RainDear

Have you seen a Copper egg in the cave?

My apologies, raindear, I didn't mean to pull the thread away from the intended topic. As MedievalMystic said, when no one seemed to be seeing them at all, it seemed natural to start asking why.

Perhaps a poll would be the most helpful here? i.e. "Have you seen any Coppers dropping in the biomes (not AP) after the first day they were released? Yes/no"

ETA: Or perhaps more helpful would be possible answers along the lines of, "No", "Yes, 5 or fewer", "Yes, 5-10 of them", "Yes, 10 or more".

Edited by Imbecamiel

I've seen all of the breeds many times except for the coppers.

Personally, I'm not nearly as upset as some people are about it - even if I couldn't find any of the new release breeds.

This is pretty creepy now, because I was juuust talking to one of my best friends about this late last night - over the top events being put together, but there still being people ranting about it despite all the work the staff put into it. I'm not saying it's not okay to be super upset about a breed(s) being elusive, but it's DC. Golds are elusive, Silvers are elusive, Trihorns who are supposedly only "uncommon" are elusive.. it's just the name of the game unfortunately. >: It's gotta keep you hooked somehow, I suppose. D:

Blaming it on people who have time to just sit around doesn't solve the problem nor is it the issue.

It's probably for a good reason, but I just can't see myself complaining about an event that was only there to mark lovely DC's birthday when it could have been a typical day. We were bothering TJ for more releases, and now we got our medicine. XD

I'm currently on break from college and I can tell you that being on for hours in a day? That's not helping me find coppers. ;__; they're just not there. I guess they don't have to be rare to be super hard to find. Like the Blusangs, argh. XD You know it's bad when you can get a CB Gold with an "uncommon" dragon.

I've been hunting everything except the Volcanic breeds, and I've not seen a Copper yet. It's quite strange, because usually you'd see a few before they set in, but. o.o

I do think this thread could be very beneficial if only to find out how many people have or have not seen Coppers - it would be good to gauge just how slippery these little guys are. I might have seen one the day after the release ended, but I thought it was a Bloodscale and thought nothing more of it, lmao! *epic fail*

Since i've been seeing all the breeds except this one, I think it's just the Coppers being rarer than we think, but.. somehow not rare? I've noticed that there are different stages of being uncommon/rare, anyway. I wonder if that's a real thing implemented in releases/breeds.

My wife gifted me all her Coppers so I could have complete pairs, with the promise that I'd get her new ones after the end of the release, but I haven't even seen one, let alone made a catch attempt. I really wanted this to be different to other recent releases (especially with a dragon you already have to catch more of to get all the colours dry.gif)... it's been a long time since I've managed to nab more than one or two CBs of new releases, always only during the initial drop, and most of the time they were gifts anyway.

I think I'm going to be selfish and invest my energies in getting more Seragammas until Coppers crop up again.

Edited by Nervenklinik

I have seen a few - when I wasn't seeing them at all, I decided it was because of my slow connection, and that they were being grabbed before I could see them.

I remember a couple of times, a couple of years ago, reading answers to complaints about the 5-minute drops on new releases being so sparse that said that there were a couple of hundred eggs dropped, although I only saw maybe 6.

But I have seen a few - and have only seen a few more of the other releases than that.

Someone in the AP thread said they saw "50 kittehs" and someone else said they were common, and it wasn't surprising. I've seen ONE.

So, I really think they are just being snatched faster than my eye can see them smile.gif

Also, you can't go by those counters, because one time I popped into a biome, and the counter said zero, but after I refreshed once, there was a silver egg, and I couldn't get it - it got grabbed. So there may be more people than we know of in those biomes!

I haven't seen any either. I know people have started breeding them and are getting successful breedings, maybe that's throwing off the ratios so we aren't seeing any drop. I know Fiona BlueFire has said they aren't supposed to be rare but I get the feeling their rarity has been set higher than it was meant to be. Either that or TJ decided he wanted them to be rare since they are metallic.

I haven't seen any either. I know people have started breeding them and are getting successful breedings, maybe that's throwing off the ratios so we aren't seeing any drop. I know Fiona BlueFire has said they aren't supposed to be rare but I get the feeling their rarity has been set higher than it was meant to be. Either that or TJ decided he wanted them to be rare since they are metallic.

Honestly, it's probably enough that there are three variations of them and they're scattered over all biomes, really. If all three variations count as the same species, then you have thrice the demand on the species than you normally would, coupled with them being more sparsely sewn.

(For example, if there are six of a species scheduled to drop due to the ratios, then a single-biome species will appear much more common than a six-biome species, already solely by merit that you're more likely to see one in a given biome.

Biome switching to get an overview doesn't help much to reduce this effect, since there is more time that you're out of a biome than you're in it; especially with new releases, that means you're not going to see how many of them actually drop, because the chance they'll drop in and be snatched up while you're not looking is pretty high.)

I'd only begin to genuinely worry about their rarity setting if they're still spine-breakingly difficult to get in a month from now. (But then, that's me; your mileage may definitely vary. Keep in mind I'm not trying to hunt for these, so it's easy for me to be relaxed about it.)

smile.gif

Honestly, it's probably enough that there are three variations of them and they're scattered over all biomes, really. If all three variations count as the same species, then you have thrice the demand on the species than you normally would, coupled with them being more sparsely sewn.

