TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

I still can't believe I was given a Holly (thank you again :3), and caught another.... I'm in shock still

One of my holly's are related to one of your's xd.png ( The non-thuwed one) A great grand child of Hollyberry >.<

One of my holly's are related to one of your's xd.png ( The non-thuwed one) A great grand child of Hollyberry >.<

Oh cool! :3 The non-Thuwed Holly I have is the one that's going to be gifted, and I'll attempt (emphasis there xd.png) to try and catch another x3 If I don't get another, at least I have one I can breed for others and can catch one next year :3

This is the usual misunderstanding of TJ's info. They can breed until midnight between the 25th and 26th, meaning breeding ends the first second of the 26th.

Erm. The OP says until midnight of the 26th. :-X

In any case, they're still breedable for at least a couple of days. Get it done ass soon as you can if it worries you.

A question I was wondering about recently: Does DC's userbase grow at such an exponential rate that the Holiday breed limits would never become a problem? For example, will there never come a time when every user has met the breed limit and therefore anything they breed will be "stuck" in the AP? Or, you know, past holidays won't produce an eggs because of the ratios. JW.

Happy holidays, everyone! Back to bakin mah recipeeeeez. ninja.gif

Yay! I finally managed to finishing baking my Gingerbread house, but I wonder what the minigame will be?

Yay! I finally managed to finishing baking my Gingerbread house, but I wonder what the minigame will be?

Erm. The OP says until midnight of the 26th. :-X

In any case, they're still breedable for at least a couple of days. Get it done ass soon as you can if it worries you.

A question I was wondering about recently: Does DC's userbase grow at such an exponential rate that the Holiday breed limits would never become a problem? For example, will there never come a time when every user has met the breed limit and therefore anything they breed will be "stuck" in the AP? Or, you know, past holidays won't produce an eggs because of the ratios. JW.

Happy holidays, everyone! Back to bakin mah recipeeeeez.  ninja.gif

That's everyone's doubt xd.png

For me midnight of the 26th is one minute past 11:59pm of the 25th. In that case it would last just until the first second of the 26th.

Others may consider the midnight of the 26th the actual beginning of the 27th xd.png and in that case it would last the whole 26th

It happened with the other holiday dragons yesterday, they got stuck for some time until a database error jumped in and it somehow cleared out. People come and go, there's always new people ready to take the eggs every year, and less people from the years before to breed their dragons. If it reaches the point the AP is completely full and no one can take any egg, I think TJ will fix it ^^'

Edited by LaHaine

Some how I got the gingerbread house, but not the hard candy recipe sad.gif

So I missed out on 2 sad.gif

The hard candy recipe isn't a star recipe...It's a normal recipe.

I finally finished my recipes. Now if only I could catch a Holly...

Happy holidays!

Shortly after I posted this, I got offered my first Holly egg by diannethegeek.

Thanks very much and good luck to all the Holly Hunters!

My site is now lagging and getting a Holly seems so far out of reach now. I'm debating asking someone for help, but I'm not sure how to do that. Do I ask someone directly? Or do I ask on a thread or something?

On a happier note, I can't wait to see the new dragon! I'm going to try my hardest to get at least one. I also can't wait for the mini game. So many things to look forward to!

Hi.I collected all main ingredients and I find at last 3-5 recipes every day on DragonCave. But today I didn't find anything however much I was on DragonCave. Why? And can we find recipe for Sweet Dough and Ice Cream?I really can't make them however much I try...

My site is now lagging and getting a Holly seems so far out of reach now. I'm debating asking someone for help, but I'm not sure how to do that. Do I ask someone directly? Or do I ask on a thread or something?

There are several ways. Either go to the Trading subforum and check the gifting threads and see where you can ask for one, keep an eye on the departure threads, check out the IRC and maybe you'll stumble on a lotto, or make a wishlist in your sig and hope someone will notice (this worked for me, thanks again you awesome person)

well this christmas was a success so far i got 2 hollies <3 both from people who werent charging an arm and a leg for them xd.png <3 and finished all the recipes now to wait for the christmas release

There are several ways. Either go to the Trading subforum and check the gifting threads and see where you can ask for one, keep an eye on the departure threads, check out the IRC and maybe you'll stumble on a lotto, or make a wishlist in your sig and hope someone will notice (this worked for me, thanks again you awesome person)

I see. How would I make a wishlist?

I see. How would I make a wishlist?

Put in your sig that you wish for a holly. For me, the IRC chat worked better ^^ (got a free one from a really kind person there)

Edited by LaHaine

Put in your sig that you wish for a holly. For me, the IRC chat worked better ^^ (got a free one from a really kind person there)

The IRC? How can I get there?

The IRC? How can I get there?

irc.technoized.com channel dc, but don't go there begging ^^' have fun with the people there and maybe someone will start a lotto or a contest of some sort for a Holly they picked up but dont want

@BloomSara

Check the spreadsheet for the recipes you can't find (you can only find red recipes, you probably already found themall): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=...many=true#gid=0 (probably there is a better one, but this was the first one I saw)

Holly dragons are the dragons from the first Christmas in DC (2007): http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Holly_Dragon

Edited by LaHaine

The hard candy recipe isn't a star recipe...It's a normal recipe.

Thanks - somehow I'd missed that, despite having the list lol

All set, and I have a toasty brown pie icon!

If anyone still needs help with recipes: Look at the last line of my sig

(I hold no credits for pulling that list together)

*Is it me or is the forum lagging? o.0*

Welp, I've collected all 17 recipe items and made all the non-red-star recipes! Now I just need to find the red-star recipes and make 'em and I'm done! =D What a fun event! And I have an awesome little Holly baby... *hugs*

Despite all the traveling, this is the best DC Christmas for me so far! Thanks to everyone who made it happen!

~Feathers

So my badge changed to a pumpkin pie... I'm done now, right? Nothing else to do?

@DeathCry- It's insanely laggy. I keep getting 503 messages.

So my badge changed to a pumpkin pie... I'm done now, right? Nothing else to do?

@DeathCry- It's insanely laggy. I keep getting 503 messages.

Yep, you're done until we get the gingerbread house minigame.

Oh and ditto on the 503 errors