nynaevesilverwind

ANSWERED:New Trophies

What do you think would be ideal?  

434 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd love a limit increase to 8 eggs/24 hatchlings (or, eventually, more hatchlings) if only because it allows for catching 4 breeding pairs in one sitting. Which is enough for a 4th gen even-gen PB or 4th gen checkers without the need to involve other players.

I'd love a limit increase to 8 eggs/24 hatchlings (or, eventually, more hatchlings) if only because it allows for catching 4 breeding pairs in one sitting. Which is enough for a 4th gen even-gen PB or 4th gen checkers without the need to involve other players.

Exactly the reason that I would like that 8 egg limit. I'm not even so set on an increase in the hatchie limit, although with the AP the way it has been recently I often hit that also.

Yes - I'd love 8 eggs, too. BREEDING pairs !

I would love love LOVE an eight egg limit! xd.png It bugs the heck out of me that I collect an odd number of eggs. I like collecting things in even numbers!

I like this idea, since I am worried about when I will complete all my goals. Although maybe it could not go all the way up, just bronze, silver, gold, platinum then ruby? Half support.

We've heard of it, the problem is that it's not a compendium of all the statistics of the site. It only uses information from the people who log into it, and then it doesn't update that information. There are many MANY users who don't use the site, or who don't log into it regularly to update their scrolls.

The thing to do when looking at TJ's site is not look at the shown totals, but go to the scrolls of those holding records. There are currently 3 over 7,000 showing there, although it seems some of the largest scroll owners have theirs hidden at this point.

There were also owners who posted there in the past, who no longer show their scrolls, and they were as large as Ruby's when I saw them two or three years ago. I think there was someone close to or over 9000, but it's been a very long time since I saw the scroll. I believe they are still active, too.

My first sentence applies to record holders in the DC Records threads too, especially since it hasn't been updated since September.

So, the data is a little old. Doesn't mean we can't get anything from it. Even if we are *very* generous in estimates, knowing that there's a few people with 7k and maybe one or two with 9k.... Let's be generous and say there are a couple users who've reached 15k. That's a pretty big leap.

Even then, I *still* see no reason for the biggest trophies, like 25k or 50k. DC is what, 7 1/2 years old? I honestly just don't see the understanding behind creating something that *no one* will get for at *least* another 5 years. And again, that's being very generous with estimates.

I still support higher trophies. But I don't get the need for trophies *that* high.

Edited by Marie19R

So, the data is a little old. Doesn't mean we can't get anything from it. Even if we are *very* generous in estimates, knowing that there's a few people with 7k and maybe one or two with 9k.... Let's be generous and say there are a couple users who've reached 15k. That's a pretty big leap.

Even then, I *still* see no reason for the biggest trophies, like 25k or 50k. DC is what, 7 1/2 years old? I honestly just don't see the understanding behind creating something that *no one* will get for at *least* another 5 years. And again, that's being very generous with estimates.

I still support higher trophies. But I don't get the need for trophies *that* high.

i agree with all of this.

why do we need trophies for just total amount of dragons anyway..? we could have them for other things u_u i would rather have that than trophies for people with a million dragons (who could only cheat for this to be possible)

I have 1000 dragons, have read the first post, and give permission to use my stats.

My (roughly, I traded and futzed around after I picked him up) 1000th dragon is a male CB pink named WINK. I was debating creating a topic addressing new trophies, specifically a platinum one, but thought I would search for this topic beforehand as it seems logical that there is already some discussion of it.

I was thinking that the platinum trophy would be more in the range of 2000, and I wasn't thinking anything about any further. I do commonly see friends in my lineage projects with 2000, 4000, etc dragons on their scrolls.

Let me now address the other scroll trophies that have been proposed.

Ruby - 2500 Dragons

Emerald - 6000 Dragons

Sapphire - 12000 Dragons

Diamond - 25000 Dragons

Mithril - 50000 Dragons

If we hold more true to where I was thinking, I would go with 10,000; 25,000; 50,000; 100,000; 200,000.

Hmmmm. That does seem a bit excessive. Perhaps the original set is a bit more correct. Though I would run it 1250; 3000; 7500; 15,000; 30,000; 50,000.

