PonyTales

Change in the AP format?

I don't understand how the time counts in AP now.

Just saw a CB flamingo egg with 1h left, and then it turned into 1 day, so CB eggs go up a day when they've been through the AP.

But I often find CB uncommon eggs with 5d~ left in the AP these days... and normally the eggs would have been picked up before that.

Interesting.

Maybe this new format will give rise to a flood of neglecteds, hm....? wink.gif

That's interesting, never gave that a thought!

I don't understand how the time counts in AP now.

Just saw a CB flamingo egg with 1h left, and then it turned into 1 day, so CB eggs go up a day when they've been through the AP.

But I often find CB uncommon eggs with 5d~ left in the AP these days... and normally the eggs would have been picked up before that.

It's because the AP is so backed up because it's not blocking the cave. Not 'as many' eggs are being picked up, probably, so that's why we're seeing the backlog. On the other hand, since things are incu-hatchable I like to think that people are happier to pick things up from the AP and they're not forced to by cave block. smile.gif

I'm liking the current balance A LOT!!! I was wondering though - the hatcheries seem fuller than I have ever seen them - is the Cave growing with all this activity?

Edited by dragongrrl

I'm liking the current balance A LOT!!! I was wondering though - the hatcheries seem fuller than I have ever seen them - is the Cave growing with all this activity?

nah, it's because of all the low time eggs people are snapping up and incubating. A similar thing happened just after last Christmas (it was the first time I got even close to a full scroll lock).

nah, it's because of all the low time eggs people are snapping up and incubating. A similar thing happened just after last Christmas (it was the first time I got even close to a full scroll lock).

This just seems to be even more than the last couple of holidays. In any case, while I am often scroll-locked, I do seem to have a massive hatchie-lock going on right now! lol

It's because the AP is so backed up because it's not blocking the cave. Not 'as many' eggs are being picked up, probably, so that's why we're seeing the backlog. On the other hand, since things are incu-hatchable I like to think that people are happier to pick things up from the AP and they're not forced to by cave block. smile.gif

So the cause of 5d AP eggs is solely "AP not blocking cave anymore"?

I thought TJ has done something about AP egg time...

So the cause of 5d AP eggs is solely "AP not blocking cave anymore"?

I thought TJ has done something about AP egg time...

I don't think TJ has done anything to the egg time. If you grab an egg off the AP you can check the bred/laid date to see when they were created and it doesn't look like to me that TJ has changed/taken away any egg time.

Edited by rubyshoes

I don't think TJ has done anything to the egg time. If you grab an egg off the AP you can check the bred/laid date to see when they were created and it doesn't look like to me that TJ has changed/taken away any egg time.

Thanks for the explanations.

And I have to say I like the change, at least I've been AP hunting more than I used to.

Lol, it's great - and I've noticed mass quantities of people in there.

My Pygmy collection increaseth also, lol, among others, including some dragons I simply wouldn't have picked up unless Incuhatchable.

Yeah, the times are definitely not being messed with. I have to say I like it. By the time the eggs to the the front of the AP they're within incuhatch range and I can cycle them more quickly through my scroll. Currently I'm incuhating a buntch of cbs off the AP and freezing some of the commons whenever freezeslots open up... currently locked lol.

Right now my biggest problem is a lack of reds to incubate. I think I need a couple hundred lol

Haven't been stalking much, mostly due to lack of Reds. Once all my eggs hatch, I'm breeding all my Reds and building an incubation army of 35 Reds.

Haven't been stalking much, mostly due to lack of Reds. Once all my eggs hatch, I'm breeding all my Reds and building an incubation army of 35 Reds.

Get double that wink.gif

it is a very nice change

makes it easier to grab eggs without seeing lots of similar colors clog together

I'm absolutely LOVING the new change. It's nice to be able to go in, find an egg i'm looking for and be able to have a hatchling in less then a day. It really beats going to the caves, trying to figure out which one has the egg i'm looking for and wait for the caves to move to only miss the egg to another snatcher. I love this new AP. Please let it stay.

Eh, it's okay. I'd rather the variation style we had at first right after the old format was changed.

I think the new AP is wonderful! This is the first time in forever that I've been hatchie locked and/or out of reds to incubate. I've been able to work on building up some of my commons....love it biggrin.gif

Eh, it's okay. I'd rather the variation style we had at first right after the old format was changed.

When it was doing that, I couldn't get a click to land. Couldn't even pick up bad eggs. I did better in the Cave, for once. I love the AP now! <3

I am a bit worried about how low time the eggs are getting on the AP, although I love the almost insta-hatchies I have gotten. However, I bred a four nice-ish things off my scroll, like 2nd gen PB stripes and blacks that I thought would be picked up, and sent them to the AP. Now they are at 4d 22h and haven't gotten picked up even though all the eggs currently cycling through the AP have 5 days or more! Did they miss their window of opportunity or something?

Or no one wanted them sad.gif

Edited by Katykins2

I am a bit worried about how low time the eggs are getting on the AP, although I love the almost insta-hatchies I have gotten. However, I bred a four nice-ish things off my scroll, like 2nd gen PB stripes and blacks that I thought would be picked up, and sent them to the AP. Now they are at 4d 22h and haven't gotten picked up even though all the eggs currently cycling through the AP have 5 days or more! Did they miss their window of opportunity or something?

Or no one wanted them sad.gif

They gained 24 hours when they hit the AP, putting them at 5d 22h. They will get picked up fast as soon as they are visible, and will undoubtedly be appreciated by whoever gets them.

Woah - where have I been? I didn't even notice until I read this thread.

Nice! I like the change. smile.gif

Folks must be getting full/running out of incubates (or tired of being constantly locked xd.png): I'm starting to see under 5 day eggs just sit in the AP, at least for a little while before taken.

Folks must be getting full/running out of incubates (or tired of being constantly locked xd.png): I'm starting to see under 5 day eggs just sit in the AP, at least for a little while before taken.

Yep I'm locked with 20 electrics, and one seawyrm pygmy. My electric army will rule the world.

Yep I'm locked with 20 electrics, and one seawyrm pygmy. My electric army will rule the world.

I saw your electric army laugh.gif You can open up a power plant now wink.gif

I just picked up a CB costal waverunner, a CB black and a 3gen PB black (with alt parents!) in the AP.

Edited by love_HP

I've been nabbing a lot of nice eggs. I got a lovely tan ridgewing egg - 2nd gen. The only thing I don't like is the click sites are swamped with eggs and it's taking a long time for my ER eggs to hatch out. Other than that...this is awesome for those of us who want to work on our scroll goals.