PonyTales

Change in the AP format?

Well, I don't really like this AP format.

I mean, sometimes i refresh over a shiny egg then i hope for it to still be there, but then i get this other wall of eggs that I do not want. -.-

if it's random for every user, then it is not fair. What if some nice egg that I want shows up when I'm not 'there'? o.o

Plus, the inability to catch eggs sometimes when they are still floating around, but 'taken' for me. wth. (bug I already mentioned yesterday)

Really, not a fan of it.

I liked the old AP better.

Edited by earthgirl

If I get the wall of low time up, I stop refreshing. I can fairly easily click each egg as many people aren't picking them up. I am curious if we'll be able to clear it by next Sunday, as that is when I think his planned release would be, if he's still going to do that. If the ap stays clogged, I worry he might push it back. Given that, I grabbed some eggs in incubated them overnight and released them the next day back to the ap.

I thought TJ said the first Sunday of every month - next Sunday is only the day after St. Patrick's day, the 17th.

Just popping in to say that I love the new AP. I especially love how it's swapping between one and the other. I would SO have hatchie locked myself on incu-hatchables if I hadn't already been hatchie locked with stuff I wasn't dropping.

Having said that.... I've never seen the AP this clogged with this number of low time eggs this long after a normal drop. What fun!

Cheers!

C4.

Well, if he did 2 single releases I thought he might be planning for 2 sundays per month rather than one. Given that our last release was a single, he also said he'd like to do 2 per month. 2 per this month would have to be before next month, so to speak. The eggs are much higher time though, so it does seem to be clearing /woot!

Edit: at 2 per month and 3 months in, we are 5 releases behind! /shifty eyes

Edited by Vhale

I very much dislike this random switching of the two AP formats.

Agreed! I wouldn't mind either one of the formats (old or new) if it would just stay that way, but switching back and forth between the two is driving me nuts. I've decided to give up on the AP entirely for a while and just focus on breeding what I need. I can't catch anything the way its set up now, it's just too frustrating mad.gif

Agreed! I wouldn't mind either one of the formats (old or new) if it would just stay that way, but switching back and forth between the two is driving me nuts. I've decided to give up on the AP entirely for a while and just focus on breeding what I need. I can't catch anything the way its set up now, it's just too frustrating  mad.gif

This.

I love the new format, but I can still see a problem being that low-timers may not be picked up in time and that's why it's switching. I usually hunt in the AP and occasionally drop in on the cave at the turn of the hour or when i remember the drops.

The Ap switching back and forth is making it frustrating to hunt because I really want to see the other eggies in there (now that I've seen the new format) and it simply just annoys me that I can't.

Maybe we should have an option to choose which format we'd like to see of the AP in our options-menu on the cave?

The old format is still great for catching low-timers, but the new is better for variety.

Or perhaps the cave could simply recognize that when there's a certain number of low-time eggs (or a few eggs below a set time limit) and show the old format, then jump to the new format when the "issue" is resolved?

It took me 20 refreshes to get off the low time eggs and then 3 to get back on! sad.gif

Wouldn't it to be cool to be able to choose which ap you went to? ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by SilverMoonRain

I very much dislike this random switching of the two AP formats.

Me too. I'd rather just have the stacks of eggs or even the old format. Anything but random switching.

It switched back to the low time eggs after 1 refresh this time ohmy.gifsad.gif

Edit: Its now doing the opposite thing?! ohmy.gif

Edited by SilverMoonRain

Hmm... honestly, I doubt it's random in any way... it probably just picks what variant to show people based on how full it is. If it's really super full, it shows you the compact version. Right now I imagine it's switching back and fro because it's near whatever limit was designed to decide whether the one or other version ought to be displayed.

Or I might be totally wrong, but that's my take.

I refreshed and right after saw a shimmer-egg in the corner...

I knew it was unlikely but such things have happened before, it may still be there when the page re-loaded, at least I told myself that thinking of all the nice tinsels and and metals I had caught and even held back on clicking lately.

It went to the low-time page.

It was annoying before but now that was just PAINFUL

So yeah, I'm with the others, as I said before I liked the new one, but whatever you do, PICK ONE AND STICK WITH IT D:

Edited by DorkJulian

Yep, this is annoying. I took a couple of blockers out, and it's still full and on the same one.

Does anyone know what's happening?

I'm torn with this: like with some other's I'd prefer to pick a 'style' and stick with it, but...it's damned if you do damned if you don't thing in my case.

With one style, I hardly see anything worth picking up and is blah looking, but loads quickly.

