nynaevesilverwind

ANSWERED:New Trophies

What do you think would be ideal?  

434 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow, this thread has moved so fast in just a few days! It's great to see that everyone is still very much interested in the topic!

I'll pop in tomorrow when I'll have time, and update the suggestion list in the OP, because I've seen some amazing suggestions thrown out there (I especially like the idea of having extra freeze/kill slots for reaching higher trophies, I think that would address some of the concerns about having too many eggs/hatchies). I only had time to skim the new posts today, so I'll also be able to more fully read and answer them. happy.gif

I like that idea. make it diamond or platinum at 1000 dragons, 8/24, and then give a star or gem every 1000 new dragons.

Because 7... is a very odd number.

Same. I support the idea only because of this reason.

Honestly I would be happy if we could just get pretty trophies without any further advantages, but if I can get a few extra hatchie slots, or freeze, or kill slots that would help immensly. smile.gif

These numbers and the types of badges seem really weird...why would you go from platinum to ruby? I could understand diamond and mithril, but I'd take out ruby, sapphire, and emerald. I doubt those are worth more than gold (at least per gram or something). I really enjoy mithril being there. Maybe you could add something like "Legend" or something after mithril?

Ruby's numbers, 2500 and 9/27, make sense. But then 6000, 12000, and 20000 don't... I also think that the hatchlings should stay at 3 times the eggs you can have. Besides, if we could get freezing limits either increased or completely lifted, I think that many would be totally fine.

I suggest making a few changes to the list:

Bronze - 50 Dragons - 5 eggs/15 hatchlings

Silver - 200 Dragons - 6 eggs/18 hatchlings

Gold - 500 Dragons - 7 eggs/21 hatchlings

Platinum - 2,500 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings

Diamond - 10,000 Dragons - 9 eggs/27 hatchlings

Mithril - 25,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings

Legend - 50,000 Dragons - 10 eggs/30 hatchlings

(Besides, maybe the Legend one would have a little GoN figure for the statue :cool.gif

First, the problem with cutting out those levels would be that then there are HUGE gaps between trophies. By having the levels you suggest, there would be an enormous gap between Gold and Platinum, and Platinum and Diamond that is way huge.

Now, the reason I have things spaced the way I do is because if the gaps are TOO large, especially between Ruby and Diamond, then it becomes very difficult to keep going after the badge because of how long you go without any reward.

I do like the idea of Legend though.

But you guys are the exceptions, not the rule. I think those numbers should be based more on what a "typical user" could catch from the cave and raise in a year. A gold scroll, working just in the cave, can raise about 50 dragons every two weeks. That's about 1200 to 1300 dragons a year. And frankly, why should TJ institute a player trophy for a level 99% of the user base will never see? Something no one now is close to?

If you put the higher trophies only at the level that such power gamers like you and rubyshoes achieve you put them out of reach for a large portion of the players. That would take a "typical" player like that 33 years to achieve your top trophy. I don't think that's a very reasonable level to set.

Maybe my numbers are a bit too low. I think numbers in 10's of thousands is far too high though.

And Sci, I like gemstones after metals. tongue.gif

Precious metals are precious, but gemstones even more so. (not arguing, just stating my preference)

I'm nowhere near where they are, but my scroll has been growing at faster than 50 every two weeks. And I've got a breeding project in the works that will put around 16,000 caveborns alone on my scroll, not counting the offspring. Dragcave is getting to the point where we have a lot more people with huge scrolls, way beyond what anyone would have thought when this site was first started. TJ's even stated he hopes to reach the point where he can set up Dragcave to be his sole job and dedicate all of his time to it. If he's at that point, why can't the rest of us be thinking in terms of the next several years and thousands of dragons?

