RainDear

Have you seen a Copper egg in the cave?

OK, I have seen several members posting that they haven't seen Coppers in the cave, yet, though they are seeing all the other new eggs there. This might just be vagaries of timing, so I thought we might share observations.

I have been hunting the cave May 29, 30 and 31 and I have seen Black Capped, Gilded Bloodscale, Black Tea, Black Tip and Seragamma eggs in the cave, but no Coppers. Yesterday I traded for 3 Copper eggs and each one had less than 4 days 3 hours left on the timer, with no view stats, which leads me to suspect that they were caught in the AP. I saw a large number of Copper eggs in the AP along with a number of Silvers, Golds, Shimmers and Tinsels, none of which I was able to catch.

If over those days you have seen a Copper egg in the cave, please tell us about it: Which Biome? What time? Were you able to catch it?

Same, but I have not seen a single copper in the ap OR bimoes since they were released, and I check fairly frequently.

I usually stalk the biomes between 6AM and 10AM Dragcave time and I didn't see a single one so far. Not sure if that should be credited to my slow connection and others are picking them up faster than I can refresh or not, though.

I've seen an orange one in the AP yesterday, but that was it.

I haven't seen on in the caves yet either and I usually hang around the Jungle/Forest biomes.

I'm in process of asking about the rarity (not a MLP joke) of these. I'll get back with the thread when I find out.

I'm just going to go on record now and say these are not classed as rares. They were never intended to be rare, despite what some think they remember seeing. They were intended to be fairly common (not cave blocker common) and I checked with TJ to make sure I was allowed to say that THEY ARE NOT RARE! Cuz they're not. A bit uncommon, maybe.

I can't control how hard they become to catch due to popularity, but they are not gold/silver rare.

Fiona BlueFire stated this.

I have not seen a single one either, and I've been looking! I finally caught another Bloodscale today (yay!) and that was the other one I was struggling with. I've seen all the rest of the new eggs fairly regularly.

I also saw some coppers going through the AP yesterday but was not fast enough to catch any of them.

Since the release ended, I've seen one or two in the volcano, and that's it. >:/

The breed really doesn't matter. ALL of them are proving hard to get, at least for me they are. And it's pathetic. An entire site full of people, all going for the measly one or two eggs of whatever breed that pop up every hour, and half the time you don't even see them. Maybe people that have hour after hour after hour, all day, every day, to devote to staring endlessly at one spot on their screens, see and get these eggs, but I'm not one of them. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of time. Nor do I have the patience. Frankly, this 'after release' sucks more than any other release we've had, imo. I'm very frustrated with it, and frankly, in a little funk about it. dry.gif The few minutes I have here and there throughout the day to get on here obviously isn't going to cut it.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I've not see any either. And I'm desperate for another brown one!

I've seen two or three in the AP, but not a single one in any biome since the original release day. I've been checking pretty frequently since I've had the week off.

I've seen a handful of the other new release dragons, with the exception of bloodscales. The day 7 egg is the one I've seen the most, followed by black tea eggs.

Only place I've seen them was the AP since the mass release (and missed). Then again, I keep missing the top of the hour drops, generally, though I was able to catch another black tip and the day 7 egg (I can't for the life of me remember how to spell their names) on the few times I did catch it. Coppers though...nope.

I really need another set as well, as my first set decided they wanted to be all female.

I haven't seen any at all in the biomes either. All of the new release ones are incredibly scarce (not just "grabbed quickly and hard to catch", but rarely even showing up), but the Coppers seem to be appearing even less than others.

I haven't seen ONE in the caves (or AP for that matter..)

I caught one one the release date..and haven't been able to get the reddish one since... grr

I find it ironic that the main thing people were concerned about with a big release was that we'd have a repeat of the "mod madness" release, where the new breeds flooded the cave for so long afterward that no one was able to find any of the older commons.

Naturally, the problem we actually have is just the opposite. XP

I find it ironic that the main thing people were concerned about with a big release was that we'd have a repeat of the "mod madness" release, where the new breeds flooded the cave for so long afterward that no one was able to find any of the older commons.

I wish we would have had a repeat! I wouldn't be one of those complaining about it.

Frankly, if I never see an 'older common' again(I can dream), if they all simply disappeared, I wouldn't cry about it. I've been staring at them for over 3 years now, and right now, this minute, I absolutely detest them.

