sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

Maybe you guys could try blue, silver, bronze, gold sequence of prize dragons? And while it may be too hard, a pretty even gen checker would be one of the more epic lineages.

Although this is highly unlikely/improbable, I would love to see this!

@Amazon_Warrior -- if it's all right to ask, what did you wind up breeding Luckiest Catch with?

So depressing that the first Eastern breed we get in ages is a Prize breed that is utterly unaccessible to those of us with not much of value on their scrolls.

I have to say, the Gold Silver Bronze theme is getting a little overdone. This dragon is absolutely lovely in blue, but rather underwhelming in metallic. Of course, there is no way we will ever get a blue so... xd.png

Still, it is an Eastern, and it is quite nice, just not as awesome as I'd imagined. I guess with all the anticipation it is hard not to disappoint.

I was hoping to see an Eastern Dragon in RED and was secretly wishing Jewel to be red. Oh well, blue is pretty too of course. But I do agree that instead of the metallic scheme, we could have gone with something else.

Bred my silver male with a female Sunsong last night successfully! I love the symmetry of them and the contrasting shimmery colors... I wanna do a lineage of them now.

But yeah, I'd def be interested in doing a lineage project with other winners, that'd be awesome.*o*

I love these prize dragons! Bronze is my favorite color, I think I like the coppery-brown tones, but all of the dragons look spectacular! Do we know what Jewel's offspring look like yet?

Although this is highly unlikely/improbable, I would love to see this!

@Amazon_Warrior -- if it's all right to ask, what did you wind up breeding Luckiest Catch with?

A Spotted Greenwing - I have a soft spot for the breed and thought they'd complement the silver Shimmer well. smile.gif Unfortunately, I can't do this because of the inbreeding. I should have picked a different Greenwing!

I confess to being a little surprised that relatively few Shimmers have bred true so far, but this is partly why I've been very wary about making trades/breeding promises so far - I hate making promises that take a very long time to fulfill.

/smacks forehead

I don't know why I didn't think of greenwings too. I've been doing this with mine: http://dragcave.net/lineage/VnREm

I"m a bit stuck on the greenwing portion atm, too many of those and not enough hellfire eggies.

Maybe the shimmers are just being stubborn atm and next month you'll have better luck.

Edited by Vhale

A Spotted Greenwing - I have a soft spot for the breed and thought they'd complement the silver Shimmer well. :) Unfortunately, I can't do this because of the inbreeding. I should have picked a different Greenwing!

Oh hurrah! Silver x Greenwing is a favorite combo of mine that I mentioned earlier. I'm glad a prize winner agrees. :D

Just a note: several of the winners I have communicated with have not asked for exceptionally difficult things in return for being on their list. It's not all CB golds and NDs. Most winners' lists are closed now, but that's irrespective of what they were asking for.

On the topic of lineages, I have to wonder whether my computer colors were off or something. Well, admittedly, I tried a couple of different breeding options. Pink and male neo actually look rather nice to me when matched with silver in AoND.

I think the breeding results are typical, not sure why anyone thought they would be different from the rest of the dragons we own?

If you look at some of the original tinsels released, some have bred true as few as 8 times or as many as 25, with a typical number being 12, I do not have one of every cb line, but I did review quite a few of them. This is in 2 years worth of breeding mind you.....not to depress anyone...but yeah....

Edited by Karobb

Just a note: several of the winners I have communicated with have not asked for exceptionally difficult things in return for being on their list. It's not all CB golds and NDs. Most winners' lists are closed now, but that's irrespective of what they were asking for.

I want to second this. c:

Hm, I wonder how Terrae and Silver would look...

@Siliconrose - I think M Neo x F Silver looks great too! :D

@Karobb - Thanks for that info. ^^

@42 - I don't really like it. :< I feel the Terraes don't have enough blue to match them, as even the green parts of the silver are kind of teal.

user posted image

(Ignore the names. XD)

Edited by Saloiq

Just a note: several of the winners I have communicated with have not asked for exceptionally difficult things in return for being on their list.  It's not all CB golds and NDs.  Most winners' lists are closed now, but that's irrespective of what they were asking for.

I would agree, although 'several' here is only 3-4, out of 50 winners. ._.

