TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Well I caught 2 hollies and a cheese dragon for my school now its onto the christmas event :/ which seems like I am only getting recipies and no more ingredients to make anything DX god I wish they would hurry up and give me something useful so I can make something else

I haven't seen a new recipe for almost two hours now.

On the other hand, I've had no luck making either

- chocolate

- ice cream

or

- lemon curd

If these are on recipe cards then they definitely haven't dropped yet for me.

If they aren't, can someone help me out? I've tried all sorts of combinations, but I always end up with messes... I'm running out of ideas and starting to try really exotic combos... O.o

Thanks!

Anyone know how to get some of the ingredients?

I can't seem to figure out any of the recipes that give you raffle tickets yet. Anyone know if there's salt or butter? And anyone know how to make bread?

Well I caught 2 hollies and a cheese dragon for my school now its onto the christmas event :/ which seems like I am only getting recipies and no more ingredients to make anything DX god I wish they would hurry up and give me something useful so I can make something else

Once you're getting recipes, you've gotten all the ingredients you need. Try combining them to find new ingredients -- that's the only way you get any more.

Would anyone mind telling me if cocoa beans are dropped or need to be made? I need it to make chocolate.

It is a drop smile.gif

I never thought game cooking would be so adicting. Is it for this holiday only? Like the trick-or-treating this last holloween? And we just get a badge off it?

P.S. I turned to holiday cooking as I could find NO HOLLY EGGS! Though I saw a GLIMPS of one earlyer today that i didnt win, so I know theyare still out there. IF YOU HAVE ANY UNWANTED HOLLY EGGS! Give them to me! Just PM me and ill drop some egg to make room, ill even trade/singal way one to you! I know most may want their holly egg, BUT IF YOU DONT, hook up with me.

How you MAKE STUFF?! I keep getting giant mess's and I think im doing somthing WRONG. HELP!

All done with my cooking. And after 4 years on DC I finally caught a Holly - and not just any Holly, but a pretty 5th gen stair descended from the Holly Spriter's own!! Still can't believe it! blink.gif

Good luck to all you guys! I am headed to bed!

Hi, I caught 2 of last year's xmas eggies,that I didn't have!!,can someone help & gift me a holly eggy please.

Mine's doing that too. I was using the 1960's mode, but then switched back to the default and it's still messed up. I also did a hard reset and all the above.

Mine is the same as well as not letting me cook my star recipes and cooking random preps instead sad.gif

Once you're getting recipes, you've gotten all the ingredients you need. Try combining them to find new ingredients -- that's the only way you get any more.

....I tried. I amanged to make apple slices and roast turkey....But failed to make ice cream and chocolate.....I am confused how do you do it.

Fun, heehee! laugh.gif I'm staying mostly out of this thread, since I don't want to see any recipe spoilers, but I just had to pop in and squee. Love the cooking mini-game, and I'm hoping to "catch them all" by the weekend!

In other, only tangentally related news, I heard a phrase today I never thought was possible. As backstory, a couple of months ago, I got a couple of my coworkers to try DC. One of them didn't really stick with it past the first week or so, but the other is still playing. So this morning, there was an actual, audible squeal from down the hall, and she came rushing up from the direction of the elevators, with her backpack over one arm and her coat buttoned up, red-faced from the cold outside, and waving her smartphone over her head like a championship trophy, and the moment she sees me, she yells, "I caught a holly on my phone!" rolleyes.gif

Of course, it's her first Christmas on DC, so I assume she means she's caught just a random one of the previous holiday dragons, but once she held the phone still long enough for me to look, yep, that sucker was a holly. laugh.gif

Anyway, back to trying to figure out how to make virtual chocolate. Happy cooking, all, and best of luck with AP catches and the big drop next week!

Haha, boy am I glad that I logged in today.

Wow. This looks like the best holiday yet. biggrin.gif Thanks TJ!

In other, only tangentally related news, I heard a phrase today I never thought was possible. As backstory, a couple of months ago, I got a couple of my coworkers to try DC. One of them didn't really stick with it past the first week or so, but the other is still playing. So this morning, there was an actual, audible squeal from down the hall, and she came rushing up from the direction of the elevators, with her backpack over one arm and her coat buttoned up, red-faced from the cold outside, and waving her smartphone over her head like a championship trophy, and the moment she sees me, she yells, "I caught a holly on my phone!" rolleyes.gif

Of course, it's her first Christmas on DC, so I assume she means she's caught just a random one of the previous holiday dragons, but once she held the phone still long enough for me to look, yep, that sucker was a holly. laugh.gif

It does seem like hollies are easier to catch this year, from all the delighted catchers. ^^ Last year there was a lot more "it's hopeless... I'm never going to catch one..."

I've seen a lot more this year (and I haven't even been trying, because I already have my two).

I've seen already seven Hollies today, so yeah.

I've seen six, which is an improvement from the two I saw last year. Maybe I can catch one! Probably not... But the cooking minigame is awesome. wink.gif

Wow, that was weird. For a while, my cooking wouldn't let me make anything directly from the recipes, and if I clicked one, it would make something else at random. It seems to be okay now. Phew!

Also so excited - a friend just sent me my first ever Holly! I've been playing for four years and never had any luck...so finally! Still hoping to catch another. I've been trying since last night with no luck. At least now I have one, and there will be babies next year.

Now I just have to breed my other holiday dragons and bestow eggies unto the AP.

Edited by RagaDal

Im not sure if I am allowed to ask this here or not but does anyone know how to make stock. I have tried combining things to get it but no luck or is it suppose to be a recipe card that you get?

Also thanks to those that work hard to put this together I have had fun doing this one.

Yep, if you try to make something without the red star card, it end up as mess ^^; You'll need the card first :3

How do you get this card? o_0

So, can someone link me to that cooking spreadsheet I heard about?

search the entire posts, and you will find the spreedsheet, someone has it in signature.

You just click around the site. Once you have all of the 'basic' indredients you'll start finding recipe cards.

Im not sure if I am allowed to ask this here or not but does anyone know how to make stock. I have tried combining things to get it but no luck or is it suppose to be a recipe card that you get?

Also thanks to those that work hard to put this together I have had fun doing this one.

Stock is made the same way you'd make it in real life. Meat and boiling water.

Once you have all the basic ingrediants, recipes will start dropping for you.

Me, it looks like I got all my cooking done...and it's looking like I won't be getting a second Holly (though I'll keep trying from time to time).