PonyTales

Change in the AP format?

To quote this from my other post:

Also, another thing is that sometimes i click an egg, it says it's not in the abandoned area, but then in a split second i refresh again and it's still there. I clicked on a Gold egg twice, it was still there after i clicked and got the message, clicked again, another message, refreshed, still there, then gone. It was a little frustrating, because i clicked on it twice while it was still in the AP and still missed it. >.> Another user got it after all.

It was just ONE exemple of what happened to me today and I think it's a little more than strange.

Did this happen to anyone else? x.x

Happened to me couple of times.

And yes, it is frustrating.

Yes, I just put it down to the image not actually refreshing, since the same egg kept popping up in the same spot again even though other eggs were changing.

It didn't quite appear in the same spot for me. :/ all the eggs were randomized around it. First it appeared in the second to last spot, then in the second of the last row twice after I clicked it.

So they refresh.

maybe it's a bug where the egg keeps popping even though it's been picked up? Dunno. That, or the system decided against me having it.tongue.gif

I thought that was happening to me at first, however after a bit I realized that the eggs that were coming up had different times... it was just quickly cycling through multiple eggs. I did, however, eventually manage to grab a gold, though. But it took a while to realize that that, between the new AP format, was probably not the same egg that kept coming up.

@earthgirl: I had that happen, and I checked the code too. It was the same egg popping up several times.

I have to admit, I've found the one-breed thing rather irritating when I'm hunting for CB lineage starters, get a messy-lined one and toss it back, then can't even grab it again to get it out of the way of other eggs from that breed.

it's switching now. i'm really uncertain about this...

It's switching back and forth between the new and the old after a few refreshes. Kind of odd.

It's switching back and forth between the new and the old after a few refreshes. Kind of odd.

Just about to say that. Most of the time it's on new, but sometimes it reverts back. Weird.

Yeah, I kinda don't like it this way. It's too irregular.

When I saw all those different eggs, I was very happy. But now, I'm disappointed with the return of walls of eggs that nobody seems to want. And refreshing brings those on most of the time. The wanted ones don't show regularly enough to be caught. At least not by me sad.gif

When I saw all those different eggs, I was very happy. But now, I'm disappointed with the return of walls of eggs that nobody seems to want. And refreshing brings those on most of the time. The wanted ones don't show regularly enough to be caught. At least not by me sad.gif

That's the point -- you get something from the wall and maybe it'll bring something better to the front.

I don't like it, because I get stuck on the Wall of Unwanted for like eight or so refreshes and then on the Wall of Wanted for one. If there was a set pattern to which wall shows up it wouldn't be a problem, but there's not so I'm getting jipped on the eggs that I do/would want.

I went to the AP, refereshed about 4 times and it switched to the only one of each type of egg format.

It is rather random as to which format shows up. But I'm still liking the switching formats.

If I get the wall of low time up, I stop refreshing. I can fairly easily click each egg as many people aren't picking them up. I am curious if we'll be able to clear it by next Sunday, as that is when I think his planned release would be, if he's still going to do that. If the ap stays clogged, I worry he might push it back. Given that, I grabbed some eggs in incubated them overnight and released them the next day back to the ap.

I thought he said the first sunday of a month which wouldn't happen until next month.

(TJ09 @ Mar 4 2013, 02:08 PM)

Thinking about it just now, I should probably move this to first Sunday, so that it doesn't interfere with work or school.

Unless there is another more recent quote out there.

If I get the wall of low time up, I stop refreshing. I can fairly easily click each egg as many people aren't picking them up. I am curious if we'll be able to clear it by next Sunday, as that is when I think his planned release would be, if he's still going to do that. If the ap stays clogged, I worry he might push it back. Given that, I grabbed some eggs in incubated them overnight and released them the next day back to the ap.

If he releases on the first Sunday of each month the next one will be April 7 biggrin.gif

I like the changing AP-- not that I ever have room to hunt but it makes it much more interesting than watching the same untaken eggs over and over and over-----

So wait are there going to be new dragons every month?! I don't think I can handle that much newness.

As to the AP thing, it keeps switching for me and man was it frustrating trying to click on this one black egg.

So wait are there going to be new dragons every month?! I don't think I can handle that much newness.

As to the AP thing, it keeps switching for me and man was it frustrating trying to click on this one black egg.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=147602 You might be interested in this thread.

I've had to slow down my "refreshing speed" as I tend to refresh before it loads with the new formats and switching format.

Edited by rubyshoes

I really liked having a page full of low-times when they were all incuhatchable/ER, but since all the eggs I'm currently seeing are at 5 days 22 hours or more, it's not as convenient to grab 'em. Maybe if that portion of the cycle was eliminated whenever the AP had less than a full row of >5 day eggs to display?

Or - tentatively - AP filters. Absolutely not by breed or rarity, but perhaps one for lowest time items, one for the 'one of each breed' method, and one fully randomized. Right now the AP seems to be swapping randomly or whenever enough eggs are taken from one sort style or something, and being able to choose which one to view might make it less frustrating.

(For the record, I also liked the old AP and am pretty much ambivalent about any changes.)

Or - tentatively - AP filters. Absolutely not by breed or rarity, but perhaps one for lowest time items, one for the 'one of each breed' method, and one fully randomized.

That sounds lovely :3 I liked the old AP as well, so it would be neat to have an option to get it back somehow xd.png

D: The AP went back to normal! Noooooo! I really liked it!

Edit: Well... it was for a minute I swear... There were a ton of Albinos. :/

Edit 2: It's switching off between only one of each egg and the way it used to be... so strange!

Edit 3: Seems it's been that way for a while now after reading the last few pages... Oh well, I was just a bit surprised. :P

Edited by Forest