Furthermore, what's the issue with only a few people reaching the highest trophy? I don't know that I'd manage it, but the people that did would have something to commemorate their achievement that was really special BECAUSE of how hard it was to get. If DC reaches the point where everyone has a gold trophy, then how is that special at all? I truly believe that we need to plan for the extended continuation of this site, because so many of the users are super dedicated to their scroll projects and goals, and to the site as a whole. Simply put, we've outgrown the initial expectations of Dragcave, so now it needs to grow with us and catch up a bit.

I'm glad to see this thread back again, as this conversation is of great interest to me.

I am reposting my comments on the original numbers suggested from earlier in the thread, because it seems like numbers have been bouncing up and down from the suggestions I made, which seemed to be liked by many of our more experienced people.

This also includes my reasoning on the numbers I chose, and I still like these numbers, along with the later suggestion to add Mithril, at either 40,000, as I suggested, or 50,000 as someone else suggested.

Or (shorthanded by Cyradis4 - thank you!)

And for those who think these numbers are unrealistically high, I am now at 3385 dragons, eggs and hatchlings total on my scroll, having raised over 1100 dragons within this year, with another month and a half still to go. Rubyshoes is more than doubling what I do in a month, and there are a good number of people who fall somewhere in between me and rubyshoes. smile.gif

Yes, I liked your numbers when I first saw them. The reason I tweaked them a bit was to keep the "double and then some" ratio that TJ already had going for a little bit further. I also really like the idea of Mithril being a solid 50,000. That might just be my strange sense of symmetry though. I had honestly thought I already changed Diamond to 25,000 awhile back, but that was toward when I had to leave DC for a bit, so I probably just forgot. For now I've updated the numbers. I have however, added your list to the new alternate levels list.

First, the problem with cutting out those levels would be that then there are HUGE gaps between trophies. By having the levels you suggest, there would be an enormous gap between Gold and Platinum, and Platinum and Diamond that is way huge.

Now, the reason I have things spaced the way I do is because if the gaps are TOO large, especially between Ruby and Diamond, then it becomes very difficult to keep going after the badge because of how long you go without any reward.

I do like the idea of Legend though.

Did you even see my latest values? :c Besides, those values there are only slightly different from the ones that had been in the OP. I just thought they would make more sense.

I've changed the numbers a lot from that post you quoted, and I wish my final list had been evaluated over that list there...

This is the latest one, and it seems to be liked:

Bronze - 50 Dragons - 5 eggs/15 hatchlings - 12 Freeze/5 Kill

Silver - 200 Dragons - 6 eggs/18 hatchlings - 14 Freeze/6 Kill

Gold - 500 Dragons - 7 eggs/21 hatchlings - 16 Freeze/7 Kill

Platinum - 1,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings - 18 Freeze/8 Kill

Diamond - 2,500 Dragons - 8 eggs/27 hatchlings - 19 Freeze/9 Kill

Mithril - 5,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/30 hatchlings - 20 Freeze/10 Kill

Legend - 10,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/32 hatchlings - Unlimited Freeze/15 Kill

I was taking into consideration everything people were saying about wanting challenge, 8 eggs for evenness, etc.

Did you even see my latest values? :c Besides, those values there are only slightly different from the ones that had been in the OP. I just thought they would make more sense.

I've changed the numbers a lot from that post you quoted, and I wish my final list had been evaluated over that list there...

This is the latest one, and it seems to be liked:

Platinum - 1,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings - 18 Freeze/8 Kill

Diamond - 2,500 Dragons - 8 eggs/27 hatchlings - 19 Freeze/9 Kill

Mithril - 5,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/30 hatchlings - 20 Freeze/10 Kill

Legend - 10,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/32 hatchlings - Unlimited Freeze/15 Kill

I was taking into consideration everything people were saying about wanting challenge, 8 eggs for evenness, etc.

Yes I did, I've just been answering as I came to posts that I had input on. My problem with these numbers is that there are already a decent number of users nearing or beyond 5,000 dragons. That would only give them one trophy to shoot for before they were back in the same position they are now, with nothing to strive for aside from personal goals.