With the other style, I have a lot of choices, but the page loads so slowly anything I may want would be gone by the time it shows up.

*le sigh*

I just want to know if we're all seeing the same page format or if some are seeing the 'multiples of the same egg' while others see the 'one of every breed' page.

If it's the former, I don't necessarily mind the switching between the two. If it's the latter... I really would like TJ to decide which of the pages we're going to have. It would be extremely unfair for someone to be stuck viewing the multiple types page while a rare egg has popped up on the one of every breed page for others to pick at.

Edited by TwilitProphet

There's an easy way to test if we are seeing the same page. We:

1) Hop onto the IRC.

2) Take a screenshot of the page every twenty second.

3) Upload to an imagehosting site

4) compare.

Edited by DarkEternity

Okay more "thoughtful" reply:

Now, I've got all 15 spaces filled (yes I'm a bronze trophy shutup) and only two of my eggs have a lineage, one a black stripe and one a lovely 5th gen stairstep silver tinsel.

ALL of my eggs and hatchlings right now are AP catches, I've basically been stocking up on a lot of the "gaps" in my collection, and the fact is, both of the styles had their advantages.

Granted, since a lot of what I wanted were very common, the page full of low-time eggs was GREAT for me, I got a spitfire egg with no cracks with one day left and he hatched shortly after I caught him, I'm adoring this little guy.

On the other hand while people complain that there are eggs that don't show up on the new system, but to me the old one can be very limited too. There are some that are considered "blockers" and "common" that STILL never pop up on the chronological page. Also, once all the eggs that were dropped after the Speckle Throats came out eventually cleared, and most of the eggs popping up in the chronological page have more than five days, so don't have the "incu-hatchable" appeal.

THAT ALL SAID the new system can be tough as well, if there is an egg of a certain type that no one wants and you're hoping for a better egg of the same breed to pop up, you're basically hoping someone else would see it and want it. Also, I've had the "I click it and it may even remain in the same spot for several refreshes but I can NEVER CATCH IT" deal happen with me. I mean, it happened before but not quite like that. Heck, it'd go to the old style, stay that way for a moment, than the new page would come back, I'd STILL see the egg with the same code MAYBE EVEN IN THE SAME PLACE and I still can't catch the booger.

And while this switching may be Teej trying to figure out what we like best OR trying to get the best "of both worlds" but it's obvious that alternating between both styles isn't flying with users.

Which of course brings us back to choosing between two systems that have flaws. Or maybe trying to synthizise a combo of the two that would be one page, but that's certainly not me, I'm not clever enough for that.

So yeah. Do I have a suggestion? No. Do I know what to say is my preference? Uuuuuhhhh...just not switching? I HAVE A HARD TIME COMITTING. Does this post even have any sort of point or is useful in any way? Probably not.

I wish I had something better to contribute, but oh well, this is what I have.

It probably has already been said but I rather dislike the new format simply because I have to refresh 20+ times to see newer eggs and every other time it just gives me a bunch of low time cave blockers. Maybe if it could flip back and forth for each refresh? I would like that more.

The new format isn't working so well for me.

It makes hunting the AP really hard, not knowing if a refresh is going to bring up the same eggs -- whereas before, a refresh might bring a certain egg closer to you, or bring back an egg-of-interest that was picked up and quickly dumped, now it might make you lose sight of a whole page of them.

Also, sometimes it's fun to check on all the variants of a type, such as when there are four or five Daydreams or Flamingos or something in the AP -- eggs that are not usually blockers, but are filling up a row or so temporarily. The new way, though, you only get one egg of a type at a time, which I feel is too limiting.

Plus, I get the feeling that with the switching, the blockers are moving way more slowly than normal, because everyone is holding out for the variety wall. It's driving me nuts, not knowing which is going to pop up, and feels like it's wasting people's time, if they are only interested in one or the other.

Well, we'll see what happens, I guess!

So what exactly is the AP doing right now??? It keeps switching between the two formats, and it's getting really annoying dry.gif I wish it would just STAY the newer format so I can actually do some hunting.

I have problems with hunting in the AP at the moment, too. I do not understand exactly why it is switching between the formats, but the way it is now it is very frustrating. Before the change the AP was also loading faster for me sad.gif .

So what exactly is the AP doing right now??? It keeps switching between the two formats, and it's getting really annoying dry.gif I wish it would just STAY the newer format so I can actually do some hunting.

TJ is giving us the best of both worlds

TJ is giving us the best of both worlds

Or the worst. BECAUSE - with the switching it seems to take longer to load...

I agree with this. The random switching is ineffective and unpleasant.