jellyscent

CB Metals everywhere!

i got 2 CB silver they both are males! i had a CB silver female now i will breed pure silver 2nd gens this is my plain!XD and i did get a gold from breeding gold with gold wow

Lucky magi... dry.gif

laugh.gif At least I got another Vampire from the AP!

CB Metals are definitely becoming rarer again, if not already as rare as they were prior to the release of Schimmerscales. *nods*

*looksatscroll*

No, definitely not. There is a slight drop in catches, but this is mainly due to decreased movement in the biomes - everyone is gearing up for the 7in7 release, be it getting their projects further before the break or stocking up on red/pink bsa.

There's CB Silvers to be had for everyone still, Golds are in so high demand that even IF you see one, they'll be clicked on by literally hundreds of people. I saw four yesterday alone, but always to slow.

I haven't seen any CB golds (in my entire existence on DC) or CB silvers in at least a year so I don't know they are not more common to me.

Ah well, at least I'm getting all the uncommons I wanted biggrin.gif

And well, the metals will have to wait. I think I'll just trade vampires for CB Metals.

Seems to me that CB Metals continue to be available, so much so that you can't trade them anymore for things that would have normally been considered a good even swap. I have seen folks trading them for what I would consider common dragons these days. Ridiculous.

Seems to me that CB Metals continue to be available, so much so that you can't trade them anymore for things that would have normally been considered a  good even swap.  I have seen folks trading them for what I would consider common dragons these days.  Ridiculous.

While I did just trade three nice hatchlings for a pretty 5th gen Silver, I still cannot get the 2nd CB Silver. I always miss them in the Cave, and it seems traders only want CB Golds, 2nd or 3rd gen Prize dragons or NDs. I wish I could find someone who would trade a CB Silver for "common" dragons.

Still can't get a second CB Blusang either, and it seems CB Coppers are next to impossible to find.

Edited by dragongrrl

I can't seem to even see CBs now, but I am content breeding purebreds for now.

I'd also love to see someone trading them for 'commons'. XD

Edited by Angel of the Inferno

Seems to me that CB Metals continue to be available, so much so that you can't trade them anymore for things that would have normally been considered a good even swap. I have seen folks trading them for what I would consider common dragons these days. Ridiculous.

What were you trying to trade?

you can get pretty much everything you want for a cb metal. This includes coppers, which are a real nuisance to get, silvers which are comparatively common, and golds, which are as rare as they have always been. (more people seem to need/like golds)

On the other hand, it is getting a lot harder to trade off shimmers, tinsels and various other specialties (alts, thuweds, 2g/3g from spriters alts) because the market is a lotmore sated than 6 months ago. Heck, I did the occasional shimmer trade and am reaching 50. Why spend a hard earned metal on e.g #51?

I have seen folks trading them for what I would consider common dragons these days.

I have a sneaking suspicion you're talking about the trade that was offering a CB gold in exchange for male CB gold wyvern hatchlings. laugh.gif

I figure outliers will always exist, though, and there's no use judging the trading values by the outliers. I spotted someone trading a Neglected for a single male CB summer the other day. Boy was I surprised - but it says very little about the worth of CB summers or the worth of Neglected dragons, because it was noticeably an outlier.

Just food for thought.

I do agree CB metallics continue being available and are worth less than they used to, but they're still at the top of the foodchain (or rather, very near the top - 2G prizes win the 'top of the foodchain' award, but I suspect that should come as no surprise); you should be able to get all sorts of stuff for it. You might have to be patient with CB silvers, though, since, as whitebaron said, they're comparatively common for an ultrarare.

There is still a Tom of common eggs in the AP though, as well as the cave.

I don't know who controls that but they need to drop more rares/ new dragons, man!

I just missed this one in alpine ohmy.gif

'This egg is very reflective, almost metallic looking'.

I just saw a silver in alpine; was to late to click it. One day I will have my first gold or silver smile.gif After 4 years I have hope to catch a CB smile.gif

I consider myself lucky to have grabbed a CB silver, but I've hardly seen any "very rare" eggs when I snatch.

How/Where/When are you people seeing them? I can steal but I don't even get a chance to see one. sad.gif

And, it's suspicious because I'm on dragcave for hours at a time looking through biomes, and engaging in hourly drops like 5+ times a day. It's so sad.

There is still a Tom of common eggs in the AP though, as well as the cave.

I don't know who controls that but they need to drop more rares/ new dragons, man!

Um, it's called the Abandoned Page because those eggs have been tossed by players who didn't want them. So naturally there will be fewer rares/metals. If it helps, I just bred a couple of Silver Tinsels to the AP.

ETA: Me too! I spend a lot of time in the Cave yet somehow manage to miss all those metals/coppers/rares...