I agree with Wiz, when he pointed out that sometimes we take the idea that EVERYONE must be able to reach the highest achievements too far. I personally believe that the people who are dedicated enough to get their scroll to 50,000 dragons deserve to be recognized for that achievement. It doesn't devalue any of the other achievements or trophies to have some above them. It's still special and outstanding if you only reach Emerald or Sapphire level, because that's a lot of dragons and took a lot of work. It's like how the gold trophies used to be really special, and having one on your scroll was something to be really proud of. Now, SO many people have them, that when you get one it's more of a milestone than an achievement. It's something everyone does. If we make it so that everyone can easily, with time spent on the site, get even the highest trophies, then we'll just be right back where we are now.

Also, unlimited hatchies seems like an unrealistic thing to ask for. Even if TJ agreed, it would completely unbalance the game in my opinion.

That being said, I do really like the idea of additional freezing and kill slots. I'm almost always out of freezes because I freeze messy lines that I grab from the AP so that I don't accidentally breed them. And there are just so many messy lines out there....

Edited by nynaevesilverwind

"decent number of users"

I don't really know about that. I think 50k is WAY too high. That's for people who are playing nonstop, collecting eggs and breeding and doing all of that. Most users are not like that. Those few you mention are exceptions, like Fionna said. They're the outliers. Most people I've seen with a bunch of dragons are approaching 2-3k, not 10k.

And I promise you, even 10k is quite high for a majority of the users, myself included.

YES, the higher numbers are possible, but most of us play dragcave because of the relaxed, casual setting. 10k for a person like that is a high enough goal to reach, I think.

I NEVER said everyone needed to be a winner. But 50k? That's a ridiculously high number any way you cut it. Maybe a star could be added next to the trophy if you reach 50k or something, but I really think that's a ridiculously hard number to obtain for most of the users.

You want an end goal that seems to be challenging but attainable. While not everyone needs to be the gold medalist, dragcave also IS NOT the Olympics. You're not using the skills you've mastered over the years to beat the competition and earn the gold medal. This trophy, marking how many dragons you have, is just an achievement like other in-game achievements (like the stuff on Xbox, PS3, even the trainer card in Pokemon and the achievements in Pokemon Black 2/White 2/X/Y).

With 50k, it feels too much like you're catering to the hardcore players. But for the longevity of this game, the endgoal should be something that a casual gamer can maybe eventually get, because they're the majority of the players. The hardcore will, more often than not, ALWAYS be there.

EDIT:

Also, unlimited hatchis was tossed out the window. Even I thought it was extreme, but I asked out of curiosity. c:

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Furthermore, what's the issue with only a few people reaching the highest trophy?  I don't know that I'd manage it, but the people that did would have something to commemorate their achievement that was really special BECAUSE of how hard it was to get.  If DC reaches the point where everyone has a gold trophy, then how is that special at all?  I truly believe that we need to plan for the extended continuation of this site, because so many of the users are super dedicated to their scroll projects and goals, and to the site as a whole.  Simply put, we've outgrown the initial expectations of Dragcave, so now it needs to grow with us and catch up a bit.

poking my head in here...

regarding the whole "i'll never get that many dragons because i'm a 'casual player'" debate... creating higher trophy tiers would not only create more incentives for older users to keep playing, but inspire newbies (and even older casual users) to aim for that kind of goal. for example, i used to see gold trophies and think, "wow. i hope that someday i'll have that many dragons, too!" (which still happens, haha). i think it mostly depends on how much free time you have to devote to catching/raising dragons. if you are truly dedicated to your goal but consider yourself to be a casual player, it will simply take a little longer. after all, trophies are supposed to be rewards for reaching achievements.

however, i think 50,000 is a bit too much, at least for now. that's just... jeez. sticking to the default 100-dragons-per-page setting (that is default, right), that would be 500 pages of dragons... the most i've seen is around 75 pages, and those are people who started playing fairly early (like just months after the cave first launched). perhaps we could stagger trophy releases?? like, we first release three (or four, but three is nice and even) trophies, and then every subsequent year a new trophy for a higher level comes out.

