eggs. (Which I did not get, but I was being lackadaisical.) Much better odds than some other drops I've been to. (CB Coppers, I'm looking at you!) Little sidenote, I got my first dragon on Nov. 4, 2008, I got my first Gold on June 15, 2013. You will never hear me complain. The thrill of the chase!

It's ridgewings, part two. Expect blue opals to be worth as much as purple ridgebacks or blue ridgewings very quickly.

What is it about alpine having the annoying caveborn alts that always turn into caveblockers? Serioulsly. This is their THIRD now.

Edited by injenn

I finally have my pair of undecided, my pair of blue Opals... and just one green.

I've had two (already influenced), but I've decided to gift one of them smile.gif

I'll try to catch one more for me if they become more common!

Happy hunting to everyone who's still searching for them biggrin.gif

Dang! Just saw a silver fly by in the Alpine. Grats to who got THAT!

Edited by Ashrahn

Having a fast computer and internet connection aren't really helping me in catching green opals. I haven't gotten a single one yet.

I've seen a ton of CB metals today, though. Golds and silvers both. Didn't get those either.

Are the Green Opals more rare than the Blue?

I don't think so. The eggs in Alpine are just going much faster than those in the Forest.

Woo! Just caught a blue opal in the alpine biggrin.gif

I don't think so. The eggs in Alpine are just going much faster than those in the Forest.

*nods* That's why they seem easier to get. Sigh. I'm trying to swap a blue for a green. :S

It's ridgewings, part two. Expect blue opals to be worth as much as purple ridgebacks or blue ridgewings very quickly.

What is it about alpine having the annoying caveborn alts that always turn into caveblockers? Serioulsly. This is their THIRD now.

Since they are biome specific, I don't think they will be like the ridgewings. Also earthgirl says that they are uncommon in line with things like the trios so I doubt that they will become blockers. Anything is possible, but I think these guys are safe from blocker status for a good while at least.

Yeah more two headed dragons!!! biggrin.gif Thanks TJ

GAH! i missed this release along with the last one x-X i cant seem to get eggs from either D:

I can't wait for my eggs to hatch! smile.gif Just a few hours left.