Edited by oddsoxdi

I posted this then thought I was in the wrong thread, then saw that the other thread was closed.

well, for one thing, talking about something always spoils it sad.gif

since I posted about how many blusangs, metals and coppers I'd been seeing recently, I have only seen a couple of blusangs and virtually NO metals, including coppers, in the caves.

I suspect maybe people with really fast computers or those who use the robot thing (?) are snagging them before some of us see them, now, having got wind of it.

there are many more coppers in the trade threads, and I have a number of CB blusangs, contributed by various friends who don't collect them, thank goodness.

but I haven't looked at this thread since I posted, and just happened to come to say they've seemed to go away again, at least for me sad.gif

The other night I caught a CB Silver... *with my IPAD*... I actually swore out loud in disbelief xd.png I usually can't catch anything but blockers on my iPad. I spent nearly five years of proper cave hunting with a fast connection and generally good click technique to finally get a pair of CB silvers... now this!! Shocking!! But I'm very pleased. Hopefully this means I am on my way to finally catching another CB gold to complete that pair and my ultimate scroll goals cool.gif

I posted this then thought I was in the wrong thread, then saw that the other thread was closed.

well, for one thing, talking about something always spoils it sad.gif

since I posted about how many blusangs, metals and coppers I'd been seeing recently, I have only seen a couple of blusangs and virtually NO metals, including coppers, in the caves.

I suspect maybe people with really fast computers or those who use the robot thing (?) are snagging them before some of us see them, now, having got wind of it.

there are many more coppers in the trade threads, and I have a number of CB blusangs, contributed by various friends who don't collect them, thank goodness.

but I haven't looked at this thread since I posted, and just happened to come to say they've seemed to go away again, at least for me sad.gif

I have to admit, I always get grumpy when I see people that have like, 5 CB metals or more, or like way too many rares to be realistic.

Maybe they have multiple scrolls, bots, extremely fast internet, or whatever, but that's one main reason why a lot of my good friends quit playing dragcave.

I still haven't seen a copper since they were first released.

I'm now convinced people are using bots to capture CB metals based on the number of people who are offering them in trade and the fact I'm there ON THE HOUR, ON THE MINUTE day after day (yeah, I don't have a job right now!) and NADA. And only three blusangs in a month. So I guess the trick is to figure out how to get my own bot ... which is a shame, it's not how I like to play.

On the other hand, I've been meeting lots of nice people on the trading forums, so I'm still having a great time with the game and enjoying Dragon Cave very much.

I'm now convinced people are using bots to capture CB metals based on the number of people who are offering them in trade and the fact I'm there ON THE HOUR, ON THE MINUTE day after day (yeah, I don't have a job right now!) and NADA. And only three blusangs in a month. So I guess the trick is to figure out how to get my own bot ... which is a shame, it's not how I like to play.

On the other hand, I've been meeting lots of nice people on the trading forums, so I'm still having a great time with the game and enjoying Dragon Cave very much.

Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean you should go accusing people of using bots... If they were using bots, they'd get their scroll burnt.

I've pretty much given up all hope on getting a CB metal, or any CB rare for that matter. It's odd, people seem like they have crazy, lightning fast reflexes that allow them to take CB rares the very millisecond they appear. It's a little irritating. How fast do I need to be, for heaven's sake? Someone could've been refreshing the biomes for hours hoping to see a rare, only to have had them all snagged before they could even notice them. I'm not putting the blame on anyone though- It's just a little discouraging.

...or perhaps people have played this game a lot and become quite good at it. I can catch CB metals now, but it took me three years of playing before I caught my first CB metal.

Also, metals don't always drop exactly at the top of the hour. They can appear at any time, in my experience usually when I take a sip of tea, scratch my nose or adjust my glasses. rolleyes.gif

...or perhaps people have played this game a lot and become quite good at it. I can catch CB metals now, but it took me three years of playing before I caught my first CB metal.

Also, metals don't always drop exactly at the top of the hour. They can appear at any time, in my experience usually when I take a sip of tea, scratch my nose or adjust my glasses. rolleyes.gif

^ Yes, they always appear when I seem to need to move my cat away from the screen so I can see. xd.png

I haven't seen a CB metal at the top of the hour since February. Then again, I don't hunt much. However, when I DO hunt- and I mean just an hour of good biome-hopping hunt- I ALWAYS see at least 1 CB metal. To be successful at this game, you have to put full effort into hunting and be serious about it. It's a true skill.

I've found that sitting around and waiting for someone to hand things over to me doesn't work very well, but a little effort can be lucrative. smile.gif CB metals exist, it's just that people are conditioned to snag them.