jellyscent

CB Metals everywhere!

Just missed a CB Gold in the coast a few minutes ago. :\ Also saw quite a few CB Silvers around the Alpine, Coast & Desert.

I have a Silver I caught yesterday, and several other metals I have caught over the past few months, these don't count the ones I have traded or gifted, and I do not use a bot. For me it's a matter of pattern recognition, there is a reason I do well at researching through hundreds of files at work. biggrin.gif

I have a Silver I caught yesterday, and several other metals I have caught over the past few months, these don't count the ones I have traded or gifted, and I do not use a bot. For me it's a matter of pattern recognition, there is a reason I do well at researching through hundreds of files at work. biggrin.gif

There's a pattern?? I thought their appearances were random. blink.gif

laugh.gif I should clarify, word patterns, I recognize easily certain patterns with out actually having to read fully.

I agree with those saying that you can get better at catching CB metals with practice. I've been playing for over 3 years and had never caught any CB metals, or even a CB rare, in the cave until recently. Then when I was off from school this summer, I put a lot more time into Dragon Cave then I ever had before, and I realized that catching CB metals is a skill that can be acquired, although there is always an element of luck involved.

You can train yourself to recognize them in an instant and hone your reflexes to click immediately. Combine that with fast internet, much time spent waiting and watching for those special eggs, and the willingness to let other uncommons/rares go by while you bide your time for the metal, and you can have success. Someone who fits those criteria and has a lot of time on his/her hands can indeed have a scroll full of CB metals without bots or cheating. If I didn't have to go back to school tomorrow, maybe with a little more practice I would become one of them. xd.png

Yup, I agree with the practice thing. I don't hunt in the biomes often because I know I'm not fast enough, yet. But in the AP no one beats me. If a rare appears, it's mine. You're warned, I never miss in the AP, and I don't use a bot. I have some issues in catching metals in the Cave because I always fail in recognizing the word pattern, as Syleye says. It's always like "oh god, a METAL!" and it's gone xd.png

My only CB Gold was a matter of luck. I was in the volcano biome, with only two people. I missed a Magma, but I caught the Gold under it xd.png I've seen Coppers, Blusangs, two Golds and a few Silvers in the past week. I couldn't catch any of them, I'm too slow, but I know that with a bit of training I can catch them! And they don't appear only in the top of the hour, they can appear at any time smile.gif

laugh.gif I should clarify, word patterns, I recognize easily certain patterns with out actually having to read fully.

I think I must have learnt to do this too, unconsciously. Also, success breeds confidence - one you've caught one, the task seems less impossible and somehow it becomes easier to catch more. Not freezing and thinking "OMGosh, a METAL!!!11!1" also helps. tongue.gif

WHAT CB metals?? I haunt the Biomes for hours and haven't seen a damned one! Where can I find a bot? jkjkjk

Except GWs that I classify as CB Metals, I haven't seen (at least seen, catching is a higher level of magic) any Golds, Silvers or Coppers lately. I'm camping in the cave whole day already and constant biome-hopping makes my wrist go "nope".

These metals will be all popping up when we least expect it... or when we don't look.

I play dragoncave for 4 years now off and on; never saw a cb metal. Untill now; a few the past weeks. Now I still have to catch one tongue.gif I'm not a very fast clicker and don't have a very fast connection; but I have hope. I catch a lot of original splits (love them! smile.gif ); before that it was way more difficult.

I knew it. I just knew it will happen sooner or later, after many, many "ugh, I give up... okay, five more minutes" and "where the CHIRP they see these RAINBOWY metals?!" moments.

Just caught a CB Gold in the volcano. It was weird because the system gave me the "overburdened" message, while I was completely sure I had one free spot. Checked my scroll in a new tab. The shiny already was there. I'm still staring at it and I can't believe it's real. *boops* Hmm yes, seems it is real.

Now please excuse me, I have to go out and express my happiness very loudly.

user posted image

v Thank you<3

Edited by Light Concorde

I knew it. I just knew it will happen sooner or later, after many, many "ugh, I give up... okay, five more minutes" and "where the CHIRP they see these RAINBOWY metals?!" moments.

Just caught a CB Gold in the volcano. It was weird because the system gave me the "overburdened" message, while I was completely sure I had one free spot. Checked my scroll in a new tab. The shiny already was there. I'm still staring at it and I can't believe it's real. *boops* Hmm yes, seems it is real.

Now please excuse me, I have to go out and express my happiness very loudly.

user posted image

Heh, I saw that and missed it. Congrats! biggrin.gif

I've been playing for 4 years next month, and only recently have started to even see metals (a couple of silvers) in the cave. GWs aren't really on the level of CB golds/silvers, I think, I manage to catch them when I see them without too much effort. (Or at least I did, when I was hunting them.)

I don't really count GWs as metallics, even if they are shiny. They only drop in one biome and they aren't *that* hard to catch...

Anyways, I caught a Copper and Gold in the Alpine in remarkably short order! happy.gif

Well I count GWs as metals because of the shiny factor, not rarity. c:

Hmm, locked until new release. Hope we will see even more rare metals during that time.

still need a cb gold, have two cb silvers.

it's the last goal i'll ever have on dc and it will never be completed because of my inactivity and poor luck on catching.

The only CB metal i have seen in over a week was silver in the coast and my computer decided to lag as soon as I clicked it.

I've grabbed two additional CB Golds which, believe me, is a relief since I've had bad luck for a while and I'm trying to build Gold lineages. But yay for me on this! *facepalm* for getting CB Silvers but sexing them female when I needed a male. My brain apparently has been on hiatus.

Just two days ago I caught my 2nd and 3rd silver but I won't be content until I catch 2 CB golds (traded for one).

Today is not my catching day. Missed a CB copper just now, and then saw a CB gold in the desert. What did I do? I refreshed as I clicked. Yep, I got the egg under it, of course.

I should go to bed. laugh.gif

Edit: ...zomg, I caught one from the Alpine. n_n

Edited by pinkgothic