That's a good point too... if they are uncommon and dropping in all biomes then they are pretty rare in each one. I was worried because I've seen so many of all the other new releases (well, I wouldn't say "many" of the Bloodscales, but I have seen some) but you are right, since they are only in one biome each, they are going to seem more plentiful.

I'm hoping once everyone gets more unlocked (if you're like me, you're very careful about your ONE remaining slot...) things will start to move. The AP is already looking quite a bit better than a day ago.

I haven't seen them since the release. I am glad that I could catch and trade to complete my breeding pairs of the three kinds.

I know nada about the ratios, but the coppers are supposed to be uncommon. Considering that they dropped quite massively during the release day... shouldn't we expect the drought now to even out the ratios?

Spent an hour in the Jungle biome, staring at eggs hidden by leaves. Intersperced with one or two eggs with strange markings and eggs with yellow stripes.

Not a single new one. Not a single copper.

I do think a rotation would be a good idea. It would prevent occurrances of egg-blocking by ultra-commons. A good mix of old and new would be nice.

Seeing nothing but the same eggs for an hour really does get frustrating after a while...

Should I spot a copper in the future, I'll let you know. smile.gif

When I started this thread, I had three possibilities in mind:

1. They just aren't dropping for some reason.

2. They are dropping but those with slower connections, reflexes or whatever aren't seeing them.

3. They are dropping but are rare enough that most hunters aren't seeing them.

It could be that the number that dropped with the release put them ahead of ratios. That might indicate that they have a rarity like that of the Trios. In that case, we should start seeing them a bit more often in a few days to a week or two.

I am just glad to know that some hunters are seeing them. I'll keep looking for them, and hoping.

I'm hoping once everyone gets more unlocked (if you're like me, you're very careful about your ONE remaining slot...) things will start to move. The AP is already looking quite a bit better than a day ago.

I've already gone back to my normal catching habits after giving up on seeing them in the biomes and the AP population drying up. Commons in the jungle for me until I've caught my goal for all of them... and I'm hoping that in that time I'll see a green copper at least once so I can have a pair. Then on to the volcano, and so on.

Adding another vote in the "Haven't seen any in the Biomes since their release" category.

I have seen several in the AP though (and even got one wub.gif)

I haven't been hunting much in the biomes but I did see one in the volcano biome yesterday.

When I started this thread, I had three possibilities in mind:

1. They just aren't dropping for some reason.

2. They are dropping but those with slower connections, reflexes or whatever aren't seeing them.

3. They are dropping but are rare enough that most hunters aren't seeing them.

It could be that the number that dropped with the release put them ahead of ratios. That might indicate that they have a rarity like that of the Trios. In that case, we should start seeing them a bit more often in a few days to a week or two.

I am just glad to know that some hunters are seeing them. I'll keep looking for them, and hoping.

I've good reflexes and a better connection and my theory is that the Coppers are dropping in an "uncommon like a Blusang" fashion but, because the biomes crawl, there are very few showing up and only in the faster biomes.

I haven't seen any Coppers since the release, but I haven't been hunting the biomes much. From time to time I have seen the other dragons of the release, though.

I was lucky enough to snag two from the AP, saw about a dozen I guess. In the Biomes? Not a one, not even a smell.

Coppers are not dropping at the moment, period.

My theory: Because they should be quite common, TJ had to skew ratios to make place for the day 6+7 releases, and forgot to change it back. If there is truth to it, Hopefully, someone pokes him because of that and he fixes it.

Coppers are not dropping at the moment, period.

My theory: Because they should be quite common, TJ had to skew ratios to make place for the day 6+7 releases, and forgot to change it back. If there is truth to it, Hopefully, someone pokes him because of that and he fixes it.

Seeing as you have had wonderful luck in the caves, I'm sure that you have been there for quite a bit.

~

The volcano emptied within ~12 minutes at the top of the hour and while I was hopping around a bit, I haven't seen one Copper there, in the Alpine or Coast which were the fastest moving biomes.

I have been hunting for one Brown Copper in the Desert and Volcano. I have snagged Black Tea and Bloodscale and have seen the Day 7 eggs drop as well, but have not seen any Copper eggs fall.

Hopefully TJ fixes this soon. I could only get one Brown Copper during the release and it needs a mate. xd.png Like everyone else, I was egglocked, and from what Fiona has said these supposedly shouldn't be rares.

Been checking every single hour I can, nothing.

Interesting, hopefully this figures itself out.

Because they should be quite common

Not common, exactly. Not rare.

Not common, exactly. Not rare.

Do you have any answer as to why we cannot find any of them? I assume them to be.. dino level rare/uncommon?

i haven't seen any and I've been on the cave all day trying to find some more I've seen the speckle brown egg (day 7) the most, Also I haven't seen any day 2 eggs in the biome either though I caught one from the AP?

I've only seen one in the AP. Missed it too.

I'm hoping the situation changes. I wanted a pairing of each colour and I've already had one refusal that I need to get a spare for. If my browns refuse too I will be ticked.

I'm going to guess these will be like blusangs. Technically, they are classed as common, but CBs will be worth metals.

Edited by aangs-sister