Edited by Emeraude

however, i think 50,000 is a bit too much, at least for now. that's just... jeez. sticking to the default 100-dragons-per-page setting (that is default, right), that would be 500 pages of dragons... the most i've seen is around 75 pages, and those are people who started playing fairly early (like just months after the cave first launched). perhaps we could stagger trophy releases?? like, we first release three (or four, but three is nice and even) trophies, and then every subsequent year a new trophy for a higher level comes out.

I like this idea, too, but then you'd have to keep thinking of new trophy names/designs, unless it just keeps getting decorated. And then what would the rewards be? If it's just a graphical reward, it won't be all that....well, rewarding.

"decent number of users"

I don't really know about that. I think 50k is WAY too high. That's for people who are playing nonstop, collecting eggs and breeding and doing all of that. Most users are not like that. Those few you mention are exceptions, like Fionna said. They're the outliers. Most people I've seen with a bunch of dragons are approaching 2-3k, not 10k.

And I promise you, even 10k is quite high for a majority of the users, myself included.

YES, the higher numbers are possible, but most of us play dragcave because of the relaxed, casual setting. 10k for a person like that is a high enough goal to reach, I think.

I NEVER said everyone needed to be a winner. But 50k? That's a ridiculously high number any way you cut it. Maybe a star could be added next to the trophy if you reach 50k or something, but I really think that's a ridiculously hard number to obtain for most of the users.

You want an end goal that seems to be challenging but attainable. While not everyone needs to be the gold medalist, dragcave also IS NOT the Olympics. You're not using the skills you've mastered over the years to beat the competition and earn the gold medal. This trophy, marking how many dragons you have, is just an achievement like other in-game achievements (like the stuff on Xbox, PS3, even the trainer card in Pokemon and the achievements in Pokemon Black 2/White 2/X/Y).

With 50k, it feels too much like you're catering to the hardcore players. But for the longevity of this game, the endgoal should be something that a casual gamer can maybe eventually get, because they're the majority of the players. The hardcore will, more often than not, ALWAYS be there.

EDIT:

Also, unlimited hatchis was tossed out the window. Even I thought it was extreme, but I asked out of curiosity. c:

First off, the beauty of how DC is set up is that there IS NO endgame. People who don't want to aim for the highest trophies don't have to. You suggest that people who work the hardest at catching and breeding on this site don't deserve to continually have something to strive for, simply because they ARE working so hard at it that they passed regular users? And actually, I've personally seen at least 100 different users with more than 3000 dragons on their scrolls, just from noticing people's signatures around the forums and paying attention to how many pages users have when I look at their scrolls. We can have trophies for every level, that's why I have so many in the first post at so many levels. If you think you'll only ever reach 10,000 dragons, why do you care if the people who have more than that get a trophy too?

I don't think it's necessary to keep raising the egg limit, 7 is already enough.

Think of it this way, it's Halloween, there are people who can only take 4 eggs, and there are people who can take 12 eggs, that wouldn't be fair would it?

But pretty trophy or nice badges would be most wonderful. wink.gif

poking my head in here...

regarding the whole "i'll never get that many dragons because i'm a 'casual player'" debate... creating higher trophy tiers would not only create more incentives for older users to keep playing, but inspire newbies (and even older casual users) to aim for that kind of goal. for example, i used to see gold trophies and think, "wow. i hope that someday i'll have that many dragons, too!" (which still happens, haha). i think it mostly depends on how much free time you have to devote to catching/raising dragons. if you are truly dedicated to your goal but consider yourself to be a casual player, it will simply take a little longer. after all, trophies are supposed to be rewards for reaching achievements.

