PonyTales

Change in the AP format?

Yeh, when you get the wallocommons you have to refresh sometimes 8-9 times before it switches back, and it stays on the varied page a LOT shorter time.

Hm... perhaps the AP only shows one of each egg when there's enough variety to; otherwise, it's the "normal" format.

Or the worst. BECAUSE - with the switching it seems to take longer to load...

THIS - so this. Watch the bleeping slllooowwwllly loading is making me nuts!

I picked up a mint. Saw it was inbred, so abandoned it and went straight back to the AP to find another mint.

The very same mint I had just abandoned was back there and there were no other mints at all. After 3 minutes refreshing with the same mint staying there, I picked it up again. Went back and got the new mint that was underneath it and then reabandoned the inbred one.

I am not a fan of this new system because someone is forced to take something they don't want in order to even 'look' for something they do want.

The "one of each breed" happens to me around ten or so refreshes.

Also, each location shows the same eggs in the same places. So I could go to the Forest, then leave for the Desert, then go to the Apline to find the exact same thing.

Imagine how many variety eggs you miss having the chance to get just from being stuck on the blocker page... Kinda frustrating

Edited by Rascal

Oh dear, I have been dealing with the new format of AP. I must say

though my family is liking the change a bit because at least we are getting an

opportunity to catch something besides the wall of blockers. Just needs

to stay longer in each format, say perhaps changing every 5 minutes

instead of every 15 seconds.

Since we are unable to have CB's more than 5 minutes an hour, at least there is some opportunity for getting more than unwanted blockers.

Recently we noticed many low timers in AP and that was a great opportunity

which we hope will happen again also.

Edited by grammydragon

I don't really understand the new AP system... sometimes there is a wall of differents eggs and then I refresh the page and there is a different wall of ultra common eggs. Then I refresh again 3-4 times and here is the first wall again. Quite confusing... huh.gif

I think it'd be best if there was a set schedule for switching, say every 5 minutes it changes instead of this unpredictable confusion.

And of course, when it gets down to less than 5 full rows it shows all eggs.

The AP is now blocking at five minutes instead of ten which is very sad. I have been staying away from it because the switching formats annoys my OCD brain

I was hunting the AP hoping to get something good. For 5-10 minutes I got ONLY the common page loaded. This is not fair. I'm blocked only in the common page and have no chance of getting a good egg like an black or gold. In 10 minute I had the change to get to the other page only 3 times. Saw a gold egg and of course I didn't get it. This change is not the best. Other get all that is good and other get nothing. At least increase the chance to get on the rare/uncommon list of eggs.

At this point I think a better 'compromise' would be to have the first two rows all blockers and the rest being one of each....

At this point I think a better 'compromise' would be to have the first two rows all blockers and the rest being one of each....

I would agree with that. I like the way every egg was different page but I can't stand the switching back and forth I haven't been the ap since it started unless i needed a dummy egg.

For those of you who think the switch happens randomly, could you tell me if you think my take is implausible, or whether you think it might explain it? smile.gif I'm curious if it's a workable theory.

Hmm... honestly, I doubt it's random in any way... it probably just picks what variant to show people based on how full it is. If it's really super full, it shows you the compact version. Right now I imagine it's switching back and fro because it's near whatever limit was designed to decide whether the one or other version ought to be displayed.

Or I might be totally wrong, but that's my take.

I don't think that's likely. Considering the times on the eggs are getting higher, it's probably steadily clearing up the huge blockage from the recent release.

For those of you who think the switch happens randomly, could you tell me if you think my take is implausible, or whether you think it might explain it? smile.gif I'm curious if it's a workable theory.

I think it might be that way, since I picked up a geode egg when it was colorful, then checked again and it was blocker walls. Then I tossed back the geode and it was back to the variety wall.

Edit: could be something else, though. Like depending on how many types of breeds are in the AP.

Edited by Shadowdrake

So wait - with the old AP format, right now we would be stuck staring at a wall of commons 100% of the time, but with the new format we sometimes see a wide variety of eggs instead.

and people... don't like that... ?

... ... ... blink.gif

So wait - with the old AP format, right now we would be stuck staring at a wall of commons 100% of the time, but with the new format we sometimes see a wide variety of eggs instead.

and people... don't like that... ?

... ... ... blink.gif

people don't like having to stare at the common wall for more time than they stare at the one of each wall especially since we can't see rares go through the ap when stuck on the common wall. Or at least I know I don't like it .

Hmm... honestly, I doubt it's random in any way... it probably just picks what variant to show people based on how full it is. If it's really super full, it shows you the compact version. Right now I imagine it's switching back and fro because it's near whatever limit was designed to decide whether the one or other version ought to be displayed.

Or I might be totally wrong, but that's my take.

This is what I had assumed was happening: once there are at least 5 lines of eggs, the cave blocks, and once there are at least X eggs (or X lines), the AP view switches to a compact version that shows one of each breed behind the wall. When there are less than X eggs, we get the old AP view, even if it's mostly low-time blocker breeds at the top level. (ETA: I think the fact that it often 'sticks' in one view or other other for a while supports this theory, and switching back and forth only happens when we're riding right on that threshold. Or else it's just switched back to old view now.)

If that's the case, it's awesome: as annoying as the switch might be, it's a nice heads-up that the AP is (relatively) close to unblocking.

As regards the "I clicked it but it's not there, but it's still there" problem: I had that with the old AP too, where it didn't immediately register that an egg had been picked up and was unavailable. It's not new, but maybe the new compact view makes it more common?

Edited by schmupti

Yeah, aside from complaining about the switching being confusing, I think the only real complaint I saw about the variety wall was for cases of wanting to see different eggs available for each breed and not whatever random one or whatnot happened to be in front each time. ie, checking for different lineages, caveborns, etc. I know in the past I've spent a lot of time grabbing stuff from the AP to check its lineage and dropping it if it wasn't what I was looking for.

I would personally hope that holidays won't be exempted from this new system. Think about it. One of the big issues with the AP during the holidays is the wall preventing people from hunting the AP like normal, leaving a gigantic mass of ER or incuhatchable eggs that get released into the visible AP when the wall finally dissipates. And other than people looking to replace holidays they picked up last year, most established users have no use for most of the AP holidays, except for hollies, of course.

Just have it so the holiday egg queues take up the first egg spaces so if they're there you can see them. Sure, you'd only be able to see one yulebuck, but unless you're code hunting you're just picking a yulebuck at random to click from those available anyways. It would have to also be completely randomized, no sorting by time, so a messy lineaged and lower time [because everyone throws it back] egg can't stop the rest from being seen.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I'm quite fond of the "new" AP. I just hope that it will stay this way. It's much better now in my opinion!

I spent quite a while in the AP this afternoon. It seemed to go that two refreshes got the wall and the third got the variety. I took eggs from both!

I honestly think this whole new AP system is completely awful. At this rate I don't think it will ever unclog and the caves will never be open except for when the hourlys happen (which for some reason have been shortened to only five minutes now.) The reason I think this is because the way the AP used to be made people click on common eggs to see if there was anything in limbo... Now people don't really have to, if that makes any sense. I will elaborate if someone asks me to :P