nynaevesilverwind

ANSWERED:New Trophies

What do you think would be ideal?  

434 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

New slots aren't the only possible new game thing.

OK - what else could we get instead, for having zillions of dragons ? I'm well OK with that, too. smile.gif

Just not with the idea that a pretty badge on its own is something I, at least, would find worth putting myself out for !

Apart from slots, I think it's possible for new trophies to give us things like faster cooldown times on BSAs and/or breeding. Maybe, just maybe, eggs/hatchlings could somehow grow up faster if we have higher trophies. Like, they can grow before the 4 day mark, possibly as early as 5 days. It would probably be a gradual thing as your trophy increases.

But personally for me, I just think having more slots makes more sense. That way you can grow your dragons faster in the most basic way possible. Course, the two things I said above would also help in that regard in certain cases, and could be added in alongside other slot increases suggested before. I would really only add them to some of the higher trophies, though. Possibly start two or three suggested trophies higher than gold currently on ANY of those lists.

I would also REALLY like for unlimited, or at least very high, freezing to be added, as well as more kill slots. Those are technically not egg/hatchling slots but something else entirely, and they've already been suggested, so there, something that isn't egg/hatchling slots. c:

I, personally, would *love* working for higher trophies if they would give me more freezing slots. That would be just awesome.

I, personally, would *love* working for higher trophies if they would give me more freezing slots. That would be just awesome.

I would have said yes a while ago, but I've gone off freezing for some reason... xd.png

But that's just me.

I'd quite like the ability to teleport more than four things, come to think of it. But that's only because I wanted to do that the other day...

HOW about, though, that the fertility boost from purples is upped ? if it is (say, this is just a wild thought) 5% now, it could go up by 2% per trophy ? (it would have to start after gold as the existing trophies already give benefits...)

I'd quite like the ability to teleport more than four things, come to think of it. But that's only because I wanted to do that the other day...

HOW about, though, that the fertility boost from purples is upped ? if it is (say, this is just a wild thought) 5% now, it could go up by 2% per trophy ? (it would have to start after gold as the existing trophies already give benefits...)

Actually, both of those sound great, too. Just slight BSA improvements as you gain a new trophy would be awesome. Slightly more successful Bites, Earthquakes, etc. Maybe gain the ability to Incubate hatchlings, or have Incubate take off more time. Teleport more hatchlings at any one time. Fertility chances increasing. All of that sounds awesome to me.

Now, of course, it's not going to be huge bonuses, but something like 5% increases to certain stuff (or more likely less than that) per trophy level could fill in nicely as an alternative (or compliment to) egg/hatchi slots.

Is this discussion still running or is their some new thread for it?

I'll assume its still running I guess unsure.gif

Personally I 100% support this idea, I'm rapidly approaching 900 dragons and am kind of slowing down, would be nice to have more to work towards, especially since I am kind of an AP hoarder who rescues AP's raises them and names them tongue.gif

Would just be nice to get more to work towards, as suggested before doesn't have to be egg slots, could be faster BSA cooldowns or something, just my thoughts though

I've got well over 3000, and I could not care less ! I work for scroll goals and personal lineages, not trophies. Just another POV.

I think new trophies would be a good idea.

I do not want to see egg limit increased, I think the number of eggs and hatchies you can get is perfectly fine.

I would like to see frozen hatchlings taken out of the trophy count, so that the freezing limit can be increased. Maybe give frozen hatchlings their own trophy and increase the number of freezes we get by that.

I'd like to see trophies for more than just base number of dragons. Maybe a trophy for having x number of female dragons, and x number of male dragons.

Maybe a trophy for number of years played. Number of successful vampire bites. Number of times you have bred your dragons... things like that which could add more fun and variety rather than just x number of dragons.

Checked last night and I have a total of 2300 dragons.

I'd love working past the gold trophy; as it is now I don't see much point beyond my obsession with collecting and just having a fun waste of time.

Checked last night and I have a total of 2300 dragons.

I'd love working past the gold trophy; as it is now I don't see much point beyond my obsession with collecting and just having a fun waste of time.

Seriously, it would make a difference to your pleasure, aiming for another badge, for a set number of dragons ? Me, I like BREEDING and COLLECTING; I was surprised the day the gold showed up - but I was pleased to have more slots smile.gif

Thoughts:

1. I love the idea of more trophies! I get sad sometimes looking at my Gold trophy and realising that it's never going to change again! (I even named my 500th dragon with "500" in his name to commemorate the event.)

2. Raising egg limits: I like the idea for SOME trophies, but not for others. What if they were staggered, so that, say, Gold--->Platinum came with a new egg slot, but Platinum--->Ruby did not, and Ruby--->Diamond did ? (Sorry if I got those out of order, but you know what I mean.) Or Gold--->Platinum increased by 1-2 hatchling slots but no egg slots, Platinum--->Ruby had no increase, and Ruby--->Diamond increased by 1 egg slot and X hatchie slots?

3. Egg slots: I would say no more than 8-9; can't imagine TJ being okay with 10, AND I kind of dislike the idea a little bit because it seems vastly unfair to new players; imagine being new and chugging along with your five slots, only to see other players who have plenty of dragons already chugging by you with double that. Part of the challenge of DC is inherent in the breeding and limits thereupon; if you can hold more eggs, I suspect people will also discard more (because now they can breed all 20 of their lineage dragons at once and throw away the ten eggs that are the wrong breed.) I could be wrong on this, of course, but either way it doesn't change that 9-10 slots feels like WAY more than new players get.

