Svataben

Unreasonable Demands

I want all the neotropicals on my scroll to have an additional paragraph added next to their breed description:

Bananas are a distinct population of neotropical dragon found primarily in the Madder Jungle, most notable for their maniacal obsession with the fruit after which they have been named. They all believe that a stolen banana is tastier than a non-stolen banana, which has evolved over time into an incredibly complex set of rules, rituals, and banana-stealing etiquette. On the other end of the spectrum, they feel gifted bananas are less tasty, and will often regift the unwanted fruit to their peers. While other neotropical populations have more diverse diets, bananas feed almost exclusively on bananas.

...How many bananas do I need to describe before I can get this to become a reality? 

17 minutes ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

I want all the neotropicals on my scroll to have an additional paragraph added next to their breed description:

...How many bananas do I need to describe before I can get this to become a reality? 

20,000. Individually, not in bunches. And Sunny gets the power of veto.

Would these be the wild bananas with the big seeds the dragons crave or the domesticated by humans bananas where the seeds are tiny black specks?

I demand my dragons breed correctly!

I swear, I'm never doing another lineage with Celestials again. They're beautiful, but way too much of a pain with their cooldown time. It's been 6 months and they either give no eggs, or 1 egg of the wrong species, and then I have to wait a whole month before even trying again.

Speaking of which, my Ridgewings and Nebulas are consistently failing to produce Carinas now, after 6 months of trying. I wish Fertility increased the chance of eggs, but I think it just decreases the chance of mates rejecting. Which is still good! But not the same as like... fertility drugs lol. I actually kind of wish the mates Rejecting would be removed entirely - does it really serve any purpose besides making life more difficult?

1 hour ago, Aniia said:

I demand my dragons breed correctly!

I swear, I'm never doing another lineage with Celestials again. They're beautiful, but way too much of a pain with their cooldown time.

Heartfelt agreement on these. I do not think I want to breed any more of the Xenowyrm or other breeds that come out with a random variation either; if I am breeding, I am generally hoping for offspring like the parent. The exceptions are for breeds that are hybrid-only, not available in cave.

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

4 hours ago, Aniia said:

Speaking of which, my Ridgewings and Nebulas are consistently failing to produce Carinas now, after 6 months of trying.

Do you need 2Gs? Because I can breed some for you, or at least try to. I have 3 CB pairs of Purple and Tan Ridgewings + 3 CB of each color of Nebula. :)

20 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Bananas are a distinct population of neotropical dragon found primarily in the Madder Jungle, most notable for their maniacal obsession with the fruit after which they have been named. They all believe that a stolen banana is tastier than a non-stolen banana, which has evolved over time into an incredibly complex set of rules, rituals, and banana-stealing etiquette. On the other end of the spectrum, they feel gifted bananas are less tasty, and will often regift the unwanted fruit to their peers. While other neotropical populations have more diverse diets, bananas feed almost exclusively on bananas

Instead of regifting them what they need to do is leave the bananas out in the open for others to steal making them tastier. Then they spy on whoever takes them so they can steal them back 

8 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

Instead of regifting them what they need to do is leave the bananas out in the open for others to steal making them tastier. Then they spy on whoever takes them so they can steal them back 

Not out in the open.

Just pretend to secure them and then tell everyone to *not* steal these especially tasty fruits.

Then watch how everyone rushes to steal them :D

I want a BSA on every dragon that has an alt for or colour (Black, Undine etc) that "recolours" it to the other colour than the current one.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

On 1/21/2021 at 7:39 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Would these be the wild bananas with the big seeds the dragons crave or the domesticated by humans bananas where the seeds are tiny black specks?

Neotropical bananas. The green ones with the yellow stripes on their necks, backs, and wings whose eggs appear regularly in the jungle biome and (quite frequently) the AP.

18 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Just pretend to secure them and then tell everyone to *not* steal these especially tasty fruits.

Then watch how everyone rushes to steal them :D

But... it would be rude to steal a gifted banana! Plus, regifting bananas to Banana 4UPar is a great excuse to go down to the Bananarang Golf Course and play a round of bananarang golf while you're there. See, you gotta look at the bigger (banana) picture here.

Another unreasonable demand I want to make is to have a way to connect my interrelated descriptions, so that it's easy to get from one dragon to all the other descriptions that the individual mentions, that mention the individual, and that while not directly mentioning one another have a mutual friend or share the environment. So if someone says, for example, "Reject: The description is enjoyable throughout, however the context within is lacking somewhat. The description leads astray from the dragon (BAeNe) and her qualities in the end." it's easy to direct them to the Madder Jungle or wherever the context they require is. Since I'm being unreasonable, I might as well demand this to be an automatic process which identifies these connections, tells names and nicknames and such apart form other dragons with virtually the same name, and can make cross-scroll reference links.

Unreasonable demand: Starting NOW, all new releases get released into brand-new biomes and these new biomes only drop the 2021-on breeds. (This is me being frustrated at just how *many* breeds drop in each biome and it's hard to find even fairly recent commons among so many breeds!)