But guys, there is hope. I have never caught a CB Metal. Never made an ND. And indeed, it took me over a year to get a 2nd gen Tinsel. But now I have a couple of 2nd gens, and more 3rd gens than I have the patience to count. So don't give up, anything is possible, even if you can't catch Metals or make NDs. Just be patient, and don't expect everything all at once. /inspirational speech over tongue.gif

But yes, I think Neos will probably look good with the prizes, as do Moonstones. But I am going to wait and see what mates everyone else picks, and probably pick something completely different and unusual as mates for the few 2nd goes I will be getting. There's no harm in being different. :B

Edited by TheGrox

out of the new babies, i have to say Jewel is by far the prettiest. the deep teal in her is just lovely. the dragon itself reminds me of the Dragon from "Never Ending Story" happy.gif which i loved as a kid so i can't wait to get an army of these babies on my scroll and do many lovely lineages with them.

my 2nd fav is the "Silver" though honestly it looks more opeaq/blueish to me. this variation i loved even as an egg and while i will want 1 of all three for scroll completion (and 1 from each CB's line) i'll probably grab up as many Silvers as i can get my hands on wub.gif

love the eastern look as well, i was hoping that being the year of the dragon last year we would have seen more, and ditto on more red dragons; you just cannot have to much of the color red *grins*

my least fav is the Bronze, and mostly cause i think the tint of the bronze clashes with the coloration of the fins. the gold i'm torn between. anythign shiny gold i love on my scroll, but i have the same problem with the gold that i do with the bronze, thoguh its not as bad.

as for pairings, anything blue/teal colored dragon that helps highlight the coloration of those fins is subperb imo. Lurkers might look well with them, but i have to agree; the Male Moonstone is by far my fav (though i'm guessing the male nebbies will look stunning as well) and the guardian with Jewel is just to die for. that combo looks made for eachother tbh. the only combo i wouln't want to see done is with Shadow Walkers, if only cause that combo has been over done with Tins and Metals that i'm getting put off on them.

The Lumi's with the Gold & Bronze ones look nice though, the Shimmers colors help bring out the Lumi's tummy and the Lumis white color helps tone down their guadiness.

i'm trying to get on some lists for 3rd - 6th gens for these lovelies, but dont expect to get any until next year when realistically. i mean i still have to get lines from the 2012 Tins happy.gif so no rush here. though i do want one of those silver babies *nods*

that's an option too:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/TWhvG

i had to quote you becase my breath caugth on your 8G Tinsels lingeage. oh-my-lanta what a lovely baby

*is blinded by the lovely shininess of it*

I just wanted to post that I love how Jewel looks. I agree that the original color scheme is the best. All are pretty though. Love to have one at some time, I just can't bring myself to message people unless they say they explicitly state they are open to it when I know they are likely getting so much spam. Which means I am unlikely to get on a list for a while

Amazon_warrior I love the combo you chose!

Edited by ElayneDragonLover

A Spotted Greenwing - I have a soft spot for the breed and thought they'd complement the silver Shimmer well. smile.gif Unfortunately, I can't do this because of the inbreeding. I should have picked a different Greenwing!

Ooh, I do love that combo!

I had a sneaking suspicion that's what you chose! But then I saw your post wondering about purples and thought you might have gone with that instead. They're both fine choices, but I really like how complementary the colors are in this combination. Congrats on the lovely shimmerkin success. smile.gif

I had a sneaking suspicion that's what you chose! But then I saw your post wondering about purples and thought you might have gone with that instead. They're both fine choices, but I really like how complementary the colors are in this combination. Congrats on the lovely shimmerkin success. smile.gif

I confess I was tempted by a Purple mate. smile.gif I ended up throwing the Shimmer sprite into a Word doc with all the male sprites and looking to see what meshed well in my eyes.

However, I think Purple (or Horsedragon) x bronze Shimmer would look amazing!

I just can't find that many breeds I think look good with the silvers. ;;

I guess it's personal preference, but only a few stuck out to me. Guess that's what I'm going to stick to unless the people on my list want something different xd.png

However, I think Purple (or Horsedragon) x bronze Shimmer would look amazing!

Whoever owns (filly), I hope they breed to horse dragon. That would just be win.

Whoever owns (filly), I hope they breed to horse dragon. That would just be win.

That would be so fantastic. xd.png

These are very pretty. Suits me that, after I said the page needed more eastern dragons, one would be released and it would be limited edition. xd.png

I think Mysfitt's alt is, by far, the most beautiful. I love the colors!

I really hope they start breeding true more often...otherwise it is going to be a looong time before many of us will even have a chance at getting one of these pretties....

As it stands right now, they aren't breedling like rares: they are breedling like 'extremely rares'.

I really hope they start breeding true more often...otherwise it is going to be a looong time before many of us will even have a chance at getting one of these pretties....

As it stands right now, they aren't breedling like rares: they are breedling like 'extremely rares'.

Amen to this.

Bred my silver male with a female Sunsong last night successfully! I love the symmetry of them and the contrasting shimmery colors... I wanna do a lineage of them now.

But yeah, I'd def be interested in doing a lineage project with other winners, that'd be awesome.*o*

Count me in, I'd like to see C0L0R in some soon-to-be-Epic lineages too.

And more Eastern dragons of any kind are sorely needed!

There are only 61 (well maybe 66-68 with new eggs) in the entire population of DC, so extremely rare would be a good description