sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

Seaglorys first try did work smile.gif

Such a nice dragon *gives her a cookie*

Congratulations! smile.gif I took a peek at the combination--very pretty.

Edited by miaou

Seaglorys first try did work smile.gif

Such a nice dragon *gives her a cookie*

Very lovely didn't even think about that combination

Just felt like pointing this out. xd.png

(image)

Burn the witch! tongue.gif Too bad no one has "Pearl" as a code. You two can be in the ESP business.

Edit: Also, someone mentioned a few pages back something about creating a stairstep lineage involving all the prize dragons... I'd be soooo for this! Any other prize winners with me? biggrin.gif

Interesting idea for the prize winners... it would turn out to be a kind of spiral though, since not all the prizes are the same gender biggrin.gif .

Interesting idea for the prize winners... it would turn out to be a kind of spiral though, since not all the prizes are the same gender biggrin.gif .

May be they could do male and female lines, and then make arrows or chevrons with them?

I'm officially depressed. They're Eastern in design, and now I want one.

Saw a pic of a bluish one, and that's the one I want. xd.png

I like the lineage idea - does the last in line dish out the eggs to all those before - and do we start the fem line with Jewel? Edited by Mysfytt

As to the auction concept, it will be a silent method of people offering. I will post an egg in the trade section with - The offer I like 'wins', they will not know what I will expect because I will put no price to it. I may not require CB metallics after I have obtained the first few and will be chasing instead nice lineages or even multiple commons. I am not greedy and do not want to be bombarded with CB metal or ND offers. I actually don't like NDs an am quite happy to have the one I was gifted, and after you have a pair of each of the metals what more do you need?

This way, a person with no metals but who has been working at a few awesome lineages can still have the chance of getting one, as much as those with a fast net or a many friends connection has.

I.... may steal this idea, at least for distributing some eggs (maybe 3rd gens and/or Shimmerkins).

Frankly, once I've achieved my scroll goals for CBs then I'll mostly just be breeding lineages and will probably be gifting 2nd and 3rd gen Shimmers. I love NDs but I prefer to make them myself, they're a personal thing for me.

I'm not a big fan of the adults. I'll probably get some for scroll completion and trading fodder x3 Whenever they become common enough for me to be able to get them.

I like the lineage idea - does the last in line dish out the eggs to all those before - and do we start the fem line with Jewel?

I don't know about the passing of eggs part, but I think it would be incredibly awesome of you to start it with Jewel. She's the original, after all. Then possibly rotate through the other colors or maybe 3 lines, one of each color?

I like the lineage idea - does the last in line dish out the eggs to all those before - and do we start the fem line with Jewel?

I was hoping you'd say that! There's a very bare bones framework up in the breeding section, would you mind giving us a comment confirming you'd like to start the chain? smile.gif

I like the bronze and alt best. I think the white stomach stands out best there, particularly the bronze. The deep purple for the shading is rather nice.

The prize adults are lovely! I think they look fantastic in all 4 colors. smile.gif

Maybe you guys could try blue, silver, bronze, gold sequence of prize dragons? And while it may be too hard, a pretty even gen checker would be one of the more epic lineages.

I think I'm one of the few who really don't like the new prize dragons. The silver looks the best out of all of them, but they're just...meh, something about them bothers me. I'll still work to collect 4 Females and 4 Males like I do with every species, but its not on my agenda of things to do just yet.

Hmmm, Catch bred but gave me a 'kin egg. Not sure what to do with it now, I had a definite plan if it had been a shiny... :s

I would have thought they would at least breed true during initial release period. I do know of a few tinsels that were stubborn during their release but the others bred wildly. So far, the 2013 prize is giving their owners and those waiting a total heartbreak. blink.gif

Perhaps it's because there are 61 of them this year. The tinsels were 31 the first year they were given out, perhaps that's why they bred better..

Hmmm, Catch bred but gave me a 'kin egg.  Not sure what to do with it now, I had a definite plan if it had been a shiny...  :s

Give it away to someone who loves shimmerkins! tongue.gif

*points quietly to self* X3

Also, maybe Prizes are breeding not too well because there has been something put in place this time round to stop them breeding really well and then there being a big drought, as happened with Tinsels? I dunno, but I hope it improves soon...

Edited by TheGrox

Maybe their ratios are not separate from the Tinsels? Which would mean the current 'metal rush' is hurting breeding chances....

So depressing that the first Eastern breed we get in ages is a Prize breed that is utterly unaccessible to those of us with not much of value on their scrolls.

I have to say, the Gold Silver Bronze theme is getting a little overdone. This dragon is absolutely lovely in blue, but rather underwhelming in metallic. Of course, there is no way we will ever get a blue so... xd.png

Still, it is an Eastern, and it is quite nice, just not as awesome as I'd imagined. I guess with all the anticipation it is hard not to disappoint.

Maybe their ratios are not separate from the Tinsels? Which would mean the current 'metal rush' is hurting breeding chances....

This would make sense.

I think I remember TJ having to do something about Autumns at one point, so that Winters wouldn't be difficult to get.