RainDear

Have you seen a Copper egg in the cave?

... maybe the CBs in the AP and the CBs which have grown up in it (and have gone to the Wilderness) count towards the ratios?

Dragons in the wilderness don't count towards the ratios, unless TJ has changed something.

I see the whole DC is hunting for CB Coppers now...really hope that the ratio would get fixed or even out. *sign*

:< aaww I guess I hogged too many coppers... (has 5 CBs...)

guess my army will be slow going hehe

Makes me wish I had had room to get some of them when they were in the ap xd.png

But instead I will go with swaps for lineage purposes. And if they prove too rare, I'll just keep puttering along on my other lineages.

Was actively looking earlier and didn't see a single one. This just reinforces my conviction to ALWAYS nab new eggs the day they are released. They may be permanent....but that doesn't mean I'll ever be able to get them.

I missed the release that had the Blusangs, and my CB's were traded for. I've never caught a single one on my own dry.gif

nope but ive seen tons in the AP

no blue ones yet though. just orange and brown. im assuming blue is the rarest right now

For the first time EVER, tonight I had the opportunity to click on (and miss, of course, lol) TWO CB Golds within minutes - and I have yet to see one single, solitary Copper in the Cave since their initial Release ended...

I wish TJ would tell us if this is intended to torture us, or if these were, as stated, not supposed to be rare and why they aren't appearing in the Cave...

Is this - heaven forfend - intended to drive trade prices up even higher, and further displace the dragons as desirable in themselves, but rather as objects of varying worth?

Makes me wish I had had room to get some of them when they were in the ap xd.png

But instead I will go with swaps for lineage purposes. And if they prove too rare, I'll just keep puttering along on my other lineages.

I do not know what to do except to move on other dragons and hope that TJ fixes the ratios. These are so pretty and I would love to have more for lineage/breeding.

Why release 7 new beautiful dragons and have one that is not supposed to be rare -- yet I just tried to trade a Cheese egg for one and failed? rolleyes.gif

And I do not think they are breeding so well. With random breeds they are. But with each other; the same color? Mine aren't.

My one pair of PB Greens refused each other. I don't have a pair of Brown, and I am not going to try my pair of Orange with each other as long as I only have one pair.

no blue ones yet though. just orange and brown. im assuming blue is the rarest right now

Well, these were probably bred. Coppers have no problem with breeding. And they do breed like non-rares. It's the CBs that seem non-existent.

Well, these were probably bred. Coppers have no problem with breeding. And they do breed like non-rares. It's the CBs that seem non-existent.

These can have problems breeding, because of the circumstances here.

Any breed has potential problems breeding if players have only one pair on their scroll.

If we have one pair of a color such as Green, or Orange, and attempt to breed them to get a PB egg, the chances of refusal are higher than if we had several pair on our scroll, or so it seems.

I normally would not have attempted a breeding with my single Green pair, as generally I do better waiting until I have built up my numbers a bit to protect against refusals. Sure, they could still happen, but they seem even more likely with only one pair.

I could have bred them with another color, but with the numbers so low, a PB egg would have been nice.

Well yeah, I could breed the rest of mine, but have had no takers on the 2gen PB Green one I DID breed - so those on the AP are other bred ones and not NEARLY as desirable as CB .

YES I'd like TJ to tell us SOMEthing about why this is happening - but he'll probably say he's not responsible for it...

Edited by oddsoxdi

If we have one pair of a color such as Green, or Orange, and attempt to breed them to get a PB egg, the chances of refusal are higher than if we had several pair on our scroll, or so it seems.

I highly doubt this. Or is there an official source?

Because the official message has always been that (except for breeds like Turpentines, where there is a deliberate altering in the refusal probabilities) Refusals are pure luck and do not depend on the breed, let alone the number of dragons of a breed on one's scroll!

I haven't seen a copper drop since the day they were released.

I highly doubt this. Or is there an official source?

Because the official message has always been that (except for breeds like Turpentines, where there is a deliberate altering in the refusal probabilities) Refusals are pure luck and do not depend on the breed, let alone the number of dragons of a breed on one's scroll!

There is no officiall information saying so. That some people belive it is probably based on the fact that one remembers a refusal more clearly if there is no other available partner. So over time it is belived there are more refusals if there are fewer of that breed available, just because these cases are remembered more clearly.

On topic: I have not seen any copers in the cave too.

I've caught two different Dinos in the cave trying to find a Copper. I was fortunate enough to get one of every color at least during the initial release, so I'll probably just breed more, but yeesh.

For the first time EVER, tonight I had the opportunity to click on (and miss, of course, lol) TWO CB Golds within minutes - and I have yet to see one single, solitary Copper in the Cave since their initial Release ended...

Even better for me: I did catch two CB Golds (and missed a few others) but I have yet to see a single CB Copper since the initial release.

You can check my scroll and you will see a CB Gold hatchling (caught on Saturday) and a CB Gold egg (caught a few minutes ago). But no recent Coppers. sad.gif

In my search for Cupric richness, I managed to nab a Blusang which I just traded for a CB BROWN COPPER!! It (the Copper) was caught yesterday, so they're slowly beginning to drop I guess!

I can now join the, "I've caught a CB Metal but haven't seen a copper" club.

Anyone else find it goofy that we can't post copper trades to the metallic or rare threads, yet so many people are requesting them huh.gif

I just PM'd Ruby asking about the Metallic thread but Fiona has already SAID the Coppers (despite their no-show in the Biomes) are NOT Rares.

The two days that I've been off have not seen a CB Copper. I'm just keep trying for at least one more of the red (though it looks orange to me) copper. I'll keep trying. But hearing someone caught one does give me hope.

What gets posted to the Metallic trade thread and the Rare trade thread is up to the people who run them. The Rare trade has some things they accept as rare that technically aren't classed as rares. Whether they add copper is up to them. Same goes on the Metallic trade thread.

Fiona - are coppers classed in with the Metallics or are they a seperate species?

re-rares - eggs listed in that thread are depended more on ability to catch and drop rate rather than Cave classification.

Yes. I remember when nocturnes and stones were listed. Granted, the fact that nocturnes got so out of whack they were listed and now might be the most common ap egg... But whatever they are meant to be, they are rare right now. And copper is a metal. smile.gif

/kicks ratios