nynaevesilverwind

ANSWERED:New Trophies

What do you think would be ideal?  

434 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since a lot of people are wary of giving people more slots to hunt eggs with, I propose that we add a breedable-only slot, like we used to have. I know that favors the breeders over the hunters, but it's still a reward. So, first you get the breeding slot, and then next level it's upgraded to a huntable slot. Essentially for every other level, you're gaining one egg, with it capped at 10, though you could still get badges if we have that many people achieving it.

So, like this:

Bronze - 50 Dragons - 5 eggs/15 hatchlings

Silver - 200 Dragons - 6 eggs/18 hatchlings

Gold - 500 Dragons - 7 eggs/21 hatchlings

Platinum - 1000 Dragons - 7 (+1) eggs/24 hatchlings

Ruby - 2500 Dragons - 8 eggs/27 hatchlings

Emerald - 6000 Dragons - 8 (+1) eggs/30 hatchlings

Sapphire - 12000 Dragons - 9 eggs/33 hatchlings

Diamond - 20000 Dragons - 9 (+1) eggs/36 hatchlings

Mithril - 50000 Dragons - 10 eggs/39 hatchlings

This way, you're rewarded at each level. One level you can only breed the extra egg, but the next you can catch it. It encourages people to breed, and (hopefully) since they have that many dragons, they'll be breeding rares or lineages instead of random caveblockers, so their breeding would be more desirable.

It seems to me from this thread that a lot of people with large scrolls have breeding projects, so they'd be able to have one more slot for that even if they can't use it for catching yet. For many people, one breedable slot would still be useful. Even if it's not, it's nice to have just in case, and you still have that next level to work for.

I don't doubt that there's already people at the emerald level. Increasing it to 10 already seems a bit early to me. Especially since the more slots you have, the faster your scroll will grow. If just 10 people get to the Emerald level, that's 100 eggs between them. If you move the 10 slots up to Mithril, I bet there'll be a lot less players that reach it. That'll also help for the people who are worried about being able to catch releases. With my idea, you'd only be able to get 8 new releases instead of 10 when you have 6,000 dragons.

You could also possibly make the +1 a breedable or tradeable only slot, for those that prefer not to breed. I'm not a trader, so I don't know how that'd affect other people, but it could be an option too.

With those numbers we get great number of players with 7+1, a lot of players with 8 slots, relatively small amount of players with 8+1.

Uhmm how about re-made whole table?

25 (4+)
    50 (5) 
   100 (5+)
   200 (6)
   400 (6+)
   800 (7)
  1600 (7+)
  3200 (8)
  6400 (9)
 12800 (10)
 24000 (11)
 50000 (12)

The upper half of the ranks doesn't get ANY advance over lower ranks because increased number of dragons needed to reach next rank is rised significantly. And such players doesn't need any special breed slot if they target their game to make it to the top rank.

I think that todays top rank would be 6400. And they need to collect as much dragons as collected before to upgrade to the next rank :)

50000 looks insane now.

PS. And we can compact "+levels" to just Bronze+ etc.

PPS. Why leaving metals theme? Periodic table are here and we have 6 Platinoids to choose from :)

Since a lot of people are wary of giving people more slots to hunt eggs with, I propose that we add a breedable-only slot, like we used to have. I know that favors the breeders over the hunters, but it's still a reward. So, first you get the breeding slot, and then next level it's upgraded to a huntable slot. Essentially for every other level, you're gaining one egg, with it capped at 10, though you could still get badges if we have that many people achieving it.

So, like this:

Diamond - 20000 Dragons - 9 (+1) eggs/36 hatchlings

Mithril - 50000 Dragons - 10 eggs/39 hatchlings

This way, you're rewarded at each level. One level you can only breed the extra egg, but the next you can catch it. It encourages people to breed, and (hopefully) since they have that many dragons, they'll be breeding rares or lineages instead of random caveblockers, so their breeding would be more desirable.

It seems to me from this thread that a lot of people with large scrolls have breeding projects, so they'd be able to have one more slot for that even if they can't use it for catching yet. For many people, one breedable slot would still be useful. Even if it's not, it's nice to have just in case, and you still have that next level to work for.

I don't doubt that there's already people at the emerald level. Increasing it to 10 already seems a bit early to me. Especially since the more slots you have, the faster your scroll will grow. If just 10 people get to the Emerald level, that's 100 eggs between them. If you move the 10 slots up to Mithril, I bet there'll be a lot less players that reach it. That'll also help for the people who are worried about being able to catch releases. With my idea, you'd only be able to get 8 new releases instead of 10 when you have 6,000 dragons.

You could also possibly make the +1 a breedable or tradeable only slot, for those that prefer not to breed. I'm not a trader, so I don't know how that'd affect other people, but it could be an option too.

