RainDear

Have you seen a Copper egg in the cave?

I've seen salts, black caps (and missed both) but no coppers yet. I haven't been hunting a lot, though... breeding, mostly. But you're right, there's something wrong when I can find a lot of the older breeds far, far easier than the new ones.

I also lay a lot of the blame on the change in the AP. Why should anyone hunt in the biomes for 7-day eggs when they can pick up incuhatchable eggs that are just lying around? I really wish we'd go back to being forced to clean that out, that way there would be more motivation to hunt in the biomes and not just leisurely pick at the AP.

Yup, I've seen a decent amount of the other new releases, although I don't see them nearly as much as I should be, seeing as they are new dragons. But I haven't seen a single Copper.

I adore the Coppers and plan on collecting lots of them, as they will make for wonderful lineages, but it would seem, despite what has been said, they are pretty rare right now. I've managed to trade for a couple of them without any problems luckily, but if this keeps up the way it is, I don't think anyone is going to have any more CB's to trade. =\

Edit:: Just to add, I've even seen a CB Gold, but no Coppers. Something is definitely wrong, and will hopefully be fixed soon.

Edited by tikigurl91

And here I thought I was just unlucky. I haven't seen a single Copper in the cave since release day, either. sad.gif And I didn't catch any that day, so I'm still without. Hoping this is just a temporary hiatus for dropping, and not that it's so rare we'll never see another CB... sad.gif

I haven't seen a single copper yet since their first release day. That said, I have seen a lot of the black teas, I see them fairly often and they aren't always taken immediately. I am disappointed that some of these are proving rather hard to obtain, I have been trying and trying to get another blacktip, but the coast is so sluggish that if one doesn't appear in the first drop it isn't likely to appear in a reasonable timespan.

I had honestly hoped that having TWO new coast exclusives would make it move quicker, but nope, the usual culprits still sit, and sit, and sit, while it appears all new coast exclusives are fairly uncommon.

Edited by Nectaris

I haven't seen any but i assume they were just being snatched up too fast because of their trade value at the moment. Hopefully when the hype dies down i'll see a few more since most of mine ended up female xd.png

Now it's getting to the point where everyone knows that if they don't get it immediately, they may have to wait weeks, or months, or trade at ridiculously high rates, even to get things that aren't supposed to be really uncommon.

Yes. You just described me to a T.

I love new releases, and very much look forward to them, but at the same time I also feel a sense of dread, and yes, a little desperation, too, because in my mind, if I don't get those eggs right away, asap during the very start of the release, it's going to be almost impossible to get them later. Commons mix into a release mere hours after it starts,(which I also find ridiculous) then once it's over I already know that all I have to look forward to is sitting in the biomes, staring at the same egg for what feels like forever, and feeling my blood pressure get higher every minute I'm sitting there, wasting time, while nothing moves. Or if it does move, it's usually another common. dry.gif

Forget this 'One Egg at the top of the hour' crap. (Not during a new release, but after it's over) The eggs need to cycle during the whole hour as far as I'm concerned. It just makes more sense to me. Waiting around for the top of the hour to roll around, in the hopes of getting that one egg that everyone else wants, is no more fun than staring at the damn screen endlessly.

TJ is God here. You would think he could easily fix this issue, and I haven't figured out why he hasn't yet, because it does need fixing. God knows enough people talk and complain about it, and have for a long time now.

The name of the game is 'Catch And Get' not 'Sit and Stare'.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I still don't understand why he changed the AP to not block the Cave anymore. I seriously think that's half the problem, right there.

TJ is God here. You would think he could easily fix this issue, and I haven't figured out why he hasn't yet, because it does need fixing. God knows enough people talk and complain about it, and have for a long time now.

The name of the game is 'Catch And Get' not 'Sit and Stare'.

The last part was a little funny...sit and stare..

But I'm sure TJ will try to fix this IF there is a problem within the following weeks. DO remember...that there are a TON of people looking for these eggs, and a TON of people who have fast internet...

Though i'm pretty peeved that i can't get ONE orange copper...even with METALS, it's probably going to be a few weeks before he believes it presents a true issue...because of the high demand for these eggs.

Desert hasn't been terribly sluggish, but what dragons I want from there are usually grabbed fairly quickly, so I'm not sure what the other biomes are like (don't really hunt at all, but am now forced to to get CBs)

Haven't seen a single copper yet either and I've been visiting at the top of the hour. Seen everything else though O.o

I still don't understand why he changed the AP to not block the Cave anymore. I seriously think that's half the problem, right there.

