sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

I'm thinking of choosing a Bronze x female Tan Ridgewing. ^.^ I think that is a complimentary pairing.

I'm thinking of choosing a Bronze x female Tan Ridgewing. ^.^ I think that is a complimentary pairing.

Awww I think they would go well together! smile.gif

There are only 61 (well maybe 66-68 with new eggs) in the entire population of DC, so extremely rare would be a good description

But they are so rare, that one would expect them to breed well to begin with, as Tinsels did, to increase the population to the right level. I'm not sure about the current breeding, but I hope it improves - maybe if their ratios are in with Tinsel ratios, then they should be made seperate? :|

Ohhhhh,

*crosses fingers for neglected experiment tommorow*

I think I have seen one or two at most...

My Seaglory breed true. So one it is without doubt. But I do not know if there are more

Although the gold version is my least favorite of the Shimmers, I think that I like it with Magi. I just wonder if the Magi's a bit too orange... *goes to stare at the lineage in the hopes that it will help me make a decision*

Ah well, with the couple more that I've seen now, I'd say 3 or 4, maybe even 5 prizes bred true, that I know of. But that's still a small amount, when we remember that there were 50 prizes given out.

I saw a bronze mated with a golden wyvern last night on a fan site and that pairing looks really nice together.

I think the breeding results are typical, not sure why anyone thought they would be different from the rest of the dragons we own?

If you look at some of the original tinsels released, some have bred true as few as 8 times or as many as 25, with a typical number being 12, I do not have one of every cb line, but I did review quite a few of them. This is in 2 years worth of breeding mind you.....not to depress anyone...but yeah....

You mean the average is 12 in 2 years?

You mean the average is 12 in 2 years?

Um from the ones I reviewed, yes. I think it mostly has to do with people asking for specific pairings, ones who used a proven mate a lot had more success. You can waste a lot of tries finding a mate that clicks!

I wish we could survey tinsel owners, I do not ever remember the cbs 'breeding like crazy'.

There will be more shimmer-scales out there eventually, we just all need to have some patience.

Edited by Karobb

Jewel bred - it was a shimmerkin moonstone. Oh well, next time

(it's mine before you ask - will go well with something else I have)

You can waste a lot of tries finding a mate that clicks!

I can definitely see that being a limiting factor. I mean, I see that happening with one of my uncommons. Not even a rare, and getting it to produce an egg ... any egg ... has proven to be really difficult.

~

The bronzexmagi lineage looks really pretty. I'd love to see what other combinations people have succeeded with, for prize dragons and for shimmerkin. With the risk of viewbombing so high though, I imagine a lot of owners will be cautious until they have adults to show.

Goodness ... 12 a year seems like such a small number. Of course, each successful breeding will bring more attempted pairs into the group, and those who find successful pairs will be more efficient. I imagine now is the slowest time for new prize dragons we'll ever see. Be interesting to see how quickly numbers go up. Is there any place to check on that?

In the interest of science (and boredom) I went back and found them all, I used forty two's scroll, thanks for that, quite the collection you have there! I only looked at the 2011 tinsels, which have been around for almost 2 years now.

I did not include booo, as that one was not around for long. The average was 16.1333333 (for 2 years), so yeah I was a bit off, but there it is. Of course, no one knows how active these players still are so it can still be skewed.

I think my original point, however, was just do not expect them to be popping up like bunnies.

And more on topic, even a fail from Jewel has got to look awesome smile.gif

sorry to clarify, this is about original tinsel breeding tinsels.

Edited by Karobb

I don't think anyone expected them to breeding like bunnies....

But I do think people expected them to be breeding a bit better then how they have xd.png There have not been as many Shimmers breeding true then I honestly expected. Sure, I knew they were not all going to breed, but I thought a few more would. Oh well, in a few more days those of us unlucky enough to not even get a shimmerkin will get to try again xd.png

I LOVE how the bright colors of the Magi go with the gold shimmerscale. A beautiful pairing indeed <3

@Karobb - All the known codes of the CB prizes can be found on the DC Wiki on the Gold/Silver/Bronze Tinsel pages. ^^

@Karobb - All the known codes of the CB prizes can be found on the DC Wiki on the Gold/Silver/Bronze Tinsel pages. ^^

But Forty Two's scroll was more fun to look at tongue.gif

I do know that the one of the original Bronze Tinsel owners in 2011 seems to have gone inactive, as his/her dragon has lost it's name (ancestor of this guy. Used to be named Antitension or something like that.

Lovely pairing, Mysfytt. Looks almost as nice as Guardians do with everything ever -shot-

in all seriousness though I never would have thought of that myself, it DOES look gorgeous <3

Moonstones aren't a favorite of mine but it's nice to see that one of the new tinsels have successfully bred.

Such beoutifull dragons, wish i culd have an army of them, and Jewel is by far my favourite dragon of em all, how can anything be better than asian themed dragon with blue color in it.

And about the special lineage you have been talking about, i think it wuld be epic to make it from Jewel continue with silver, than go gold and finish it with bronze, and do it as a spiral stairstep. Wuld so love to see and get 61th gen common from that line one day, and if you ask me i wuld rather have that common on my scroll than a 2nd gen tinsel any day.