This seems like an interesting system, but my main problem with it is that it seems likely to create even more AP blockers. The people breeding those now don't care, why would they care with an extra slot? Now maybe if we made that an AP only slot it might help. It would force people to pick up blockers if they chose to utilize the slot.

An increase in the scroll limits would be great!

Many of us are having a super time in the AP, (which I devoutly hope stays as is, not blocking the Cave but providing a continual source of low-timed eggs,) and are picking up low-time commons we'd have no room for at 7 days.

Even one more egg-slot and several more hatchie slots would be handy, to say the least - although I know that I certainly don't have the fabulous numbers of dragons some have suggested for increases, lol.

An increase in the scroll limits would be great!

Many of us are having a super time in the AP, (which I devoutly hope stays as is, not blocking the Cave but providing a continual source of low-timed eggs,) and are picking up low-time commons we'd have no room for at 7 days.

Even one more egg-slot and several more hatchie slots would be handy, to say the least - although I know that I certainly don't have the fabulous numbers of dragons some have suggested for increases, lol.

I know, I'm loving the AP glut at the moment! However, my reds are being fully taxed, and are complaing bitterly. tongue.gif

Those fabulous numbers will be so much fun to reach though!

I would really like to see the special "extra" slot for a bred egg to be added back in. But an increase in egg slots would be very nice. There are times I'm cooking up some regular eggs, then want to breed a few for other people. A few extra slots would be fantastic!

Just to let everyone know, I have not forgotten about sketches for the trophies! I've just hit a snag in that I've lost my tablet cord lol. I'm also going to go through and add all the different awesome ideas people have come up with to the first post.

Updating is good.. and since we've been discussing this for a little over a month, it might be a good idea to reset the poll too.. to take the discussion into account for those that have changed their minds. Just remember to record the 1st poll results before the reset.

Updating is good.. and since we've been discussing this for a little over a month, it might be a good idea to reset the poll too.. to take the discussion into account for those that have changed their minds. Just remember to record the 1st poll results before the reset.

Exactly!

We've had too many polls which have been ongoing ever through drastic changes, which inadvertently produce highly deceptive results, and those of this poll may be quite different, now that so many people have had a chance to weight the probabilities and outcomes.

I'd go for higher numbers of hatchies now, myself, due to an AP addition that takes a surprising amount of room regarding low-time commons I could/would like to take but wind up leaving, once I start getting down to the last hatchie-spaces/Incubates.

Yeah, that's why there's a copy of the current poll at the bottom of the post, and I was asking about how to reset the poll. I can't seem to figure it out. happy.gif'

Exactly!

We've had too many polls which have been ongoing ever through drastic changes, which inadvertently produce highly deceptive results, and those of this poll may be quite different, now that so many people have had a chance to weight the probabilities and outcomes.

I'd go for higher numbers of hatchies now, myself, due to an AP addition that takes a surprising amount of room regarding low-time commons I could/would like to take but wind up leaving, once I start getting down to the last hatchie-spaces/Incubates.

Yeah, I've noticed several shifts as the topic becomes more discussed and people get the chance to really consider different alternatives.

I also run into the problem of running out of spaces for incuhatched hatchies, although collecting for save the rares helps, since I can freeze most of the messy ones.

I'm back guys, so this thread should get active again. I'll ask a mod in the next few days to help me change the poll. Right now I'm combing through the thread for any relevant ideas that didn't manage to get pasted into the OP.

Edited by nynaevesilverwind

Ruby - 2500 Dragons - 9 eggs/27 hatchlings

Emerald - 6000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings

Sapphire - 12000 Dragons - 10 eggs/33 hatchlings

Diamond - 20000 Dragons - 10 eggs/36 hatchlings

Mithril - 50000 Dragons - 10 eggs/40 hatchlings

These numbers and the types of badges seem really weird...why would you go from platinum to ruby? I could understand diamond and mithril, but I'd take out ruby, sapphire, and emerald. I doubt those are worth more than gold (at least per gram or something). I really enjoy mithril being there. Maybe you could add something like "Legend" or something after mithril?

Ruby's numbers, 2500 and 9/27, make sense. But then 6000, 12000, and 20000 don't... I also think that the hatchlings should stay at 3 times the eggs you can have. Besides, if we could get freezing limits either increased or completely lifted, I think that many would be totally fine.

I suggest making a few changes to the list:

Platinum - 2,500 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings

Diamond - 10,000 Dragons - 9 eggs/27 hatchlings

Mithril - 25,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings

Legend - 50,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings

(Besides, maybe the Legend one would have a little GoN figure for the statue :B)

Actually, I have come to think it doesn't make any sense to make the levels so high that it will be years before anyone reaches them. Wouldn't it make better sense to make the trophy levels closer to real numbers we see now?

