Shajana

More releases/ Bigger releases

What is the highest number of new breeds would you be willing to accept per-month?  

597 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Isn't this kind of the way things are? New release once a month on a sunday with ~2 breeds, right?

I kinda support. Once in a blue moon I would like to see a few more, but I can't say I want a birthday release every month. Just a few more, even if it's just the average that rises. There are so many cool DC requests, and so few that get released... I support as long as we don't go crazy with the amount of new dragons.

It's 2/month, not 1/month. Yes, that didn't make the seven releases in two months less hectic, but it's not the standard state of things (although I'm still of the opinion that if one of the dragons is a breed-only, it should be a three-dragon release) and the numbers quoted are wrong.

Oops. My bad... sad.gifxd.png

Typically I am not good at catching great dragons. I still have been struggling to catch a CB Silver let alone the four that I am really wanting so that I can breed them. I just finally caught my first CB Trio egg (Thunder) and made a trade for another CB that I had for a CB Ice but aside from that any rare dragons that I have either have been from a lot of scanning the forums in search of people willing to trade for things that I can get OR the few times that I have captured something on my own and I have been here for nearly four years now. I know some people are really good at catching stuff but not me. (Though I seem to be getting a little better)

Either way, the reason I posted that is to show that while SOME people really want to catch everything and still haven't had the ability to do it... they STILL would LOVE to see way more releases than we are seeing right now. Heck I feel like more releases might even make it easier to catch or trade for those other older ones that I have been trying to get that people used to go crazy over because they will be focusing on the newer stuff.

Sorry for the rant.. I just, really wanted to show that while I really want to complete my scroll's collection and have been struggling to do it, that I would love to have multiple releases or bigger clutches of releases being seen even if it means that it is going to take even longer for me to complete my scroll! In fact, I would love it if I never had the opportunity to actually use the words, "My scroll is complete!"

Edited by Rekha

Isn't this kind of the way things are? New release once a month on a sunday with ~2 breeds, right?

I think it's a Saturday, according to DC time. Anyways, I don't think bigger releases are necessary, as we are getting one release/month.

I think it's a Saturday, according to DC time. Anyways, I don't think bigger releases are necessary, as we are getting one release/month.

The current release schedule has drops start at midnight in the night from Saturday to Sunday in DC time - so, formally, it is Sunday. happy.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

The change happened after I opened this thread and I am very happy TJ decided to make more releases.

Two a month is perfect for me. If my scroll was able to take on more eggs, say with a gold trophy, I'd be for, maybe, three. But, with a limit of six eggs it would make it difficult to nab a female and a male of each. I can only imagine what it's like for newer members who have an even stricter limit.

I'm still catching up with the May release as is. I'm not sure how long the drops last for new releases, it's been quite some time since I've played, before they're normally implemented and if it's only till TJ's dragons mature into adults, like I'm assuming it might be, then it would be chaos having multiple large-scale releases.

Short story: I prefer the system as it is now. : )

A many-breeds release is more than nice but currently I think it is too much. I don't have enough egg space for lineage projects. (Is it pointless to ask for the "one extra slot for a bred egg" ?)

A many-breeds release is more than nice but currently I think it is too much. I don't have enough egg space for lineage projects. (Is it pointless to ask for the "one extra slot for a bred egg" ?)

I think so - we have been told several time that that is gone for good since the limits went up so much. (remember 4 + 1 ? THAT was hard on the nerves....)

I would like more frequent releases - but NOT bigger ones; they are too much like hard work.

I would like more frequent releases - but NOT bigger ones; they are too much like hard work.

I guess I have to agree with that statement. No more than three different sets of sprites of cave drops in one release, please. This will allow everyone with silver trophy or higher to get at least one couple of every breed. Of course, there's also the option of adding more hybrids, breed-only breeds and alts...

I guess I have to agree with that statement. No more than three different sets of sprites of cave drops in one release, please. This will allow everyone with silver trophy or higher to get at least one couple of every breed. Of course, there's also the option of adding more hybrids, breed-only breeds and alts...

Agree. Even with seven slots it can be a pain to try and get all the variants and guess at rarity.

