TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Quick internet, and a quick F5 finger.

OMG your a goodluck charm!!!!! 3rd gen Holly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dies right on the spot*

Edit: Though I pmed the person( I think ) to make sure it didn't auto-abandon, would hate to have an egg somone accidently lost and meant it for somone specific. sad.gif

*goes back to being dead for now*

Edited by Erithan

Quick internet, and a quick F5 finger.

That's how all the other people are getting holly's, isn't it? Ugh. >< My internet is fast, but lags a lot. Lol. I wish I had super fast internet.

Well, can't even beat 24 people to a Holly. I'm pretty sure it's my reflexes, never were very good. Well, I guess I could try trading for one.

Wow...! I'm amazed that people caught hollies! I've never even seen one in the AP, much less caught one. xd.png The cooking is amazing, and I think i've finished all of the recipes (as there are no more recipe cards appearing). Amazing even this year! smile.gif Hope everyone has happy holidays~ <3

Absolutely LOVE the recipe cards and cooking event biggrin.gif Also very excited that the prize eggs will be raffled this year. Too cool!

THANK YOU, TJ and Spriters. You've outdone even your own high standards!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Really enjoying the cooking... slowly making all my recipes as the cards come now. To bad I can't just 'cook' up a holly..... I haven't even seen any this year in the AP Can't believe others have managed to catch one let alone more then one. I dont think this year is going to be my year for one either lol.

Anyone else suddenly experiencing a lot of lag on the main site? Nothing loads for me there.

I wasn't expecting to get a Holly this year, but I'd rather have a fair shot at it :/

The site is slower than usual for me.

The AP is also filling up with non-holidays :0

Also: The forums are really slow. Really. Slow.

Anyone else suddenly experiencing a lot of lag on the main site? Nothing loads for me there.

I wasn't expecting to get a Holly this year, but I'd rather have a fair shot at it :/

Honestly? No such thing as a "fair shot", at least in terms of "fair" meaning "equal". Some people have to deal with very slow internet, some people have super-fast internet. Some people simply don't have the time to sit around constantly refreshing the AP.

But anyways, this lag is completely normal for holiday releases. This IS the "fair shot". If the cave is lagging, chances are it's lagging for everyone, so you aren't the only one not being able to grab a Holly.

The site is slower than usual for me.

The AP is also filling up with non-holidays :0

Also: The forums are really slow. Really. Slow.

Lag is off an on for me, more in the forums if anything.

Suprised there are non-holidays showing up this early, no way everyone picked up all the eggs that have been in there o.o

There don't seem to be any left to grab, as there seems to be only one row of holidays in the AP at the moment.

Anybody?? huh.gif

You have to use different blank recipe cards for different methods of cooking. Things that require stovetop cooking, or no cooking just assembling, need the Preparation Recipe card. Things that require cooking in the oven, like roasting meat, need the Oven Recipe card. Hope this helps!

There don't seem to be any left to grab, as there seems to be only one row of holidays in the AP at the moment.

perhaps theres some shuffling going around? or all those eggs really did get grabbed up o.o which would surprise me. (First Christmas due to spacing last year, but still seems abnormal)

The text on the list turns black, not the star icon ^^

Thanks, I'm so unobservant that I couldn't recall what they looked like before when I went back to see what would have turned black, lol.

It's funny, my first breed got me a Holly egg and my first click got me an Angel. So I'm like 'now what?'

Finally finished the cooking! I made three of everything for some reason..Back to Holly hunting it is!

Looks like the AP is back in the holiday spirit hehe

Though the forum keeps going "Bah Hum Bug!" dry.gif

Honestly? No such thing as a "fair shot", at least in terms of "fair" meaning "equal". Some people have to deal with very slow internet, some people have super-fast internet. Some people simply don't have the time to sit around constantly refreshing the AP.

But anyways, this lag is completely normal for holiday releases. This IS the "fair shot". If the cave is lagging, chances are it's lagging for everyone, so you aren't the only one not being able to grab a Holly.

Alright, allow me to rephrase that as it appears I used the wrong words. What I mean is 'I'd rather have a slightly bigger chance at catching a Holly rather than waiting for the AP to load, praying it doesn't end in a blank screen, and if it does load, wait ten seconds for the images to show, click as fast as I can on the nearest Holly egg and hope the six second wait to connect to the server is enough to snag me the egg'. Clearer? tongue.gif

lol. Took a break from holly watching and browsed the cave. Apperently, my connection is slow enough I can't get eggs even when no one is on the page: saw a vine and bottom said users on this page 0. Still taken before I clicked. smile.gif

ah well, I didnt need it anyway.