I'm all for staggering releases. The entire point of this thread is to plan on trophies for the next several years, and given how many people have thousands of dragons now I don't think it's overambitious to think that in 3-4 years the most dedicated could be looking at 50,000 dragons as a reasonable goal to reach. I think if we could start out with trophies going through Sapphire, then we could stagger the release of Diamond and Mithril. Perhaps Diamond 18 months after Sapphire, and then Mithril 2 years after that.

First off, the beauty of how DC is set up is that there IS NO endgame.  People who don't want to aim for the highest trophies don't have to.  You suggest that people who work the hardest at catching and breeding on this site don't deserve to continually have something to strive for, simply because they ARE working so hard at it that they passed regular users?  And actually, I've personally seen at least 100 different users with more than 3000 dragons on their scrolls, just from noticing people's signatures around the forums and paying attention to how many pages users have when I look at their scrolls.  We can have trophies for every level, that's why I have so many in the first post at so many levels.  If you think you'll only ever reach 10,000 dragons, why do you care if the people who have more than that get a trophy too?

I said endgoal, as in the trophies, not endgame.

The real problem with the suggestion is that as more people reach any goal you set, people will keep wanting it to be higher. It makes a huge discrepancy between the beginners and the people with 50k+ dragons. I think 10k is still a huge discrepancy, but it's not nearly as gigantic.

But exactly, people who don't want to aim for the highest don't have to. People don't have to aim for 10k...but 50k still seems WAY too unreasonable imo.

And having all of those trophies just doesn't seem necessary...it's a lot of trophies to go through.

But really, a very small percentage of DC players actually have 3000+ dragons. Even they will still require at least two years to get to 10k, I think, if they're diligent enough.

Why does it have to be 50k? If you REALLY think 10k just isn't challenging enough, in my opinion, don't go beyond 25k. It's in between 10k and 50k...would that be satisfyingly high enough?

Platinum - 2,500 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings - 18 Freeze/8 Kill

Diamond - 7,500 Dragons - 8 eggs/27 hatchlings - 19 Freeze/9 Kill

Mithril - 15,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/30 hatchlings - 20 Freeze/10 Kill

Legend - 25,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/32 hatchlings - Unlimited Freeze/15 Kill

I don't like the way the numbers are spaced, exactly, but I don't want a whole glob of new trophies, either. I would have to recalculate hatchling, freeze, and kill numbers. :c

Also if you really want gem trophies, it would go sapphire, emerald, ruby after platinum but before diamond, as that way the value of the gem would be increasing realistically.

If it really can't be less than 50k to be acceptable and with all of those trophies...ugh.

Silver - 200 Dragons - 6 eggs/18 hatchlings - 14 Freeze/5 Kill

Gold - 500 Dragons - 7 eggs/21 hatchlings - 16 Freeze/5 Kill

Platinum - 1,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings - 18 Freeze/6 Kill

Sapphire - 2,500 Dragons - 8 eggs/25 hatchlings - 20 Freeze/7 Kill

Emerald - 5,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/26 hatchlings - 22 Freeze/8 Kill

Ruby - 7,500 Dragons - 8 eggs/27 hatchlings - 24 Freeze/9 Kill

Diamond - 15,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/28 hatchlings - 26 Freeze/11 Kill

Mithril - 25,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/30 hatchlings - 28 Freeze/13 Kill

Legend - 50,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/32 hatchlings - Unlimited Freeze/15 Kill

?

My brain hurts Dx

I REALLY despise all of the trophies and the obnoxiously high number of dragons needed...but if that's how it has to be, to "encourage long-time players". :\

I REALLY despise all of the trophies and the obnoxiously high number of dragons needed...but if that's how it has to be, to "encourage long-time players". :\

me too...

i personally don't like adding the precious stones to the trophies. we don't have any precious stone dragons (although there are probably a bunch of threads for them in dragon requests), so it would be a completely new concept. also, all the trophies are based on precious metals, not stones (bronze, silver, and gold, not sapphire, ruby, and diamond). not even diamond, i think. it wouldn't make any sense to interrupt the precious metals pattern with a sudden precious stone, and then go back to the metals. but this is just me being particular about patterns...

i still like the legend trophy, to cap it all off. just really cool.

edwardelricfreak's list (minus the sapphire/ruby/emerald) is my personal favorite... i just can't think of anything to replace diamond. i tried the wikipedia page but the only thing even vaguely suitable that i found was palladium, which few people know about...