(Unrelated, but it's a bit sad to see that the last this was really active was 2013 when TJ decided to do planned monthly releases. Maybe we'll go back to that even if it is wishful thinking on my part. rolleyes.gif )

The completed requests section is super backed up and most of the releases are from the in-cave spriter's private section that we don't get to see, we need larger releases that include more stuff from the completed requests section.

The completed requests section is super backed up and most of the releases are from the in-cave spriter's private section that we don't get to see, we need larger releases that include more stuff from the completed requests section.

These are two separate problems that assume that a request being completed means it will be released, when that isn't the problem.

We have taken steps to try and put more cave-ready requests in the completed section (it's why requests now require strict mod/artist approval before being moved), but please note that even then, moving to completed is not a contract or guarantee a dragon will be released. =x

Considering TJ seems to have purged the list since last I looked at it (months ago), would anything that's still left have a better chance?

But yeah, it's never been a guarantee, dragon requests is a gamble.

That being said there have been a few releases where I've recognized some dragons from that list, but not often.

These are two separate problems that assume that a request being completed means it will be released, when that isn't the problem.

We have taken steps to try and put more cave-ready requests in the completed section (it's why requests now require strict mod/artist approval before being moved), but please note that even then, moving to completed is not a contract or guarantee a dragon will be released. =x

I don't assume that, I'm saying that releases are too small and that more should come from the completed list.

Edited by blockEdragon

I like releases with 3 dragons. I can get 2 of each gender and 1 lonely guy/gal (without variants like Gemshards of course).

3 dragons each month (if we're lucky to have a release each month) is 36 new species/yr. Since there are 3 months where we have Holidays (1 breed only) that puts us down to 30/yr. Sure, we have had releases that only introduced only 1 or 2 new dragons, which may lower that number even more. But we've also had releases with 5+ dragons. It still evens out to A LOT OF DRAGONS!

When I first read the title and thought about this thread, I thought to myself "I agree! We do not get enough dragons around here..." but then I started thinking about the actual numbers and honestly, anything over 12 new dragons a year is doing pretty darn GOOD in my opinion!

I have to agree with those who say that three new breeds per release is a good number. Many of us like to get a male and female of each on release day if possible, which becomes impossible if there are more than that. (And that isn't even taking into account those with less than a gold trophy, who would have an even harder time with large releases.) With no way to know what might become rare, I really prefer being able to get two of each breed on the day they drop in the cave for the first time. At least then I won't have to worry about whether or not I'll be able to find them later or be forced to decide which of the releases to get two of.

ETA (and to add to the mention of the completed section): I actually think it would be amazing if every other release consisted of nothing but dragons from the completed list. Then the in cave spriters would still have their dragons released, but more people would get to see their dragons in the cave and on people's scrolls. That's just me, though.

Edited by prismatika

I don't assume that, I'm saying that releases are too small and that more should come from the completed list.

Except you're still assuming that there are tons of dragons on the completed list that TJ wants to or can release. There's quality, which we are trying to fix for future dragons, but then there's also concept. If TJ doesn't like the idea behind the dragon or the design it's not going to get released, even if it's an absolutely beautiful sprite. Then there's artists going inactive. If TJ can't get in contact with an artist and get what he needs from them, he can't release the dragon.

I do agree that as many completed list dragons as possible should be used, but there are probably reasons why so few have been from there.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Then there's artists going inactive. If TJ can't get in contact with an artist and get what he needs from them, he can't release the dragon.

This. Is there any reason why artist contracts can't be signed in advance so if the sprites get used inactivity isn't an issue?

This. Is there any reason why artist contracts can't be signed in advance so if the sprites get used inactivity isn't an issue?

This is something I've wondered as well. Is there a legal reason behind waiting or something?

I feel like it'd make more sense if there were another requirement when a concept is being moved to the Completed Section where all artists have to sign and submit an Artist Agreement.

Is there any reason why artist contracts can't be signed in advance so if the sprites get used inactivity isn't an issue?

I can't say for certain why this isn't the case, or even what's in the contract for sure, but I know I wouldn't want to sign my rights away on something I created on the off-chance that it might be used some day.

I would though, because this is what I made it for and I don't want mine or someone else who I worked with's inactivity to ruin any chance I have. Honestly these rule changes just make me scared to work with anyone else now.

But as far as having more releases, harder process = less things on the completed list.