I suggest:

Bronze: 50

Silver: 200

Gold: 500

Platinum: 1000

Amethyst: 1500

Sapphire: 2000

Emerald: 2500

Ruby: 3000

Diamond: 3500

It's a nice straight increase, with amounts that are possible now.

Rather than just discussing raising egg and hatchling limits, perhaps we could think of some other scroll rewards that make sense? I like the idea of raising the egg limit to 8, but I don't think we need to go beyond that, and it makes total sense to me that hatchling limits could stand to be raised. But surely we can think of other rewards for long term playing besides raising egg limits.

Raising freeze limits?

Raising kill limits?

Scroll wide fog/unfog? (fogs or unfogs all growing dragons on the scroll)

Raising just hatchling limits? (3 at a time perhaps? Or just 1 at a time?)

Something else?

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Actually, I have come to think it doesn't make any sense to make the levels so high that it will be years before anyone reaches them. Wouldn't it make better sense to make the trophy levels closer to real numbers we see now?

I suggest:

Rather than just discussing raising egg and hatchling limits, perhaps we could think of some other scroll rewards that make sense? I like the idea of raising the egg limit to 8, but I don't think we need to go beyond that, and it makes total sense to me that hatchling limits could stand to be raised. But surely we can think of other rewards for long term playing besides raising egg limits.

Raising freeze limits?

Raising kill limits?

Something else?

I think it could stand to be more than 8. I really like 10, since it's a good, even, final number, in most cases. 8 just seems...unfinished. Also, again with the gems. Not that I don't like them, but to me they don't make sense to follow Platinum.

Ehn honestly I thought the numbers were rather high, too, but I just went with them and tried to make them make a bit more sense than they were...

Platinum - 1,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings

Diamond - 2,500 Dragons - 9 eggs/27 hatchlings

Mithril - 5,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings

(honestly this would be most ideal to me, the other really was just making sense of the levels from the OP)

I do like the idea for other rewards! That would be super awesome. I don't think scroll-wide fog/unfog should be a reward. I think that should be the Grey dragon BSA (I still support that idea).

Let's see, Kill starts at 5 and Freezing...does it increase when the trophy goes up? The Wiki claims it to be "gold - 16, silver - 14, bronze - 12 and no trophy - 10" but I actually don't know for certain, and I know the Wiki isn't officially affiliated with the site. I've never noticed it increase, but then again it wasn't until I was at silver that I started freezing and I just got to gold.

I guess it could be like...

Bronze - 50 Dragons - 5 eggs/15 hatchlings - 12 Freeze/5 Kill

Silver - 200 Dragons - 6 eggs/18 hatchlings - 14 Freeze/5 Kill

Gold - 500 Dragons - 7 eggs/21 hatchlings - 16 Freeze/5 Kill

Platinum - 1,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings - 18 Freeze/10? Kill

Diamond - 2,500 Dragons - 9 eggs/27 hatchlings - 20 Freeze/10? Kill

Mithril - 5,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings - 22 Freeze/10? Kill

I have no idea for the Kills. Or maybe it could gradually increase...

None - 5 Kill, Bronze - 5 Kill, Silver - 6 Kill, ... Mithril - 10 Kill? I don't think it should be any more than 10, and already that's quite a lot. But I mean, you'd have the dragons available...

I also really don't like that 22 Freeze. Maybe Diamond would be 19 and then Mithril could be 20. That way everything is nice and tidy and even-looking.

My hopefully final answer:

Bronze - 50 Dragons - 5 eggs/15 hatchlings - 12 Freeze/5 Kill

Silver - 200 Dragons - 6 eggs/18 hatchlings - 14 Freeze/6 Kill

Gold - 500 Dragons - 7 eggs/21 hatchlings - 16 Freeze/7 Kill

Platinum - 1,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings - 18 Freeze/8 Kill

Diamond - 2,500 Dragons - 9 eggs/27 hatchlings - 19 Freeze/9 Kill

Mithril - 5,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings - 20 Freeze/10 Kill

That sounds great to me...dunno about anyone else though.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I suggest:

Raising freeze limits?

Raising kill limits?

Something else?

I honestly don't care about new limits, but I do think your numbers are a little small. Essentially, all new levels are exactly 500 dragons apart, it doesn't feel like it is as much of an accomplishment, there needs to be at least a little increase in difficulty between each one. If there was no increase in limits or if they were inconsequential, it wouldn't matter how achievable they are, all they would be is a way to brag and be a pretty picture.

Edited by Nectaris

I'm glad to see this thread back again, as this conversation is of great interest to me.