(I'm loving the banana talk, hehe!)

I want the new "lure" eggs to appear in the masrket costing just 10 coins each, so at least I would be able to get a good number of them this way!

I want the magi trade and/or the aeon wyvern cooldown to be removed. I just want a blue lure without people being so stingy!

Get rid of name exclusivity, and let me catch some more Cantors Volcano!

Swap either coast or jungle biome to alpine or forest for the lure drops so that I can breed them with all colours male copper without needing the market. I still need so many market xenos because some drop in the wrong biome for my preferred copper colour match. Or because I want to breed multiple combinations.'
An even better idea, remove the "male copper offspring colours according to the mothers biome unless it's cave/market". *sigh*

When I offer on things I want to gift away afterwards, I want my offers to be immediately auto-accepted :D

Edited by Ruby Eyes

On 1/27/2021 at 4:23 PM, Iridescence444 said:

I want the magi trade and/or the aeon wyvern cooldown to be removed. I just want a blue lure without people being so stingy!

On this note: I want Aeons to produce an egg 100% of the times they're bred! 

I tried to breed a bunch of Aeons for the AP, to help people out with their blue lure acquisition, and got pretty much nothing all the way down the list.  :( 

If you've got a low-ish timed lure and want to bounce it over to my scroll for precog & hatch, I don't mind; I have plenty of Magis to bounce it back to you with.  I'm not collecting the new ones right now, as my internet is too slow: no way can I compete in the frenzy right now, so I'll start looking after Valentines, maybe.  Meanwhile, I have all these Aeons doing nothing to earn their keep since they won't give me eggs!

Edited by Aventurine

My unreasonable demand is: Only reasonable trading offers can be posted in the trading section of the site. 

It is incredibly frustrating to see something you want, have a probably reasonable offer, and the person posting the trade wants something completely unreasonable. To me, people posting their “want” as “2G SAlt!” are spam trades not actually intending to trade their posting. It strikes me as some kind of weird brag. Literally no one in the entire player base can fulfill that offer except the spriters themselves. I’m pretty sure there are more Thuwed pairs than there are people who can breed SAlts. The SAlt list seems remarkably short based on what the unofficial Wiki says on the topic and it seems to only be for Holiday dragons! So what is with these people posting listings for dragons that are supposed SAlts that are not actually SAlts?

Ok so let’s say you get lucky and a spriter gives you a 2G SAlt. You’re not going to trade something rare and precious like that for a single CB Gold. Also I get there’s a whole, “that person gave thing to you you can do whatever you want with it,” but morally I’d feel wrong about that. Or maybe spriters randomly breed and dump their SAlts to the AP, but again, it’s a very rare and precious thing that’s possibly more rare than a 2G Thuwed. 

I just want to be able to trade for a CB Staterae and actually get a vibe for what people want instead of impossible nonsense that only a very, very, very exclusive and select group of people can make. 

Edited by Charu
Typo

@Charu Actually I've seen a good number of trades *offering* 2g SAlts, they may be confined to holidays but that doesn't necessarily mean they are unrealistic wants. And yeah, they do show up in the AP sometimes. 

But on the topic of trades.... Unreasonable demand: Make it *impossible* for people to offer things that are literally the exact opposite of what you are looking for! I totally understand and support the freedom to offer things not expressly stated in the 'wants' because sometimes it totally works and if it's something similar in value that's great... But when I ask for a *messy* and get 3+ offers of nice neat stairsteps (or 2gs!) it's so frustrating!

Make Stataraes the new GoNs. Replace Stataraes in the Xeno hierarchy with an adorable squishy worm baby with no magical traits, which is always what I had assumed was the original primordial useless normal type that then gave rise to specialized awe inspiring behemoths down the line. IT'S THE EEVEE EFFECT

Disclaimer: I do love Stats they're awesome I'm just sad my years long assumption that the original Xeno was pathetic and smol was a lie all along :'c

i'm sure this has been said before - i want a hatchie incubator too, just like the Reds are for the eggs. *glares at 4d 11h hatchie to grow up already*

I want a time machine. I want to go back to 2010 and remind myself to take the laptop with me on my Valentine's vacation, so that I may snatch some Sweetlings that could subsequently be lost in the glitch and replaced by Gothlings. Also, flowers to appease my GF for playing DC instead of spending 100% of that day with her.

Would it be too much to ask to have someone to trade orange Cantormaris dragons with so we both can get the orange ones...?

5 minutes ago, Diame said:

Would it be too much to ask to have someone to trade orange Cantormaris dragons with so we both can get the orange ones...?

People have been doing that here:

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

People have been doing that here:

Didn't see that. I'll check it out, thanks!

^yessss, these old-breed walls are so annoying!

It would be nice if older/densely-populated breeds produced less than the young/scarce breeds and those produced more. Something along the lines of:

Youngest/rarest breed: always four

Younger/scarcer breed: 3-4

Older/more-prolific breed 2-3

Oldest/most-common breeds: always 2

Edited by blockEdragon