PonyTales

Change in the AP format?

Either we can have a wall of pebbles, waterhorses, etc, or we can have variety and more selection in reviewing the AP.

only choice.

It's how things where.

like I said earlier those first minutes after a new release is realized there are walls of goodies and other rares.

Maybe the switching is just a test to see which one we like better?

I don't really mind what it stays on, as I don't AP hunt that much, but I'd rather that it just chooses one so everyone can start adjusting to it.

only choice.

It's how things where.

like I said earlier those first minutes after a new release is realized there are walls of goodies and other rares.

But new release time shouldn't be the only time we see those goodies in general. With the old way, it was wall to wall blockers, usually.

I feel like I'm arguing witha sim guru about the online connections in the new EA games.

but there REALLY should be a vote or a poll or something .

it's not, it's just the easiest to catch, I know people who get together and mass breed, trying twenty or so pairs on dragons that are uncommon atthe time, seasonals was the breed last week before this change, before that I do believe it was a try for brines so newbies can catch them. with this, not even charity drops can happen properly.

Edited by Sorrowgrave

only choice.

It's how things where.

And before that selection was often blocked by the pebbles, spitfires etc that just sat and sat and sat because people didn't want them.

The first comments in response to this change were about how people saw MORE selection and were happy about it.

Queuing was already happening with the AP putting each individual person's eggs in a line, anyway... If I abandon one cb egg and four messy ones, you might see the messy ones before the cb anyway.

I have to say I don't care much either way. It's prettier to look at though happy.gif

I think I enjoyed the way it was before, but then again I'm a collector of certain commons, so I preferred to have a wide variety of pickings between the lineages. Now it's either this one, this or that. Ah well, I'll adjust.

I'm loving it. I kept more eggs from my AP hunting today than I have in... well ever. I grabbed low time CB's that I wouldn't have bothered with if they had been full time. I got a CB White, a nice lineaged low time Black that alted, and several nice tinsel-kins. Even with the one per breed rule I managed to get several nice Whites. I've enjoyed AP hunting today, really enjoyed it. No sitting there staring at wall after wall of unwanted eggs. IMHO it's a 100% positive change and I hope it's here to stay.

OK, It's awesome now. Look at all these incu-hatchable eggies ohmy.gif

Even ones that will hatch in a couple hours.

So I'm guessing it swaps?

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

That's what I was thinking as well. I like the way it swaps between the different "looks".

The AP keeps swapping, it's really weird... o_o

Oh the low time hordes o.O

I am so, so locked. And my sig now looks like it's comprised of line dancing hatchies xd.png

I like it best when it's one of every breed. That's super neat. Not a huge fan of the switching around but I would like the switching more if I understood what prompted each switch. Because I don't get it right now, but I doubt it's completely random.

Oh the low time hordes o.O

I am so, so locked. And my sig now looks like it's comprised of line dancing hatchies xd.png

Line dancing hatchies are the best kind xd.png

I need to unlock so I can do some hunting!

Interesting. Hatchlings are no longer bumped to the top of the AP. o_o

Interesting. Hatchlings are no longer bumped to the top of the AP. o_o

That's been going on for a bit now, I believe.

I'm confused about all this talk about TJ making changes without asking anyone.

Sure, an announcement as to what exactly is happening/will happen would've been nice, but we can't really say he hasn't asked anyone about anything. I'm pretty sure that ever since I've been on these forums there's almost always been a thread in Suggestions/Requests discussing ways to deal with the AP block. Yes, not started by him, but it would be a stretch to say he never even looked through one.

With that being said, it's interesting how the AP cycles through "styles" now.

Those incu-hatchables are driving me crazy.

I am out of freezes, and almost out of slots.

I like the switching AP. Low-time eggs for those of us who like to grab them, and a nice assortment for those who don't like a wall of green.

Those incu-hatchables are driving me crazy.

I am out of freezes, and almost out of slots.

I like the switching AP. Low-time eggs for those of us who like to grab them, and a nice assortment for those who don't like a wall of green.

Agree. I love the switching (I have a lot of freezes left - I've only used about 4 so far).

This is great! I love catching incuhatchable commons. Pity there are not many terraes to stuff myself with but I caught 2 and other 2 whatevers I saw laying around biggrin.gif

Now I have to wait until they hatch.

I did not think of freezing earlier, but I think the only hatchy I'm missing are new releases and turps. If I see a low time turp I'll have to nab it.

So now there are multiple of one breed in the AP? I wish we could hear a final word from TJ on this.

It's like there's 2 APs now

One with 1 of each type of egg, one with cave blockers, and I never know which will pop up with each refresh >.< weird.