I am reposting my comments on the original numbers suggested from earlier in the thread, because it seems like numbers have been bouncing up and down from the suggestions I made, which seemed to be liked by many of our more experienced people.

This also includes my reasoning on the numbers I chose, and I still like these numbers, along with the later suggestion to add Mithril, at either 40,000, as I suggested, or 50,000 as someone else suggested.

I'd like to see more trophy levels, but I would raise the current suggested levels, just because it needs to be a real challenge, which the suggested levels don't do imho.  From Silver level on, it is possible to add at least 1000 dragons in a year, if someone is really serious about building their scroll.

Platinum - 1000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings  - I agree with this level.

Ruby - 1750 Dragons - 9 eggs/27 hatchlings  -  This level should be a minimum of twice the previous level and I think 2500 would be in line with this goal.  (It would also give me a new goal to shoot toward, rather than skipping levels! lol)

Emerald - 3000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings  -  Keeping to a minimum of twice the old level, Emerald should be set at 5000 dragons.  I think we have several members already at or close to this level.

Sapphire - 5000 Dragons - 10 eggs/33 hatchlings  -  Doubling would raise this goal to 10,000 Dragons, and give all of us something to work for.

Diamond - 8000 Dragons - 10 eggs/36 hatchlings  -  This should be 20,000 dragons, showing the commitment of the players that reach this level.

The lower level numbers currently suggested just don't do it for me.  smile.gif

Or (shorthanded by Cyradis4 - thank you!)

Platinum - 1000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings

Ruby - 2500 Dragons - 9 eggs/27 hatchlings

Emerald - 5000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings

Sapphire - 10,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/33 hatchlings

Diamond - 20,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/36 hatchlings

Mithril - 40,000 Dragons - 10 eggs / 40 hatchlings

And for those who think these numbers are unrealistically high, I am now at 3385 dragons, eggs and hatchlings total on my scroll, having raised over 1100 dragons within this year, with another month and a half still to go. Rubyshoes is more than doubling what I do in a month, and there are a good number of people who fall somewhere in between me and rubyshoes. smile.gif

But you guys are the exceptions, not the rule. I think those numbers should be based more on what a "typical user" could catch from the cave and raise in a year. A gold scroll, working just in the cave, can raise about 50 dragons every two weeks. That's about 1200 to 1300 dragons a year. And frankly, why should TJ institute a player trophy for a level 99% of the user base will never see? Something no one now is close to?

If you put the higher trophies only at the level that such power gamers like you and rubyshoes achieve you put them out of reach for a large portion of the players. That would take a "typical" player like that 33 years to achieve your top trophy. I don't think that's a very reasonable level to set.

Maybe my numbers are a bit too low. I think numbers in 10's of thousands is far too high though.

And Sci, I like gemstones after metals. tongue.gif

Precious metals are precious, but gemstones even more so. (not arguing, just stating my preference)

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

And Sci, I like gemstones after metals. :P

Precious metals are precious, but gemstones even more so. (not arguing, just stating my preference)

Not saying they aren't precious. But I feel like they would fit better before Platinum...but then it would be weird because you go from metal to gem to metal to gem.

idk lol

Maybe the trophies can become encrusted with gemstones or something. "Bejeweled Trophy" /shot

Also having all those gemstones makes for a crazy high amount of trophies. I don't think that's necessary. That's 9 trophies to go through...

EDIT: Bah I'ma just look up the value of gemstones and metals. Gemstones are probably worth more anyway. XD

Okay, after research with comparing this list and this list, I guess it really would go something like:

platinum, sapphire, emerald, ruby, diamond. Specifically. Of course, that's assuming the trophy is entirely made out of the materials. XD That's still quite a bunch of trophies, and would require pushing the levels into the 10 thousands, I think, if we wanted some challenge between levels. Really I don't think it's very fair to go beyond 10k dragons for a trophy...

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I like the idea of Platinum, and maybe keep Ruby and rename it Diamond. But really, and I say this for myself and other trophy-less people, we don't need to raise egg limits much, if any. This would completely unbalance holiday releases, and make golds, silvers, and the like even harder to get.

But really, and I say this for myself and other trophy-less people, we don't need to raise egg limits much, if any. This would completely unbalance holiday releases, and make golds, silvers, and the like even harder to get.

It would maaaaaaybe only unbalance Halloween. Maybe. Christmas and Valentine's are limited to two dragons per scroll, regardless of trophy.

How would it make golds and silvers harder to get? If anything, this would give more space for people to breed the golds and silvers for gifting (there are a bunch of nice people literally giving out rares and such in some of the "trade" threads, and I'm not meaning messy lineage ones).