TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

yes but three out of four were automatically abandoned within the hour, then I chose the remaining one whitch is now gone as well.

The eggs auto- abandon after half an hour, not a full hour.

Atleast you guys see hollies in the AP, I'm not even seeing 1 today. Atleast next year there will be even more people breeding them. Back to hunting.

I, myself, am just grabbing the regular eggs from the abandons page. I got all of my Christmas dragons, except Hollies, but I figured that I couldn’t get any this year; this is my first year, anyways, so allowing the players who never got any hollies in the past few years would be more fair. xd.png

Thank you so much to TJ and the spriters. The cooking has been so much fun! Almost finished with it. And it has been a productive event so far. Picked up my 2nd Holly, two winter magis that I missed out on last year and even managed to snag a Leetle Tree. Not sure how I got so lucky but I'm grateful! LOL

Caught my first Holly last night. It's so pwetty<3 I enjoy the cooking event. It's fun finding all these ingredients and recipe cards. Thank you TJ and spriters. You guys really out did yourselves. smile.gif

Not sure who exactly came up with the cooking idea; the gathering ingrediants, the recipes and the actual implementation (whether it was a group idea or an individual's brainwave)....but it is a pretty darn inspired and brilliant idea.

Thanks for an imaginative and very fun event!

Edited by Dubious

Not sure who exactly came up with the cooking idea; the gathering ingrediants, the recipes and the actual implementation (whether it was a group idea or an individual's brainwave)....but it is a pretty darn inspired and brilliant idea.

Thanks for an imaginative and very fun event!

I agree, I loved the cooking event, I went and cooked up a bunch of the prep items, not sure why it was fun lol, i think i have 12 roasted chickens haha i had to stop playing in there

I'm so excited for the new Christmas dragons <3 I keep reminding myself I HAVE to keep 2 slots open, but the Hollies keep appearing and I keep clicking at them by force of habit. xd.png

I think I've made everything now - recipe cards have stopped showing up for me. I wish there was a way to make sure. XD

I think I've made everything now - recipe cards have stopped showing up for me. I wish there was a way to make sure. xd.png

There is. When you're pie looks...um, baked.

I mean, when your badge...the middle turns golden Or brown, I'm not sure which, it means that you're finished.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

I, myself, am just grabbing the regular eggs from the abandons page. I got all of my Christmas dragons, except Hollies, but I figured that I couldn’t get any this year; this is my first year, anyways, so allowing the players who never got any hollies in the past few years would be more fair. xd.png

I'm doing exactly this wink.gif

Boosting my scroll number is my only priority until Christmas day ~

It seems as if the Holiday Cooking only works on Internet Explorer and not Chrome...Oh well atleast my pie looks like it has frosting on it!

There is. When you're pie looks...um, baked.

I mean, when your badge...the middle turns golden Or brown, I'm not sure which, it means that you're finished.

From the original post:

How do I know when I'm done?

When you're done, your badge will change from an apple pie to a pumpkin pie. If this happens, you have discovered and made all of the recipes.

With all my holiday cooking done and my goal met for 1 Holly, i have been sitting in the cave trying to catch a brine, have not even as much as seen one, but a very sweet person did help me get a CB Red who with any luck will breed with my beloved Holly next year,

I do have all my Christmas Dragons still ready to breed, missed obtaining last years due to being in hospital, but have the others, if anyone wants me to breed for you please pm me, I have 2 beautiful Yule Bucks with cave born parents one who always gives me a yule, the other never bred I only breed my Christmas if i have someone in need

just let me know smile.gif

I can't even boil water...

No, seriously, I can't even do that. I have all 17 ingredients and got my first recipe. But I can't get any of the basic ingredients to work, dough, fruit slices nothing...

Anyone else having this problem?

What Browser are you using? I was having a hard time with it with internet explorer so I switched over to Firefox and my Cell phone and it worked fine there.

My Holly hatched!! biggrin.gif The hatchies are so cute :3 Still waiting to give the 2nd one to my boyfriend, as it's about to hatch in the next 3-4 hours ^^; I still can't believe I was given a Holly (thank you again :3), and caught another.... I'm in shock still laugh.gif I've finished the cooking event long ago, just patiently waiting for the minigame and the raffle :3

I was wondering how much longer we have untill you can't breed christmas dragons anymore.

According to TJ's announcement they can breed through December 26.

I am amazed at the number of Hollies I am seeing in the hatcheries. For a species that was nearly extinct a few years ago they are making a nice comeback. smile.gif My own contributed nicely to that by giving me 4 eggs each.

Edited by purplehaze

I'm a cook in real life... How can I not figure out how to make these simple things like chocolate, Gingerbread and Bread dough! ;-; Do you Have to have the recipes for them?

' date='Dec 22 2012, 11:42 AM'] I'm a cook in real life... How can I not figure out how to make these simple things like chocolate, Gingerbread and Bread dough! ;-; Do you Have to have the recipes for them?

You don't need recipe cards for those things, but they don't necessarily use exactly the ingredients that you would use in real life. wink.gif

If you want a spoiler try here.

According to TJ's announcement they can breed through December 26.

I am amazed at the number of Hollies I am seeing in the hatcheries. For a species that was nearly extinct a few years ago they are making a nice comeback. smile.gif My own contributed nicely to that by giving me 4 eggs each.

This is the usual misunderstanding of TJ's info. They can breed until midnight between the 25th and 26th, meaning breeding ends the first second of the 26th.