TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

It's funny, my first breed got me a Holly egg and my first click got me an Angel. So I'm like 'now what?'

The white egg with the red stripes is a Yulebuck egg, not a Holly.

The Holly egg is red with a gold stripe and a Holly leaf on it.

Haven't seen a single holly in the AP all day. I really wanted a second one to keep (I caught 2 and gifted one yesterday). Oh well, I'll just have to keep trying.

i saw a holly!! did not get it but saw it!!

That's totally how it is for me, too. Very very very little chance I'd actually *get* it, but I still get all excited just to *see* one!

Wow, I seriously caught a Snow Angel, Yulebuck, and a Ribbon Dancer in under a minute. Well, that leaves me with two of each and one Holly.

That's totally how it is for me, too. Very very very little chance I'd actually *get* it, but I still get all excited just to *see* one!

I am like that too!! i get so excited just to see a holly egg even if i Know i will not get it..

I do not even have one yet but just to see a holly egg gets me excited ^^

i'm not noticing lag in the cave so much as the forum's been running slower than norm the past couple days. But i'd rather the forum lag than The Cave.

Bred my remaining Christmas dragons today and abandoned them all. Here's hoping they found great homes!

How often have you guys been seeing Hollies drop in the AP lately? I haven't been on at all today, and not a whole lot yesterday, but now I have all night every night until the end of breeding to hunt, and I'd like to know if they're still around~ xd.png

How often have you guys been seeing Hollies drop in the AP lately? I haven't been on at all today, and not a whole lot yesterday, but now I have all night every night until the end of breeding to hunt, and I'd like to know if they're still around~ xd.png

I've seen a couple in the AP in the last couple of hours, some with very nice lineages when I checked them!

Not as rare as Neglecteds, though - TJ just stated in the #dc channel on IRC that, in total, there are now more Hollies on the whole site than Neglecteds. smile.gif

Makes sense that that'd happen eventually, though.

Neglecteds have to be made on an individual basis, where Hollies have the potential to increase exponentially each year. Some get lost, but not as many as get bred each year.

Pretty soon the only rare thing'll be getting Hollies with short and clean lineages.

I've seen a couple in the AP in the last couple of hours, some with very nice lineages when I checked them!

Ahkay, thanks!~ Then I'll start stalking the AP! biggrin.gif

Wow, so Hollies do appear at the AP. Just saw my first, but had no luck catching it sad.gif

Oh well, I guess camping is the way to go.

well i just completed the baking challenge now i just have to get a holly dragon  ninja.gif  i just hope i can find one wish me luck everyone

Good luck, because I have been trying and trying and trying...

I was on for the last two hours and someone posted that they had seen two Holly's in that time, but I never did... The AP is so full of Holidays that it is almost impossible to catch one even if you see it. i have got the two of each that I wanted last year with the exception of a Holly. I don't even care what the lineage is, I just want one, two if possible, but at least one... sigh... sad.gif

Edited by Husky51

Is it just me that hasn't seen any ingredients in forever? I've only got 12...

try clearing your browser's cache, closing the browser and reopen and also the best places to hunt the ingredients I've found are the smaller pages like AP, the biomes, the Account page and oddly the baking event page.

user posted image

Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I get ingredients?

Basic ingredients have to be gathered. You can find them randomly around the site. More advanced ingredients have to be made from combinations of the basic ingredients.

Where do I get recipes?

Experiment! Lots of recipes can only be discovered by choosing the right combination of ingredients.

Once you have all of the basic ingredients, you'll be able to find advanced recipes around the site instead. These advanced recipes cannot be discovered, even if you know the ingredients.

I can't discover any recipes!

That's not a question, but here's some help anyways:

A lot of key items can be made by cooking or preparing a single ingredient. Once you have these, you'll be able to prepare advanced recipes more easily.

Also, try looking at advanced recipes. See what items you don't have, and think about how you could possibly make those missing items.

How do the raffle tickets work?

You get one raffle ticket for each advanced (starred) recipe you successfully make. You only get entered once per recipe; even if you make the item multiple times, it only counts the first time.

How do I cook on a mobile device?

The cooking feature works just fine on mobile browsers. Simply tap the recipe you want to make, or tap ingredients to add them to a blank recipe.

How do I know when I'm done?

When you're done, your badge will change from an apple pie to a pumpkin pie. If this happens, you have discovered and made all of the recipes.

Please remember the topic, take chat to pm. Questions belong in help or the correct existing topic.

Are there any sites that have the recipes already posted?

I just want to know how to make bread dough and ice cream

~Post moved~

Please do not double post use the edit tool.

Edited by _Z_

no one seems to have answered my question and now it's buried so i'll ask again.

do we have to maintain a free egg slot for the raffle? or how will things work? smile.gif

still not seeing any Holly dragons today.... accepting trades or late pay smile.gif like if you give me a Holly i'll give you a dragon you'd want in the future. my current good Rare egg would be the Black Dragon smile.gif i can breed in the future biggrin.gif

Lack of Hollys in the AP may be that those who were breeding before Christmas, have done so and theirs have been grabbed. BUT...

There are TONS of people who are waiting til Christmas Eve/Day to breed and release/gift. So, don't get too blue, wait a few days, then try again. Probably be another flood for the day.

no one seems to have answered my question and now it's buried so i'll ask again.

do we have to maintain a free egg slot for the raffle? or how will things work? smile.gif

still not seeing any Holly dragons today.... accepting trades or late pay smile.gif like if you give me a Holly i'll give you a dragon you'd want in the future. my current good Rare egg would be the Black Dragon smile.gif i can breed in the future biggrin.gif

You would be notified by TJ if you won, which would give you time to open an egg slot and accept your prize. He would give you all the details if you won.

I have seen about 20 Hollies today.