PonyTales

Change in the AP format?

I honestly think this whole new AP system is completely awful. At this rate I don't think it will ever unclog and the caves will never be open except for when the hourlys happen (which for some reason have been shortened to only five minutes now.) The reason I think this is because the way the AP used to be made people click on common eggs to see if there was anything in limbo... Now people don't really have to, if that makes any sense. I will elaborate if someone asks me to tongue.gif

That is a very valid point. I have found myself doing the same thing--- waiting for the new AP to come up. Not that I take commons, from the AP or otherwise, but I see what you're getting at.

Nah, the AP is always clogged for a few weeks after a new release, because people are so busy grabbing anything that's not the new egg and chucking it into the AP after the cooldown's over. It's not a sign that the AP is borked or blocker breeds are a problem, it's just a disappointing by-product of new releases.

The frenzy will die down soon--the number of people staking out the Alpine biome is already down by half.

It's a bit confusing how it's switching back and forth, but I really like the new format. smile.gif I hope it's here to stay!

I see mostly the cave blockers; the mixed AP shows up 1 refresh in 20. -.- It's aggravating.

I just went through a lot more than 20 refreshes and the wall of blockers never did go away - the whole AP was clogged with crap. Not a decent grabbable egg in the lot. Over and over.

Not liking this so much.

Not very pleased with the new format either. I mostly see the common wall, which is totally uninteresting for me.... expect for Terraes...

I liked the 10min hourly drop though. Sad it´s gone again... sad.gif

Edited by Idril

It's not doing much in keeping the AP empty, is it. I haven't seen the cave unblocked for weeks and I really miss the ten minute drops.

Do you guys think it is still because of the STDs?

it does feel like its taking longer for the cave to reset itself to normal after this new release.

personally, i wish the AP would just make up its forsaken mind on which way it wants to view; i think the switching back and forth is whats keeping the AP from moving as fast as it normally does after a new release.

Restore the 10 minute drop at the top of the hour, and undo the changes to the AP, and I'll be content.

The AP schizophrenia is a little daunting for me.

Is it just me, or is the AP back to normal? o.O I've been refreshing for 10 minutes now and all I could see are the blockers.

xx:11 and the Cave drop is lingering! Very nice!

ETA: Of course, I reflex clicked a Red and missed ANOTHER Gold, ending up with a Tan Ridgewing i never even saw to lock up again! lol!

Edited by dragongrrl

xx:15 now...still not blocked. blink.gif

TJ tinkering again!

It would be nice if we had at least 10 min drops again.

@_@

It would be nice if we had at least 10 min drops again.

@_@

Reread my post, hun. Right now it's going on a 20 min drop xd.png

I've noticed that there almost seem to be two different APs now... refreshing in the AP, I'd sometimes see a wall of blockers... say, pebbles, grays, etc, and sometimes I'd see a huge variety of breeds, and it would switch back and forth.

xx:30 and still going!

ETA: the Biome drops, that is! biggrin.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

Reread my post, hun. Right now it's going on a 20 min drop xd.png

I know, but obviously it's just TJ tinkering.

The block stopped actually before the last drop. I was here at xx:59 and it was already open. I was like "wut is this?"

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but I cleared my cache (doing some stuff with something else) and went to go log back in but there was no captcha when I did.

It just seems odd to have this happen with the AP going funky and the cave as well.

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but I cleared my cache (doing some stuff with something else) and went to go log back in but there was no captcha when I did.

It just seems odd to have this happen with the AP going funky and the cave as well.

I noticed that as well. It's a bit odd.

I wonder what TJ is up to.

Hopefully he'll post a notice or something.

The cave is staying open biggrin.gif

It's spring break this week, at least here. TJ may be on vacation and taking time to play with code.

Cave is still open? blink.gif Am I missing another release? xd.png

No, it's just TJ tinkering, I think.

I can't seem to get the AP to show the new display no matter how many times I refresh. Sad face.

I haven't seen the variety of eggs since the cave has been unlocked either. It's been just a bunch of common blockers.

Nah, the AP is always clogged for a few weeks after a new release, because people are so busy grabbing anything that's not the new egg and chucking it into the AP after the cooldown's over. It's not a sign that the AP is borked or blocker breeds are a problem, it's just a disappointing by-product of new releases.

The frenzy will die down soon--the number of people staking out the Alpine biome is already down by half.

Well for a while that WAS great for me...so many incu-hatchable CB commons and nice lineages people just dumped that at this point I've exhausted all my influencing dragons since they would hatch quickly and I could move on and pick up whatever else I could find that I'm missing or anything else that caught my eye (pinks are a dragon I will probably never have enough of....)

I won't lie tho the fact that the cave has been open has made up for it being locked on that very specific group of eggs...sadly none of the common egg types I need that I DON'T need to influence aren't popping up...

...Never thought I'd ever see such a strange lack of orchedrakes...