I don't think it's a problem, really. I've loved it, myself, and it's made me much more willing to pick up super-commons, when I know that they'll have less time on them.

Having the AP block just resulted in a different kind of backlog of uber-commons.

The problem is that there are some breeds - mostly ones that have been around for quite some time - that people just don't want very many of any more. But the cave keeps saying that we have to take them, whether we want them or not. There needs to be some way to adjust for reduced demand for older breeds. (Not all older breeds, just ones that aren't in such demand.) Telling people to change their behavior in this regard and take a ton of what they don't want is not working. It's just resulting in people getting bored and frustrated and more likely to leave the game or stick to breeding and trading.

My hub was lucky enough to nab two Coppers from the AP, he said he saw several others also but that was yesterday and day before. I've seen NONE in the Biomes and I've been kinda haunting them today. I (along with the world, I guess) would sure like at least one more Brown. But I also need another BloodScale - which I haven't seen in the Biome - and another Tiemarr. I WAS lucky in nabbing a Seragamma today though. They seem to be dropping more reugularly than any of the others.

I'd sure like to see them dropping like Mod Madness again, myself. I'm SOOOO beyond sick of staring at three 'Hidden by Leaves' or three stones or any other uberCommon Cave Blocker. Sheeee!

I haven't seen any Coppers or blood-twin heads in the cave, but I really don't think that's an issue. For some reason there are less available than what might make sense to us, but it really isn't an issue that TJ should be demanded to fix, unless he deems it so on his own.

At least the site hasn't crashed and we had a full 24 hours at getting at every single one of the released dragons.

I don't think it's a problem, really. I've loved it, myself, and it's made me much more willing to pick up super-commons, when I know that they'll have less time on them.

This. It honestly has kept me interested in the game, whereas not long before the change I was swiftly loosing so much interest that even new releases didn't help. The change has resparked my interest in the game. I think my current frustration comes down to the number released, since with the RC release I had enough chances to get my fill of them while they were dropping heavily.

I have managed to catch three coppers in the AP, and have missed many more, but I haven't even SEEN a copper in the biomes.

Edited by Nectaris

that there are a TON of people looking for these eggs, and a TON of people who have fast internet...

I have fast internet, and a fast computer. It didn't matter. The lag here was killing it. That's bad enough, and makes it hard to catch eggs. But even the lag isn't the real issue for me, personally. My issue is that the new eggs seem to have become invisible, all but a fleeting one or two here and there that decide to show themselves and give us a little thrill. The rest are MIA.

Though i'm pretty peeved that i can't get ONE orange copper...even with METALS, it's probably going to be a few weeks before he believes it presents a true issue...because of the high demand for these eggs.

Well, maybe TJ just needs to wake up and get a move on then. The guy isn't stupid. Unless he just hasn't been paying any attention at all to his own site and the people in it, he already knows there's an issue. This issue isn't new. I noticed this mess going on with 'after releases' a long time ago, at least several releases ago. When it's common knowledge that new release eggs vanish after the release is over and the word going around is that everyone better grab their eggs while the gettin's good, because you damn sure won't get any later, TJ would have to be blind and deaf not to know what's up and how people feel about it. I've heard people saying that they're still missing eggs from past releases, that they just don't see them anymore. It's crazy.

Maybe TJ doesn't think there is a problem. All I can say is I invite TJ to come and sit on MY side of the computer for awhile. This issue that we all know is there would be resolved in no time flat if he had to stare at the same screen I do. lol

Edited by MedievalMystic

Having the AP block just resulted in a different kind of backlog of uber-commons.

The problem is that there are some breeds - mostly ones that have been around for quite some time - that people just don't want very many of any more. But the cave keeps saying that we have to take them, whether we want them or not. There needs to be some way to adjust for reduced demand for older breeds. (Not all older breeds, just ones that aren't in such demand.) Telling people to change their behavior in this regard and take a ton of what they don't want is not working. It's just resulting in people getting bored and frustrated and more likely to leave the game or stick to breeding and trading.

This is very true.

I rarely cave hunt, and have done exactly that, stuck to breeding and trading, because of this. I don't want more commons. I have over 2,500 dragons, so I have plenty of them. The only time I was really interested in cave hunting was when metals were dropping like crazy and it was actually fun to hunt. The cave was moving and I wasn't staring at the same commons forever.