There, that would be a bit better.

anyway, like the idea, could probably use some tweaking.

Re-read the OP, tried to think things over yet again:

I honestly don't care one way or another about having new trophies, *in theory*. I just reached 1k on my scroll and it would be sorta interesting to have a new trophy, or at least something to work towards.

I still believe that, even with "staggering" the release of new trophies, what the OP outlines just seems like huge overkill. I can't see anyone getting *near* 40-50k dragons anytime soon. Even if the highest trophy isn't released for another four years, that means the highest-dragon-players *right now* would still have to be raising somewhere between 6-8k dragons *a year* in order to be ready for that last trophy when it's released.

I DO, however, *totally* love the numbers put forth by edwardelricfreak. They are much more realistic and yaaaayyy it incorporates more freeze slots!

I honestly don't think new trophies should come with more egg/hatchling spots... 7/21 is fairly generous as it is. And PLEEEASE let's not bring back the frustration and confusion of bred-only (or AP-only) slots!! That really isn't a good idea at all. It was disastrous then and I can't see that changing. If we are going to be awarded more slots for having more dragons, we should be allowed to *chose* how to use those slots.

Well, I wouldn't call the old breed-only fifth slot disastrous - but it's (relatively) complicated. And since TJ is very much for keeping it simple.

I honestly don't think new trophies should come with more egg/hatchling spots... 7/21 is fairly generous as it is.

Pretty sure no matter what we'd never get another egg slot. :Y More hatchlings would be neat but that probably won't happen either.

BUT if we DID get more, I think only one more egg (for an even number plus something about certain lineages) plus up to that many hatchlings would be good. The only reason why eggs would stop and hatchlings would continue to go up is so you can just have a higher total of growing things in general. It could maybe just stay at 24 (if the limits for hatchlings are raised at all, that is) and you only have increased freezing/kill slots. Kill would still be a bit limited, but freezing? You could freeze all day.

Pretty sure no matter what we'd never get another egg slot. :Y More hatchlings would be neat but that probably won't happen either.

BUT if we DID get more, I think only one more egg (for an even number plus something about certain lineages) plus up to that many hatchlings would be good.

This. I would LOVE to be able to catch eggs in even pairs (yes I COULD just run with 6 - but - well, y'know, you sit there and all of a sudden there's 7 on your scroll oops... xd.png

Honestly I'd agree that 8 eggs would be a nice boost for a new trophy, even if it was one of the higher-leveled ones, but I also agree that it's just my desire for even numbers of eggs talking... :I A higher overall growing things limit or a removed freeze limit with a new trophy would be fine as well\ (especially the latter!).

I mostly just want at least one of the new trophy levels to have some kind of gameplay benefit.

I would really like to have more trophies on DC, just not sure about the egg limits being increased. I mean, the limits being increased would be awesome in the same way that irl teleportation would be awesome. It's nice to think about, but would make the game (or, in the teleportation case, real life) too easy. I still think the limit going from 4 eggs to 7 eggs is one of the best things that's happened to dragon cave since I joined, and I don't really think it's necessary to raise it even more.

I have 1666 dragons

user posted image

However they could even be 1800 because I've relased A LOT of them when I've suddenly decided that I don't want messy lineages anymore. So this number could be very higher than this.

I totally support new limits and new trophies. I like very much this option:

#1 Courtesy of dragongrrl

Bronze - 50 Dragons - 5 eggs/15 hatchlings

Silver - 200 Dragons - 6 eggs/18 hatchlings

Gold - 500 Dragons - 7 eggs/21 hatchlings

Platinum - 1000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings

Ruby - 2500 Dragons - 9 eggs/27 hatchlings

Emerald - 5000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings

Sapphire - 10,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/33 hatchlings

Diamond - 20,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/36 hatchlings

Mithril - 40,000 Dragons - 10 eggs / 40 hatchlings

But I also think that these goals are a little too much high. I want to propose my idea of new trophies, please consider it:

Bronze - 50 Dragons - 5 eggs/15 hatchlings

Silver - 200 Dragons - 6 eggs/18 hatchlings

Gold - 500 Dragons - 7 eggs/21 hatchlings

Platinum - 1000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings

Ruby - 2000 Dragons - 9 eggs/27 hatchlings

Emerald - 4000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings

Sapphire - 8000 Dragons - 10 eggs/33 hatchlings

Diamond - 12,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/36 hatchlings

Mithril - 15,000 Dragons - 10 eggs / 40 hatchlings

I think these numbers are more realistic. If someone seems to have more than 15.000 dragons he/she should deserves more than a simple trophie xd.png It would be a super-incredible record, and it would be very hard to find more than 5 people with so many dragons in their scrolls.

