sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

I know it can be intimidating when you see the offers for 2nd gen prize that contains hoards of cb metals. But there are very lovely winners out there who would only ask for things within your ability. smile.gif

Like nothing at all. biggrin.gif

Sometimes you just have to swallow your doubts and try, because you definitely won't get anything if you don't try, at least.

I know it can be intimidating when you see the offers for 2nd gen prize that contains hoards of cb metals. But there are very lovely winners out there who would only ask for things within your ability. smile.gif

Agreed. I myself have accepted CB metal offers only because I didn't have CB metals. Now that I do, it feels pointless to just ask for more. CB metals really don't breed amazingly well, especially when the "metal boom" is over. They're really only good for lineage purposes once the "metal boom" is over.

I myself LOVE turpentines. I would honestly choose offers of several CB Turpentines over CB metals. Why? Because not only do they breed better, but I love them.

You just have to find the right winner with an open list who likes easier to obtain things. wink.gif

I just seen the dragons and they are really pretty! A little old-school looking in drawing/coloring but still really neat. My favorite has to be the Spriter's Blue because I just love Blue Dragons. It would look really good with a Purple (which I also love). :3

I just kind of hate the idea of knowing that I will never be able to use these dragons (if I ever actually did get one) in a lineage. Because you know everyone will go the route of the Staircase lineage. And I use Even-Gen in my projects. Meeehhh.

Not necessarily. Personally I love even-gens, and I got on the list for a 2nd gen. smile.gif

While I do intend to have a stairstep-option since people tend to prefer them when they get longer, I'm hoping to breed my 2nd gen mainly as an even-gen. (Actually I'm hoping for a fail first from the same pairing before it successfully breeds a shimmer-scale, so I can start one of those purposely inbred checkerboards, because that would be FUN and the only way to do a perfect long-generation checkerboard with shimmer-scales unless you go the deadline route).

I myself LOVE turpentines. I would honestly choose offers of several CB Turpentines over CB metals. Why? Because not only do they breed better, but I love them.

Note to self: Now would be a good time to start a turpentine purebred or checkerboard lineage! tongue.gif

Edited by SolarCat

Precisely, you're only as good as your last cb metal catch.

Thats not true I have never been able to catch CB metals yet I am on 2 lists and an interested list that I have a potential offer on.

The first list I Pmed someone who said it was okay and set up a trade for a 2nd gen Valentine (given it for all 4 but thats because I said so they would have accepted 1)

The second list the winner PMed me offering it for a 5th gen Tinsel I had up for trade. So really it just depends on the winners, and what people are offering first.

I can't wait to pick the mate I think the Silvers look really good with SW, Christmas Wrapping, and Ice. Then Bronze with Pillow or Autumn, both are very pretty combinations and I'm not sure which to choose.

Note: Please don't contact me about 3rd gen list

Edited by Bloodyrose13

I can't wait to pick the mate I think the Silvers look really good with SW, Christmas Wrapping, and Ice.  Then Bronze with Pillow or Autumn, both are very pretty combinations and I'm not sure which to choose.

I think the bronze shimmers would look amazing with autumns, tried the lineage when i was on allure of neglected dragons a few days ago picking out a mate.

Edited by suskekun222

Awh, haha now I wish I have had the guts to ask earlier xd.png I just thought to myself "nawh, don't go bombarding the winners, let them enjoy their prize first" naja, but I find it lovely that this year's winners seem to be very much different to last years *or at least most of them* The sprite is gorgeous, I love all the tiny details in it *_* The silvers would look really neat with embers, don't you think so :'D ?

I'm hoping that this year's Valentine dragons are males. I can't decide on Layla's mate. <.<;;

Edited by Noxion

I'm hoping that this year's Valentine dragons are males. I can't decide on Layla's mate. <.<;;

This year's will be females

Ah, bummer. I'll have to find one that looks good with her.

Well we don't know for absolute sure, but going by the trend from the previous years of the alternating genders, it does seem that way. Still a chance though ^^; If TJ thought one of the nicer submitted sprites happened to be one for a male, I doubt he'd count it out just for that. (Well he might actually, I don't know laugh.gif)

On topic: when I first saw these guys, like tinsels, I was a bit unsure of what I thought but already without having seen them everywhere I've really warmed to them. Now hopefully in the next year or two I might be able to nab me a white from one of these shimmers. x3

I wonder if TJ will open up the breeding of past years Valentines tomorrow? I say this, because it will give the new Shimmer owners the opportunity to breed with some Valentines.

Silvers especially would look good.

I wonder if TJ will open up the breeding of past years Valentines tomorrow? I say this, because it will give the new Shimmer owners the opportunity to breed with some Valentines.

Silvers especially would look good.

I'm hoping that he starts the breeding season on Friday. I have work tomorrow, and I need my eggs to hatch so I can be unlocked! Come on, Reds, get off cooldown! *pokes eggs and dragons*

Edit: More on topic, laugh.gif , Silvers would of course look great! But Valentines pairings may look really striking- but I want to see some examples before I develop a certain opinion.

Edited by Dimar

It just would be a great time to make some really rare valentine dragons, with the new Shimmers.

Whoever owns (filly), I hope they breed to horse dragon. That would just be win.

...I just picked up this CB Red because I love a good word code, me. Then I realised it'd make an AMAZING potential mate for filly (who I note with amusement is male! xd.png). If anyone does happen to know who owns filly, please let me know so that I can send them this eggie. smile.gif

Guys, geode is gone!

I'm so sad, I thought that was the best prize code of all of them!

Geode is gone?? o_o

It was killed? or .. ?? released?

*noooo*

Edited by suskekun222

I think geode is just hidden for the moment. If it was dead, it would show the dead shell.

Maybe they were an HM winner and got bumped up? It could be that they originally requested a CB Geode!

Maybe they were an HM winner and got bumped up? It could be that they originally requested a CB Geode!

That's what I thought, and part of why I thought the code was so awesome.

Oh well.