4. Trophy levels: I really like Naruhina_94's suggestion of how many dragons should be needed for each trophy -- these numbers do feel a bit more realistic/achievable. I also think it might be cool if there was a trophy that was determined by *time* - "1 Year of Continuous Play" / "3 Years" / "5+ Years", maybe? (Wouldn't need to look like a trophy! Maybe pocket watch/sundial/Big Ben-type clocks?) For any value of "continuous" that's reasonable, i.e. whatever the time frame is for dragons losing their names, perhaps?

5. Scroll size: I have a scroll over 1500! It's at 2571 according to the sort page (so that number includes eggs/hatchlings that are still growing).

6. Other stuff: I have always wished that hovering over trophy with the mouse would give an exact count of dragons! Is there any way this could happen? Instead of "Gold Trophy" or "Over 500 Dragons" - which I think it used to say - it would instead say "543 dragons" or "Gold Trophy - 567 Dragons" or something similar. It'd be really neat, not just for keeping track of my own, but for whenever I wind up visiting a huge scroll and thinking, "WOW, I wonder how many dragons are here if it takes sixteen pages to hold them!" biggrin.gif

Edited by sorenna

Personally, I think that if TJ implements his idea of a time based egg slot that should be sufficient. I don't think we should ever go above 8 slots for the same reasons you've stated.

I'd like to see scroll rewards that are something other than more slots. I'd also like to see some sort of achievements for things that must be renewed year by year, like your continuous playing badge.

I really like your idea of having the mouseover on the trophy show how many dragons you have. That would be excellent.

I think Naruhina's initial numbers aren't bad, but they climb too steeply. I can see a top trophy being something only one or two people currently playing have, but I can't see TJ implementing something that no one can reach for years, and 50,000 is something no one is going to reach in a very very long time. 10,000? Sure, maybe. I think the current known scroll with max numbers of dragon is only 7300 or something like that. Remember, that's dragons collected over a course of up to 8 years. Maybe implement trophies in stages though. And there's only a tiny handful of people over 5000.

I like the idea of more trophies and slots.

I have over 2400 dragons, i don't mind if someone uses it to gather statistics information.

I don't personally really care about new trophies/badges which don't involve some actual advance, and would be happy with TJ's Time-based slot idea, although (assuming that we got a Fog/UnFog All action and that people started becoming aware of the fact that we ALL need to give back at least some Views to the fansites we use to have really good numbers, and ultimately to have enough for even the slow cracking, hatching, maturing and 'adulting' of the growing dragons dependent upon our Views and especially Unique Views, of which each IP address can only give each growing dragon once, and that dragons Dropped in the Cave increased accordingly,) I wouldn't mind having 10 egg slots (5 pairs of New Halloweens, more room for Holiday breds, more room for pretty AP breds and low-time CB Commons and cetera.! [Gotta love cetera! lol]) and the corresponding number of hatchy spaces.

Edit: but if we don't get the Time-based egg slot, up to Platinum would work well for me.

Having an increase for even numbers of egg slots where we could get pairs of single or multiple Releases, and have enough for 3rd gen PBs, would be so far beyond super!

I'm a little iffy on things people can earn but lose if a disaster strikes or they're somewhere internet is not accessible for any extended period of time and unable to get online to play, something which could occur to almost any of us essentially living one illness or accident away from job loss and destitution.

Edited by Syphoneira

(Were you still collecting data on people with large scrolls?- because mine is 1,500+, so there's that if you want it).

Anyway, I've always wanted more trophies, and even one more egg slot would be something worth getting excited about.

If we do, I like edwardelricfan's numbers for dragons per trophy more, as, with the other numbers, I've only ever seen a few people with 10+ page scrolls (which would be 5,000), let alone 40,000 dragons- So, in light of that, I feel that the dragongrrl numbers are rather high.

A year and a half later, and with a little vacation from the internet between last July and late Feb of this year due to a dead hard drive, I will be at 5000 dragons before the end of this month, with 4945 at the time of this post. I am aware of three currently very active scrolls over with 10,000 dragons, and believe there are at least 40 or 50 of us within spitting range of 5000.

Honestly, the issue of increased slots for eggs and hatchlings is the most important site change for me. The Biomes move fine for me, and the AP ain't broke in my book, so please don't "fix" it. The block sort enabled in Alternate Custom Sort fixed any sorting issues I had, and none of the BSAs in the pipe are that big a deal. Maybe Reconcile, and I got a kick out of Sandwich, but these don't make or break the game for me. This is what I want.

And at this point, the old suggestion I made, with Diamond at the top, (and 2200 dragons on my scroll at that time) sounds even more realistic than it did when I made it. However, in lieu of TJ's comment about the 1/3 ratio for egg slots to total slots, and my current views on what I believe I can handle, I would modify my suggestion like this:

Bronze - 50 Dragons - 5 eggs/15 hatchlings

Silver - 200 Dragons - 6 eggs/18 hatchlings

Gold - 500 Dragons - 7 eggs/21 hatchlings

Platinum - 1000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings

Ruby - 2500 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings

Emerald - 5000 Dragons - 12 eggs/36 hatchlings

Sapphire - 10,000 Dragons - 15 eggs/45 hatchlings

Diamond - 20,000 Dragons - 20 eggs/60 hatchlings

Mithril was just a joke level at the time, and I still consider it to be unnecessary at this point, but in another couple of years, who knows? wink.gif

I also have an elevated level posted in the Unreasonable Requests thread, if you want to know where I'd really like to go! xd.png