Yes, I liked your numbers when I first saw them.  The reason I tweaked them a bit was to keep the "double and then some" ratio that TJ already had going for a little bit further.  I also really like the idea of Mithril being a solid 50,000.  That might just be my strange sense of symmetry though.  I had honestly thought I already changed Diamond to 25,000 awhile back, but that was toward when I had to leave DC for a bit, so I probably just forgot.  For now I've updated the numbers.  I have however, added your list to the new alternate levels list.

Thank you. smile.gif

I also think your post about staggering the additions is a good idea. I know there will be players (and NOT me!) who will pass the 10,000 level within the next year, so levels up to 20,000 now really aren't that unrealistic. I'm running about 120 dragons a month, and while I will top out around 3500 by the end of this year, apparently some have found ways to add 250 dragons or more in a month. I think someone actually managed about 450 dragons in ONE MONTH! blink.gif At this point, I can't do those kinds of numbers, and I don't know that I'd even want to try. I do have a rl.

However, this is the future of the Cave, and the small estimates don't work for me. It will still take a little while to reach Mithril, whether its 40,000 or 50,000, but there are people who will get there as fast as they can.

ETA: Just saw the revised first post and wanted to add a hug for all the rl stuff. i know what you are going through! <3

Edited by dragongrrl

idk any more guys. I just don't know. XD I'm trying to find ways of having good lists that have good levels and challenge and stuff.

Also, if we want to stick to solely metals, we could use palladium (I think it's more known some others), orichalcum and adamantite. Adamantite replaces diamond.

Silver - 200 Dragons - 6 eggs/18 hatchlings - 14 Freeze/5 Kill

Gold - 500 Dragons - 7 eggs/21 hatchlings - 16 Freeze/5 Kill

Platinum - 1,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/24 hatchlings - 18 Freeze/6 Kill

Palladium - 2,500 Dragons - 8 eggs/25 hatchlings - 20 Freeze/7 Kill

Mithril - 5,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/26 hatchlings - 22 Freeze/8 Kill

Orichalcum - 7,500 Dragons - 8 eggs/27 hatchlings - 24 Freeze/9 Kill

Adamantite - 15,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/28 hatchlings - 26 Freeze/11 Kill

Legend - 25,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/30 hatchlings - 28 Freeze/13 Kill

TJ09 - 50,000 Dragons - 8 eggs/32 hatchlings - Unlimited Freeze/15 Kill

I...need another metal.

EDIT: oh wow I just remembered what I was originally going to post and then was distracted by shiny metals.

Maybe the trophies only reach a certain point, but somewhere there could be a leaderboard showing like the top 10 with the most dragons? I'm sure leaderboards or something like them have been suggested in the past, but I think it would be good to have the trophies go up to a certain point (NOT 50k, maybe 25k so I don't have to find another metal) and then from there on you just race with the other players to be on top of the list, or at least make the list.

And by leaderboard, I mean onsite, not the DC Records

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I still *really* disagree with the insanely high number of dragons needed for the higher trophies. As I said before, it would take most "power users" at LEAST 15-20 years to get 50k dragons! That's just not right.

According to http://dcrecords.tj09.net, the HIGHEST number of dragons on a scroll at this point is 6,804. That's not even at the 3rd-highest trophy!! I think with that information we can safely assume that even "power players" don't need something as outlandish as a 50k trophy to shoot for. It'll simply never be reached!

I still *really* disagree with the insanely high number of dragons needed for the higher trophies. As I said before, it would take most "power users" at LEAST 15-20 years to get 50k dragons! That's just not right.

