PonyTales

Change in the AP format?

Regarding the increase in fansite use with all of these lovely low-time eggs, apparently !Soti's is coming back!, which should help admirably in dealing with the overflow.

Ouch sad.gif

And yeah, the current format will make it pretty impossible for someone to catch and give back as that egg probably will not show up in the AP for a few days.

I'm not sure if that is the case, as yesterday I bred an egg and didn't realize I was scroll locked, and it auto-abandoned. Immediately when I checked its code it was already picked up "the owner of this egg is accepting aid" etc.

So it not only auto-abandoned but was on the AP. It looks like they are landing there, albeit temporarily? Not sure how its working.

I'm finally carrying out my cunning plan of using my Reds to catch/hatch/dispatch some of the low-time eggs. Got a batch of 4 brewing at the moment, when they hatch I'll throw 'em back and get some more. Rinse, repeat! tongue.gif Was tempted to start a thread for doing this, but dunno where to put it...

I'm not sure if that is the case, as yesterday I bred an egg and didn't realize I was scroll locked, and it auto-abandoned. Immediately when I checked its code it was already picked up "the owner of this egg is accepting aid" etc.

So it not only auto-abandoned but was on the AP. It looks like they are landing there, albeit temporarily? Not sure how its working.

The best way to tell if an egg was picked up or not is by looking for the "actions" link on the page. I'm sure the AP also has the "do not help" quote on it.

I haven't looked at the cave in a while because of the low time eggs. I'm pretty much looking for magis, hybrids, and anything I need for freezing.

I love this, I love this, I love this!

I love catching eggs with only 5-ish days left on them, incubating them, and promptly having hatchlings! I love having the caves be constantly available, which makes hunting FUN again - I had all but given up on ever hanging out in the biomes because I have slower internet and could never catch anything worthwhile during that five minutes that they might be open. I love seeing actual rares and uncommons when it used to be that I'd maybe see them woosh by once a month - now I actually have a shot at catching them!

Dragon Cave just became 100% less frustrating and I've really been enjoying myself this week. biggrin.gif

I'm finally carrying out my cunning plan of using my Reds to catch/hatch/dispatch some of the low-time eggs. Got a batch of 4 brewing at the moment, when they hatch I'll throw 'em back and get some more. Rinse, repeat! tongue.gif Was tempted to start a thread for doing this, but dunno where to put it...

that sounds awesome. cool.gif hope more people do this

I do love that I haven't been forced to set foot in the AP in quite some time.

Honestly, of all the AP formats, I hate this one. Yeah, it's great being able to pick up incuhatchable eggs, but most of them aren't worth the incubate. Then they end up taking forever to hatch.

What sucks though is that any egg that goes into the AP sits there for 3 DAYS. I know there's some good eggs in there, I just can't get to them.

I guess my real problem is that the main caves are open all the time, and yet there's nothing worth catching anymore except metals and blusangs.

most of them aren't worth the incubate

Well, you can just ignore them if you don't want to incubate.

I know there's some good eggs in there, I just can't get to them.

The old AP is filled with grey/pebble/nocturne, etc. with 7 days. And I'm sure the "good" eggs hid behind walls of blockers in the old AP, too. In my opinion it's not the problem of the new AP; as a matter of fact, because of the new AP, people tend to be more willing to take up eggs from there, which means the AP "moves" more quickly, and you can see uncommon eggs more often. At least I find much more CB/nicely lineagd uncommons in the AP than ever.

Edited by love_HP

The first slot seems to be for 1day or less eggs now. s:

I like this, its like a hatchling fountain. >.<

The first slot seems to be for 1day or less eggs now. s:

I like this, its like a hatchling fountain. >.<

No need for incubates now? Some people in the IRC reported seeing CB metals go by, and I've seen blacks and pinks too.

Yes, I've seen dinos, silvers, a gold, blacks, stripes all go by... As well as the usual blockers that are all extremely ER in the first 1-3 spots xd.png

Maybe I'll be able to get my first CB metallic. I barely missed a CB Silver earlier. I got the "Unfortunately you were not fast enough" message sad.gif

Maybe I'll be able to get my first CB metallic. I barely missed a CB Silver earlier. I got the "Unfortunately you were not fast enough" message sad.gif

Good luck with hunting!

Something curious is happening for me though, some of the low time eggs do not have the AP generated /xxxxxxxx codes behind their normal code.

user posted image

Just missed another CB Silver and CB Gold sad.gif Even after almost 4 years of playing DC, I still can't catch a metallic dry.gif

Edited by HappyAppy

Good luck with hunting!

Something curious is happening for me though, some of the low time eggs do not have the AP generated /xxxxxxxx codes behind their normal code.

user posted image

I noticed this too, maybe it is a glitch.

Saw lots of glorys (mostly nights), purple dorsals, canopys, etc. Is anyone else finding this just a little bit weird? >.<

Their all CBs too, so probably werent abandoned but maybe generated in the AP? s:

Not to mention we've had CB low time metals fly by already..

Just what i think.. :> Correct me if i got anything wrong please..

Edited by suskekun222

Missed my 3rd CB Silver and 2nd CB Gold for tonight sad.gif That is about 15 metallics missed in one month! Maybe I should stick to trying to make Neglecteds and exchange them for the metallics I want unsure.gif

What. CB metals in the AP? xd.png

man! I wish I wasn't locked. Unfortunately, even if i was unlocked, I'd still miss them, unless dumb luck.

I noticed this too, maybe it is a glitch.

Saw lots of glorys (mostly nights), purple dorsals, canopys, etc. Is anyone else finding this just a little bit weird? >.<

Their all CBs too, so probably werent abandoned but maybe generated in the AP? s:

Not to mention we've had CB low time metals fly by already..

Just what i think.. :> Correct me if i got anything wrong please..

Yes, saw that, too, and first couldn't believe my luck. Now I'm nearly hatchie locked and out of Magis.... blink.gif

Edit: Just saw a low-low-time red dino egg. This is crazy! But interesting! Right now I love AP much more than any of the biomes. wink.gif

Edited by LostFate

I feel like I am much better at hunting these weird AP eggs than the eggs in the cave. I react much faster to the picture of the egg than the description of it. I wish cave hunting was like this too. XD

Yep CB metals. Would have just caught a silver, but I was overburdened. Clicked on it for kicks to confirm it really was a CB metal

Yup. saw a Gold earlier. But I can't catch those low-time eggs for the life of me... xd.png Oh well...

And another silver flew by. And I got, unfortunately, you are not quick enough *cries*

I just wish TJ said what's happening. I mean, I like this, but I'm kinda worried.