I definitely agree that the older commons should be adjusted. I know they are supposed to be just that, common, but this is kind of ridiculous. They are taking over the new dragons (and not just this birthday release) and something needs to be done.

I didn't really start this thread to indicate that there is any problem with the Biomes, or to tell TJ anything needs to be fixed.

I only thought we might share our experiences in the biomes with Coppers. With the present lag and different response times of various computers, systems, etc. it is possible that 15 people aren't seeing Coppers while others with differing lags etc. are seeing them.

If from our reports there does seem to be a problem, that will be something to address, but first we need to know: what we are seeing, what the rarity is and whether we are seeing what can be considered "normal" for Copper eggs and their degree of rarity.

Please don't use this thread to express your dissatisfaction with other aspects of cave drops.

I didn't really start this thread to indicate that there is any problem with the Biomes, or to tell TJ anything needs to be fixed.

I only thought we might share our experiences in the biomes with Coppers.

This is about Coppers. Notice people saying how they haven't seen any? That ties in with the overall cave problem. You can't really talk about the Coppers, and not naturally talk about the fact that there aren't any to be had...and why that may be.

Yes, people are dissatisfied. They're dissatisfied that they can't find Coppers. They can't find Coppers because the cave is screwed up 7 ways to Sunday. How can you discuss one and not mention the other?

Time for a nap. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

There was one, few minutes ago in the Volcano. I was on the phone so didn't attempt to catch it smile.gif

This is about coppers. Notice people saying how they haven't seen any? That ties in with the overall cave problem. You can't really talk about the coppers, and not naturally talk about the fact that there aren't any to be had...and why that may be.

Yes, people are dissatisfied. They're dissatisfied that they can't find Coppers. They can't find coppers because the cave is screwed up 7 ways to Sunday. How can you discuss one and not mention the other?

Time for a nap.

You cannot speak for all as I, for one, am not dissatisfied over not finding Coppers in the biomes. I missed 3 release days because I had no access to a computer and was extremely lucky to find some in the AP. Even if I didn't, I wouldn't be terrible bothered, though. It's not the only thing in the world of DC to think about.

This is about Coppers. Notice people saying how they haven't seen any? That ties in with the overall cave problem. You can't really talk about the Coppers, and not naturally talk about the fact that there aren't any to be had...and why that may be.

Yes, people are dissatisfied. They're dissatisfied that they can't find Coppers. They can't find Coppers because the cave is screwed up 7 ways to Sunday. How can you discuss one and not mention the other?

Time for a nap. smile.gif

Desert hasn't been terribly sluggish, but what dragons I want from there are usually grabbed fairly quickly, so I'm not sure what the other biomes are like (don't really hunt at all, but am now forced to to get CBs)

These posts and others like them are the ones I was referring to.

I really was hoping we could compare experiences seeing Coppers and at what frequency.

I'm not terribly upset, but would like to see an increase, since they don't seem to be anywhere at all.

Although I haven't been cave-hunting too terribly much since the end of the birthday event, I haven't seen any at all since they first dropped.

Hopefully it's just the demand (same thing w/ the other releases too) and in a few months it'll die down and they won't be so hard to get.

You cannot speak for all as I, for one, am not dissatisfied over not finding Coppers in the biomes. I missed 3 release days because I had no access to a computer and was extremely lucky to find some in the AP. Even if I didn't, I wouldn't be terrible bothered, though. It's not the only thing in the world of DC to think about.

I didn't say I was speaking for everyone. I was talking about the people that have mentioned having an issue. If you don't have an issue, then I wasn't talking about you. smile.gif

That being said, the issue seems to be a lack of new release dragons, Copper dragons included. Many people have mentioned not seeing them, or seeing them only infrequently, making them seem to be very rare. Like I said, I've seen two so far since the event concluded. On a positive note, my two pairs did breed, and I was thrilled to see it. I was a little worried one or both pairs would refuse.

Hopefully it's just the demand (same thing w/ the other releases too) and in a few months it'll die down and they won't be so hard to get.

I'm hoping for this myself.

Now I'm off for a nap. Good luck hunting everyone!

Edited by MedievalMystic

I'm mainly hunting for Blacktips and Teimars because I', planning a lineage with them whereas the Coppers I would only like for colecctons sake (need a male brown one to have a complete set). But I have been switching throughthe biomes when nothing was moving in the coast and never saw a copper.