TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Good luck to all of you hunting hollies, and my apologies that my Holly had only produced one egg, that was promised for a trade already. No extras for the AP from me, but good luck to all the hunters out there! Hope you find yourselves some hollies!

Just learned the EXTREAMLY HARD way, that you can only have 2 of each holiday dragon.xd.png When why i got 3 of last holloween dragons?xd.png The ONLT holiday dragon I dont have 2 of is...-gulp-.... i need to hunt for a second holly. O_O unsure.gif

Just learned the EXTREAMLY HARD way, that you can only have 2 of each holiday dragon.xd.png When why i got 3 of last holloween dragons?xd.png The ONLT holiday dragon I dont have 2 of is...-gulp-.... i need to hunt for a second holly. O_O unsure.gif

Halloween dragons are unlimited, while Christmas and Valentine's dragons have a limit of two dragons per person in order to spread the cheer around.

Yeah, this is exactly why I am wondering.why people are trading Holly's they find in the AP. I do believe they are scroll locked like the other Christmas and Valentines dragons. If you get one given to you or from AP, I think that counts as the one of two you can have, and if you give it away, you're kinda...SOL..so yeah.

Someone correct me if I am wrong though, please.

I CAN'T POST THE IMAGE...

but..my pie thing is darker and has two rolling pins behind it? Am I done or no? I haven't found anymore recipes or anything...

Edited by EmpressPhoenix

Yeah, this is exactly why I am wondering.why people are trading Holly's they find in the AP. I do believe they are scroll locked like the other Christmas and Valentines dragons. If you get one given to you or from AP, I think that counts as the one of two you can have, and if you give it away, you're kinda...SOL..so yeah.

You can have two total on your scroll, but you can change those out as many times as you want.

You can have two total on your scroll, but you can change those out as many times as you want.

Ok. I have been under the impression..that once you get one on your scroll, it counts toward your two. And if you trade it away then yeah, you just lost one of the slots and you'll only get one now.

Because for some of them, this is the only way to get CB rares. Others are satisfied with just one, or they are counting on catching another one. If I, for example, catch one more Holly I'll trade it, simply because I already have an arranged IOU for another year.

Here's a list of all the recipes:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=...many=true#gid=0

The ones that say "YES" under the Red Star column cannot be made until the recipe cards appear (instead of ingredients popping up randomly on the site).

Thought I'd bump the link for those in difficulty! Thanks again to the wonderful person who dedicated their time to do this. wub.gif

Ok. I have been under the impression..that once you get one on your scroll, it counts toward your two. And if you trade it away then yeah, you just lost one of the slots and you'll only get one now.

I believe that's the case with Guardians of Nature, which are only available through summoning (not catching), but fortunately not with holidays. smile.gif

Finished up my pie but have yet to get a single Holly lD

I've seen around 5 of them so far but never go close to catching one *sigh*

Even so, really fun Christmas event c:

So with the holiday dragons, can you have 2 adults and a frozen hatchie or no because the frozen would count as your 3rd holiday?

Thanks for helping!

-Ageless

Hi, EmpressPhoenix,

that applies to the GON - you can only Summon two and if you give or trade one away, you've only reduced the total number of potential GON's by one and can never have another to fill that spot.

People did, though, so TJ fixed it by making them untradeable.

Edit: ninja.gif ed, lol.

Quite a while ago - forgot I hadn't refreshed this page in a while, lol.

Edited by Syphoneira

So with the holiday dragons, can you have 2 adults and a frozen hatchie or no because the frozen would count as your 3rd holiday?

Thanks for helping!

-Ageless

You can have only two dragons of the same breed. It doesn't matter if one of them is frozen or not.

I'm not seeing anymore recipes, so I guess I'm done with that. Still without a holly, (I haven't even come close to catching one...) but this is a great christmas event. I love the cooking idea.

I CAN'T POST THE IMAGE...

but..my pie thing is darker and has two rolling pins behind it? Am I done or no? I haven't found anymore recipes or anything...

Yes. You're done.

QUOTE (Ageless Dragon @ Dec 21 2012, 09:36 PM)

Thanks for helping!

-Ageless

You can have only two dragons of the same breed. It doesn't matter if one of them is frozen or not.

Thanks so much!!

I swear I will never, ever catch a Holly. I've seen *one* in the AP so far, and I spent so long being surprised that I had no chance in actually getting it.

*shrugs* I kinda made my peace with not having a Holly a long time ago. That's why I don't put it in my sig or ask in the gifting/trading threads. But it's still fun to try on my own, yunno, just in case I happen to get omg-so-lucky....

I have that Google Docs spreadsheet bookmarked for the cooking thing, and it's a huge help!! Although I *do* try to make some things on my own, instead of relying on the spreadsheet for it all. I've lost count of how many recipes I've done, but they keep popping up, so apparently I haven't done them all yet!

I wonder if there will be some new recipes during the next days. I had a lot of fun with the cooking game and it would be great to continue with it. xd.png

Well, I'm looking forward for the gingerbred house decorating, and there's still the Holly hunt! biggrin.gif

How is something like this possible, by the way? I mean, you can trade for more Hallloween dragons than your eggslots allow, but Christmas dragons are limited to two. Is it okay to trade more of them from different scrolls? *confused*

I wonder if there will be some new recipes during the next days. I had a lot of fun with the cooking game and it would be great to continue with it. xd.png

Well, I'm looking forward for the gingerbred house decorating, and there's still the Holly hunt! biggrin.gif

How is something like this possible, by the way? I mean, you can trade for more Hallloween dragons than your eggslots allow, but Christmas dragons are limited to two. Is it okay to trade more of them from different scrolls? *confused*

Depends. If those eggs are from family/friend scrolls that pitched in, in order to secure a nice trade, it's ok. If all those scrolls belong to one person, that's a burning offense.

Okay, I think I've got all star recipes. How do I know I'm in the raffle? Do I have to sign up somewhere or does TJ know about who has cooked them all?