TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

My cooking page is broken. i can stll pick up my missing ingredient s. But when i get to my cooking page, it showd a blank oven card and i can't cook.

So frustrated in getting a holly egg sad.gif, spent the last 3 hours stalking the AP non-stop (while collecting a LOT of recipes) in the hopes of getting one. Clicked on 15-20 of them by now but I can never seem to get one, losing hope :/

why are Hollies so valuable?

Because they were given out in 2007. First Christmas dragon ever. There were far fewer players then, and many of the ones with those hollies no longer play. There were some new ones given out as prizes last year, so there will be *some* more in circulation, but they are super rare. Hopefully over the next few years, with the new ones that have been given out, they'll start to catch up with the current DC population, but there are hundreds if not thousands of players who DON'T have them, so there's a ton of competition for each little egg.

tj should make a doomsday egg haha

hehe, I'd love this.

I'm kinda hoping for a darker Christmas dragon this year because of 2012, so we'll just have to see what happens. xd.png

I figured it out!! smile.gif I have made eggnog and some other cool stuff! smile.gif

When do we unlock the mini game though? smile.gif

Thank you for the help. smile.gif

Edited by majors

This is fun. biggrin.gif I've gotten all the basic ingredients, and I've made a few red star recipes.

And i've seen a few Hollies, but no luck so far

I figured it out!! smile.gif I have made eggnog and some other cool stuff! smile.gif

When do we unlock the mini gam though? smile.gif

Thank you for the help. smile.gif

Once you find and make the gingerbread house - by midnight on the 25th. ^^

Well, the closest I'm getting to a Holly so far is the one I dreamt I caught xd.png /keeps on clicking

Edited by Haloclimb

There are so far 72 total recipes, including at least 40 red star ones.

I think it's actually 73 recipes, not 72.

Breedings have been going well. I bred my female holly, and got 3 eggies, still waiting on breeding the male and the other Christmasses.

Question: When I access the minigame, it seems that the kitchen background is gone, and the recipe card is kindof malfunctioning as well. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Question: When I access the minigame, it seems that the kitchen background is gone, and the recipe card is kindof malfunctioning as well. Is anybody else experiencing this?

I had that happen earlier and it went back to normal after a little while. I think it is due to how busy DC is right now. You could try a hard refresh but that didn't work for me earlier, I just had to wait it out.

edit: Or better yet, try what TJ suggested smile.gif

Edited by rubyshoes

Just made my gingerbread house! YAY! I have almost all the recipes just missing a select few =)

Now if I can just get my hands on a holly, I can join in on the breeding to help others =D

Here it is again:

-------SNIP-----

There are THREE "pie a la mode" recipes...one for pecan, one for lemon meringue, and one for apple.

------SNIP-------

Riverwillows, there are 4 pie's 'a la mode'. You forgot the Pumpkin Pie 'a la mode'. ninja.gif

How do you make plain dough?

On the blank prep card with eggs and flour. smile.gif

Clear your browser's cache.

Here it is again:

You get all 17 basic ingredients first, THEN the red star recipe cards will fall.

SOME of the things you need for the red star recipes will need to be made first from the basic ones.

Once you click a red star recipe and make it, that is one entry for the raffle. Only one entry per red star.

Even if you know the ingredients for a red star recipe, you can't make it til you get the card drop for it.

There are TWO red star meat pie recipes...one is for 'meat', and the other uses 'chicken'.

There are THREE "pie a la mode" recipes...one for pecan, one for lemon meringue, and one for apple.

And for those who want a shortcut, HERE is the (so far) complete listing of all recipes and what they need.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=...many=true#gid=0           

**Link may be down periodically if too many people are on it, or someone is making changes to it. Keep trying. Seriously. Keep trying.

When you get all the recipes done, your icon becomes a cooked filled pie.

You get the mini game ONLY if you've managed to get the recipe for the Gingerbread House AND have made it.

Thank you for this. I thought I already knew everything about this event, but just realised I had no idea there WAS a minigame specifically related to the gingerbread house! What game is this and how do I access it?

Edited by Bunns

Riverwillows, there are 4 pie's 'a la mode'. You forgot the Pumpkin Pie 'a la mode'. ninja.gif

oops, you is right. lol. Me forgot. I'll adjust the original message. hehe

Well, no luck so far in the Holly hunt. smile.gif I swear it seemed to be easier last year, because I saw far more Hollies in the AP back then (in the first few hours of breeding). More multiclutches, at least. But alas, this year that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess most Hollies have been bred by now, so it looks like I'm going to have to wait until next year to catch my first Holly. smile.gif

Anyway, in regards to the baking event... does anyone know whether having more items baked from the red star recipes will enhance one's chances at the raffle? Say, one has 20 of each red star recipe, would one then have a better chance than a person who has just 1 of each red star recipe? Just thought I'd verify, because I had seen people on IRC boast of having over a 100 of some recipes. blink.gif Thank you in advance to anyone who could shed some light on that. smile.gif

How on earth do I get to the mini-game? My pie is all baked but I don't have any idea on how to get to it.

WB

Here it is again: (will continue to repost frequently)

You get all 17 basic ingredients first, THEN the red star recipe cards will fall.

SOME of the things you need for the red star recipes will need to be made first from the basic ones.

Once you click a red star recipe and make it, that is one entry for the raffle. Only one entry per red star.

Even if you know the ingredients for a red star recipe, you can't make it til you get the card drop for it.

There are TWO red star meat pie recipes...one is for 'meat', and the other uses 'chicken'.

There are FOUR "pie a la mode" recipes...one for pumpkin, one for pecan, one for lemon meringue, and one for apple.

And for those who want a shortcut, HERE is the (so far) complete listing of all recipes and what they need.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=...many=true#gid=0

**Link may be down periodically if too many people are on it, or someone is making changes to it. Keep trying. Seriously. Keep trying.

When you get all the recipes done, your icon becomes a cooked filled pie.

You get the mini game ONLY if you've managed to get the recipe for the Gingerbread House AND have made it. SEE TJ'S FIRST POST

Edited by Riverwillows