Edit: Another event like this? Forget it. Trying to stock up on one hard to find, elusive dragon is a royal censorkip.gif*. Trying to stock up on 7 of them that are all proving to be elusive? No. As fun as the event was, the 'after event' isn't fun at all.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I really don't want more species to retire - I HATE that. But I think we seriously seriously need a reduction in ratios for some of the really common breeds. I don't know how the programs or ratios work, exactly, but there HAS to be a way to put things in better balance without disrupting the rare ratio. Just saying that people need to pick up huge quantities of dragons they already have a lot of is not proving a workable solution.

Maybe people that have hour after hour after hour, all day, every day, to devote to staring endlessly at one spot on their screens, see and get these eggs, but I'm not one of them. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of time. Nor do I have the patience.

This.

As much as I like the biomes - I still remember the time when there only was the main cave and while I didn't have any more chances at catching rares back then, at least things were moving along. I wish there was some sort of scrambling system in the biomes that would display new eggs every 15 minutes - it wouldn't affect the ratios, but still give a chance to see what's behind that wall of cave blockers.

But, I think that with every new release everything will become rarer and harder to catch. If all dragon breeds have a 100% chance to drop (combined ratios) and the number of breeds is steadily increasing, the chance for an individual breed to drop will diminish.

Maybe this is why we see so little of the new breeds around?

We need people that REALLY love commons to just go and egg lock themselves with commons.... we all know they are hiding in there somewhere!

No coppers yet, but fortunately I'm not desperate for them. I'd probably cry myself to sleep if it was a sprite I loved very much. laugh.gif;; This way I don't mind if it takes me a while. Pretty sure it will take me roughly forever, too... especially with the laid back attitude, that's sometimes quite a hindrance.

Ah well. smile.gif

Good luck to everyone else!

I wish there was some sort of scrambling system in the biomes that would display new eggs every 15 minutes

15 minutes? How about 15 seconds? There is no reason in the world why an egg, any egg, should sit in the front longer than that, and blocking everything else. If someone hasn't snagged it in 10-15 seconds, it's not going to get snagged. Period. I don't care how long it sits.

I mentioned an idea I had a year or more ago...egg rotation. An egg sits for 5-15 seconds, it rotates and another pops up, rinse, repeat. ALL the eggs would have a chance to rotate through the cycle. Some eggs might rotate several times, but hell, at least the biomes would be moving, which is more than what it's doing right now. Right now, all the biomes are dead in the water. I like the biomes, too, but at least with the old cave, it moved. Now, it sits. Isn't that a blast? dry.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

Just taking a glance at Silvi's Lair I couldn't spot a single CB Copper egg, while there were plenty of the other new releases. And I haven't been hunting actively enough to make a significant contribution to cave sightings, but from what I have done I haven't seen a single Copper.

But, I think that with every new release everything will become rarer and harder to catch. If all dragon breeds have a 100% chance to drop (combined ratios) and the number of breeds is steadily increasing, the chance for an individual breed to drop will diminish.

Maybe this is why we see so little of the new breeds around?

That's the problem, though. Unless they're actually supposed to be rare, logically new breeds should be at least somewhat more common and easy to find than old ones, because there are comparatively so few of them in existence and numbers need to catch up. It shouldn't go immediately back to the oldest ones being so common that nothing newer shows. It just... doesn't make sense.

Of course people are going to want a lot of the newer breeds to begin with - there's got to be some way to keep them from being relegated to insta-rare status after the first day or two of their release.

It'd probably help some with the crazy-new-release rush, too, if people knew they actually had a better chance of catching it later on. Now it's getting to the point where everyone knows that if they don't get it immediately, they may have to wait weeks, or months, or trade at ridiculously high rates, even to get things that aren't supposed to be really uncommon.

Edited by Imbecamiel

I have seen two blusangs in the cave and no coppers. But I generally hunt when the hour changes. As far as biomes not changing, lots of people bred metals and trios to coax people out of release eggs. So between that and people being spread out, is it really that surprising biomes are sluggish? Ive also noticed the ap dropped to 4d eggs then shot up to 4d9+ plus eggs several times. In the release threads, several people without gold trophies mentioned taking advantage of that to bump themselves up a trophy level. And of course there are people breeding thier new adults.

I've hunted like hell in the past few hours, keep refreshing in every biome (one hour in Coast, one hour in Alpine...) not a single Copper egg was seen...

I managed to catch several more Coppers from the AP, but haven't hunted the biomes at all recently to say whether or not they're showing up there...