TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

I don't get it... when people want things like custom dragons the answer is dragon cave is supposed to be a game in which everyone can get the same dragons... we already have 2 discontinued dragons and now a couple contest winners get a special one?

or does it mean that winners of the raffle will get the FIRST eggs of the not yet released species?

not that I'm complaining, I have my hands full with the dragons already released.

but dragons you can't get feels like the opposite goal of what dragoncave is all about, collecting.

They will most likely be breedable.

HOWEVER!

For the first six months to a year, it will be incredibly difficult for the average player to get their eggs.

I don't know why things are done this way, but that's the way it goes, unfortunately.

It actually helps people keep playing. You know, having a hard-to-fulfill objective. As long as they are not impossible to get, I don't mind

I have sliced apples, sliced mushrooms, marshmallows, fruit jam and chocolate. I have been trying to make bread, but I have a sinking feeling I'm missing butter or something. :/ I am trying to make a fruit bread/cake.

Also, apparently Water + Herbs + Meat + Vegetables + Sliced/Regular Mushrooms does not make stew... mad.gif

Can anyone give me some more ideas?

Ingredients:

Apple Slices x 2

Chocolate x 1

Fruit Jam x 1

Marshmallows x 1

Cocoa Beans

Eggs

Flour

Fruit

Grain

Herbs

Ice

Meat

Milk

Mushrooms

Nuts

Poultry

Spices

Sugar

Vegetables

Water

Yeast

Edited by XxxAziexxX

Early morning hunt (for me) yelded a successful Holly catch! Not a very good lineage, but not a terribad, long mess or inbred one either. I'll keep hunting for a second (hopefully better lingeaged one).

Cool!! Just got the card for Gingerbread house and made one. Now I get to play the mini-game on Christmas!!

Did someone say that the red star turns black after it's been submitted?

I haven't been seeing that.. how will I know if "my dish" has been entered?

No, the text turns black (on the lsit of recipes), not the star

Wait...what? I just got the red star recipe for Meat Pie....when I already made one last night before I went to bed! blink.gif

(btw, anyone have a recipe list? I'm having a hard time figuring out some of the combinations....)

Edited by Slaskia

I realize that in 10 mins, this will be buried and someone will have to state them again, but....

There are so far 73 total recipes, including at least 40 red star ones.

You get all 17 basic ingredients first, THEN the red star recipe cards will fall.

SOME of the things you need for the red star recipes will need to be made first from the basic ones.

Once you click a red star recipe and make it, that is one entry for the raffle. Only one entry per red star.

Even if you know the ingredients for a red star recipe, you can't make it til you get the card drop for it.

There are TWO red star meat pie recipes...one is for 'meat', and the other uses 'chicken'.

There are THREE "pie a la mode" recipes...one for pecan, one for lemon meringue, and one for apple.

And for those who want a shortcut, HERE is the (so far) complete listing of all recipes and what they need.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=...many=true#gid=0

Anyone need to add anything else? Please feel free to copy this list in about 10 mins, to help those who refuse to read previous posts.

Edited by Riverwillows

I think that they were talking about the title of recipe card itself in the list; it is red before you make it and turns black once it has been made. Nne of the stars on mine turned black.

That's happening to me too.

Looks good, I'll be (failingly) trying to discover my own recipes and hunting for Hollies! Thanks TJ :]

I realize that in 10 mins, this will be buried and someone will have to state them again, but....

There are so far 75 total recipes, including at least 40 red star ones.

You get all 17 basic ingredients first, THEN the red star recipe cards will fall.

SOME of the things you need for the red star recipes will need to be made first from the basic ones.

Once you click a red star recipe and make it, that is one entry for the raffle. Only one entry per red star.

Even if you know the ingredients for a red star recipe, you can't make it til you get the card drop for it.

There are TWO red star meat pie recipes...one is for 'meat', and the other uses 'chicken'.

And for those who want a shortcut, HERE is the (so far) complete listing of all recipes and what they need.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=...many=true#gid=0

Anyone need to add anything else? Please feel free to copy this list in about 10 mins, to help those who refuse to read previous posts.

Thank you! I just asked for this. smile.gif

Wow a cooking event this year :3. I was hoping to have luck at catching at least 1 Holly this year but I guess it just won't happen. I have Horrible luck trying to catch rare breeds like that. Anyways Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

I have tried several times to make chocolate, have never made it before and yet the combo I know it should be is not working.

Hmm...a cooking event...cool. Happy holidays!

TJ, will the dragon that winners of the raffle win be available to other players later in DC? Or never again?

Can't wait for the new dragon!

Ye Gods....look back a few posts, will you all? Its on this same page!!

I compared my items with the document (thanks to the one who made it), there are only 73 on my Scroll (and no more recipes appear) instead of 75 items, I don´t have any Pie à la mode, but I´m sure that´s the Apple Pie à la mode (same ingredients an preparing method), and the treats are listed from 2-75 ^^°

BLARGARARA!

-crazy maniac, runs to cave as I have NO holiday xmas dragons this year or past and WANT THEM-

(lol, good luck peeps, ill know ill need luck to.xd.png)

ONE RAFFLE TICKET PER RED STAR DISH

Make them as many times as you want, only the first time counts.

Do you get one raffle entry per red star dish cooked, or do you only get one per first time a red star dish is cooked? In other words, is there an advantage to cooking the same red star dish over and over again?

As another note, I'm on an iPhone 4S and the event will not work for me--no recipes or ingredients will show up to be used. >___<

One entry per red recipe. Which means there's no advantage in cooking the same dish over and over again

Edited by LaHaine

Hey guys,

My "shortcut" recipe buttons refuse to make anything. I click the make button and it just restarts. What can I do? Some of them take awhile to do manually.