I want to have more "difficult levels" on DC, and this could be a great and usefull challenge, so I will support it wink.gif

Edited by Naruhina_94

attaining gold trophy is very easy if you play regularly.

With the now upped AP possibilities, I will soon have more CB Crimsons than I'd need total dragons for gold trophy.

It's really a shame that this aspect of the game sits IDLE for any time beyond your first few months/first year of playing DC.

attaining gold trophy is very easy if you play regularly.

With the now upped AP possibilities, I will soon have more CB Crimsons than I'd need total dragons for gold trophy.

It's really a shame that this aspect of the game sits IDLE for any time beyond your first few months/first year of playing DC.

What "aspect" of the game is it other than a badge ? I have 3186 dragons (more shortly) and I never even look at my trophy. TJ has said (though he COULD change his mind in the end, I know) that there will never be any more egg slots, so the idea of a changed colour for my trophy is hardly a game changer.

What "aspect" of the game is it other than a badge ? I have 3186 dragons (more shortly) and I never even look at my trophy. TJ has said (though he COULD change his mind in the end, I know) that there will never be any more egg slots, so the idea of a changed colour for my trophy is hardly a game changer.

We want the chance to have more egg and hatchiling slots smile.gif

I also see my scroll more "precious" with an higher trophy and a Mithirl one would be awesome. The fact that something changes when I reach a certain number of dragons motivates me to go on, it gives me a target. If nothing changes it's all to your love for the game and it could decrease a little bit after years of playing.

Edited by Naruhina_94

What "aspect" of the game is it other than a badge ?

Some people just like the challenge of increased numbers. Increased eggslots would give me a lot more to aim for, but hey, even if its only a badge, I'd have a reason to have other eggs on my slot BESIDES metals and my breeding projects, because new release most often do not FIT my kind of game.

Some people just like the challenge of increased numbers. Increased eggslots would give me a lot more to aim for, but hey, even if its only a badge, I'd have a reason to have other eggs on my slot BESIDES metals and my breeding projects, because new release most often do not FIT my kind of game.

Well, sure - but until such time as TJ changes his mind, increased slots are not on the table, and until they are, I can't see any point to more badges.

ETA

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=5797887

Edited by fuzzbucket

You know that quoting a post from TJ that's 2 1/2 years old is not sufficient reason to take discussion of a subject off the table.

1. He's open to discussion on subjects he's said no on before. He could be persuaded.

2. 2 1/2 years is a long time. People's perspective changes.

3. Even if his mind doesn't change, there's no reason to shut down discussion on something because the discussion could lead to an idea that is feasible.

You know that quoting a post from TJ that's 2 1/2 years old is not sufficient reason to take discussion of a subject off the table.

1. He's open to discussion on subjects he's said no on before. He could be persuaded.

2. 2 1/2 years is a long time. People's perspective changes.

3. Even if his mind doesn't change, there's no reason to shut down discussion on something because the discussion could lead to an idea that is feasible.

I didn't want to shut it down AT ALL, just saying that even Socky quoted that post in another thread, the other day, to point out that there is no reason to suppose TJ will give us more slots, though as she said, too - it is an old post so never say never. I even SAID in my earlier post that he might change his mind.

I was just pointing out that unless there ARE more slots, there's no point to new trophies, in my book. More slots - awesome, yes sure. But I just asked what was the point of new trophies without new slots, is all. Because - there isn't any benefit to a pretty new trophy if no game thing comes with it.. And some posts here seemed to suggest a trophy was worth going for just for a pretty, and there I disagree.

Edited by fuzzbucket