sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

I do know that the one of the original Bronze Tinsel owners in 2011 seems to have gone inactive, as his/her dragon has lost it's name (ancestor of this guy. Used to be named Antitension or something like that.

Hypertensive?

They are producing more Shimmer-scales - just saw one in AoND's ER, a 2nd gen Bronze biggrin.gif

Now THAT would be something I would go for. I love even-gens. happy.gif

And I don't care if they're fails or not, just knowing that the genes are in the pool is enough for me.

Of course, since these guys have only been out for a short while, I don't really expect to see 2nd gen or even 3rd gens in the abandoned area any time soon.

Edited by warriorjames

So depressing that the first Eastern breed we get in ages is a Prize breed that is utterly unaccessible to those of us with not much of value on their scrolls.

I have to say, the Gold Silver Bronze theme is getting a little overdone. This dragon is absolutely lovely in blue, but rather underwhelming in metallic. Of course, there is no way we will ever get a blue so... xd.png

Still, it is an Eastern, and it is quite nice, just not as awesome as I'd imagined. I guess with all the anticipation it is hard not to disappoint.

It's not even about the value on scrolls... more like, you need CB metals to get any 2nd gen. prizes. xd.png Ah well. With due time, hopefully they'll be as abundant as tinsels.

Something about that feels very well balanced to me. I like it! xd.png

What would the third gen of that be? Its parents are Tinselkin and Shimmerkin. Tinselshim? Shimmertinse? Prizekin?

biggrin.gif Or just descended from glory.

I do know that the one of the original Bronze Tinsel owners in 2011 seems to have gone inactive, as his/her dragon has lost it's name (ancestor of this guy. Used to be named Antitension or something like that.

And sadly, from what I heard and think, she'll not be coming back. :c

Karobb: I'm glad it kept you amused for a bit. xd.png

It's not even about the value on scrolls... more like, you need CB metals to get any 2nd gen. prizes. xd.png Ah well. With due time, hopefully they'll be as abundant as tinsels.

You dont necessarily need CB metallics, or metallics in general. o_o

It all depends on what the the winner is after, the winner who has me on their list only asked for what was on my scroll atm.

(a CB golden wyvern, about 4 CB royal blues, and a 3gen PB royal blue, all in hatchling)

Some winners are even giving away offsprings for free for that matter. /:

I absolutely love the silver x female hellfire and silver x guardian pics that people have been posting. Gorgeous! wub.gif

I gotta ask, how do you even get on a list for prize dragon offspring? We can't ask for it in trades because of the IOU thing. I saw all the winners asking not to be pm'd or harassed, so I respected that. Yet many, many people are talking about having places on 2nd gen lists. How did they get it, where were these lists even advertised? Is it more a 'who you know' kinda thing? Did people just pm the winners anyway?

Edited by Dubious

I gotta ask, how do you even get on a list for prize dragon offspring? We can't ask for it in trades because of the IOU thing. I saw all the winners asking not to be pm'd or harassed, so I respected that. Yet many, many people are talking about having places on 2nd gen lists. How did they get it, where were these lists even advertised? Is it more a 'who you know' kinda thing? Did people just pm the winners anyway?

I think they were the first people to PM them. You'd have to be watching the news thread closely and PM someone as soon as they said something.

Well, some people didn't want to be PMed at all either because they only wanted to gift to friends or because they had already gotten lots of offers and their lists were full within minutes. But I know of several who were accepting offers (and by that I don't necessarily mean CB metallics) or even just requests. I know if I had been any quicker to notice the winners, before everyone's lists were full, I'd have PMed a few. ^^;

Edit: Aaaand I was ninja'd, lol.

Edited by MissK.

I PMed a winner who didn't ask not to be PMed to ask for a 2nd gen non-prize from their breeding, and ended up on a list. (It's closed now).

That said, now that the prize dragons are released you CAN ask for it in trades, as long as you don't list it as an IOU but an actual request. If you have in your signature that you will accept IOUs (whether it be specifically for the prizes or for anything in general) you'll get your message across in a forum-permitted manner.

EDIT: If you're polite and follow the wishes of the users but still have the guts to ask then you may get lucky. That's how I got this beautiful Shimmer-Fail for example. smile.gif (Looking for a mate, so I can breed them and then breed them with this little gem I also mustered up enough courage to request a trade for).l

Edited by SolarCat

I just took the first 15 people to pm me on my list.

After the list was closed I got a few more pm's but said no to those smile.gif

Can't wait till it is monday and Seaglory can breed again xd.png

Wow, that is gorgeous SolarCat.

Maybe I need to be more forward in things like this. I generally don't like to approach people asking for things, unless invited to do so. Clearly I need to get over that. laugh.gif

Edited by Dubious

Wow, that is gorgeous SolarCat.

Maybe I need to be more forward in things like this. I generally don't like to approach people asking for things, unless invited to do so. Clearly I need to get over that. laugh.gif

Instead of begging for a gift, offer a trade. It's more polite, and it's not as intimidating because you're offering something in return. smile.gif

Can't wait till it is monday and Seaglory can breed again xd.png

Me either. xd.png

I did pretty much the same as SolarCat. ^.^

Instead of begging for a gift, offer a trade. It's more polite, and it's not as intimidating because you're offering something in return. smile.gif

To be honest, if I had anything good on my scroll at the moment I would have PM-ed them. But when you can offer nothing but IOUs and when you know that they are probably getting much better offers on the spot... Yeah, I just didn't want to bother them. But if I've had knew that some of them would go for low prices, or that some like ulki, just took first offers, I would have probably PM them. Oh well, you learn from the experience. I at least managed to get on one 2nd gen list and one 3rd gen list.

Precisely, you're only as good as your last cb metal catch.

I think the silvers are utterly gorgeous. I am really hoping to trade for a 2nd gen at some point, though I figure that will be tough, since even now, prize winners have lists that will probably keep them busy until the next prize dragons are given out. LOL

This really is a gorgeous dragon. The silvers are my fave, but they're all beautiful!

I just seen the dragons and they are really pretty! A little old-school looking in drawing/coloring but still really neat. My favorite has to be the Spriter's Blue because I just love Blue Dragons. It would look really good with a Purple (which I also love). :3

I just kind of hate the idea of knowing that I will never be able to use these dragons (if I ever actually did get one) in a lineage. Because you know everyone will go the route of the Staircase lineage. And I use Even-Gen in my projects. Meeehhh.

I just kind of hate the idea of knowing that I will never be able to use these dragons (if I ever actually did get one) in a lineage. Because you know everyone will go the route of the Staircase lineage. And I use Even-Gen in my projects. Meeehhh.

You could try for an Arrowhead type lineage???

That said, now that the prize dragons are released you CAN ask for it in trades, as long as you don't list it as an IOU but an actual request. If you have in your signature that you will accept IOUs (whether it be specifically for the prizes or for anything in general) you'll get your message across in a forum-permitted manner.

I know it can be intimidating when you see the offers for 2nd gen prize that contains hoards of cb metals. But there are very lovely winners out there who would only ask for things within your ability. smile.gif