According to http://dcrecords.tj09.net, the HIGHEST number of dragons on a scroll at this point is 6,804. That's not even at the 3rd-highest trophy!! I think with that information we can safely assume that even "power players" don't need something as outlandish as a 50k trophy to shoot for. It'll simply never be reached!

TJ's site only lists those who log in, and does not automatically update old posters as their scrolls grow. There are users with scroll totals way above some of the numbers posted on TJ's site.

Edited by dragongrrl

You guys do know that TJ himself only has about 200 dragons, right? So setting the "top level" as TJ09 doesn't make any sense.

And Marie19R is saying what I've been saying all along. There are very few DCers even close to your Mithril level. And those are power gamers. It seems unrealistic to use them as the measuring stick. You can talk about veterans needing challenges all you want, but most of the veterans don't have those huge numbers of dragons.

I've been playing devotedly since October of 2008. I haven't tried to max out numbers, but I pretty much always have a least some growing dragons. I am not yet at 2000 dragons. That's after playing for 5 years.

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't make sense to me to add trophies now that no one can obtain within the next 6 months. In fact, I'd go as far as saying if there's no one there now it doesn't make sense to add it. Why add something that no one can use yet?

You guys do know that TJ himself only has about 200 dragons, right? So setting the "top level" as TJ09 doesn't make any sense.

And Marie19R is saying what I've been saying all along. There are very few DCers even close to your Mithril level. And those are power gamers. It seems unrealistic to use them as the measuring stick. You can talk about veterans needing challenges all you want, but most of the veterans don't have those huge numbers of dragons.

I've been playing devotedly since October of 2008. I haven't tried to max out numbers, but I pretty much always have a least some growing dragons. I am not yet at 2000 dragons. That's after playing for 5 years.

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't make sense to me to add trophies now that no one can obtain within the next 6 months. In fact, I'd go as far as saying if there's no one there now it doesn't make sense to add it. Why add something that no one can use yet?

I put TJ09 as a joke on that list, as I was trying to think of ideas and just couldn't.

I still agree with you and Marie though.

In my opinion, 10k dragons really is plenty. If the OP and others really don't agree with that...well then I'm sorry but I think I'll just stop posting because my efforts in arguing my point aren't getting anywhere. :c

i think if they were to carry out this idea the most they should do is atlest the Platinum Trophy definitely

I put TJ09 as a joke on that list, as I was trying to think of ideas and just couldn't.

I still agree with you and Marie though.

In my opinion, 10k dragons really is plenty. If the OP and others really don't agree with that...well then I'm sorry but I think I'll just stop posting because my efforts in arguing my point aren't getting anywhere. :c

You seem to think that we have to decide the exact number right this second. If you hadn't noticed, your list has been added to the first post, along with dragongrrl's suggested numbers. This thread is about discussing many different possibilities. I personally think that your numbers are too low. I know that I would want the challenge of reaching the highest levels. But that doesn't mean your numbers aren't worth recognizing. Eventually, we'll do a series of polls to gather data about many people's preferences on all the different ideas we're gathering. Just because some of us don't agree with you, it doesn't mean you should leave, otherwise how there will be argument and growth of various ideas? The only reason my list is used throughout the first post is because in order to have an easily readable list of ideas, they need to be using the same set of levels. That's why there are so many ideas listed, so that we can look at the pros and cons of all of them. Eventually, we'll probably look at compromise ideas as well, but right now fighting so hard for your exact idea is counter productive to what we're trying to achieve here.

This is why we've suggested staggering the release of new trophies. Those of us who would like the higher levels understand that it will take some time for them to be reachable, but we'd like to plan for the eventuality that we WILL reach those numbers. And with the propensity for requesting hatchies instead of eggs in trades, and the constant incuhatchable eggs in the AP, it won't take nearly as long as you think to get to crazy high numbers. Especially for people who log on daily and keep full.