TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Well, no luck so far in the Holly hunt. smile.gif I swear it seemed to be easier last year, because I saw far more Hollies in the AP back then (in the first few hours of breeding). More multiclutches, at least. But alas, this year that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess most Hollies have been bred by now, so it looks like I'm going to have to wait until next year to catch my first Holly. smile.gif

Anyway, in regards to the baking event... does anyone know whether having more items baked from the red star recipes will enhance one's chances at the raffle? Say, one has 20 of each red star recipe, would one then have a better chance than a person who has just 1 of each red star recipe? Just thought I'd verify, because I had seen people on IRC boast of having over a 100 of some recipes. blink.gif Thank you in advance to anyone who could shed some light on that. smile.gif

Dude, ONE PAGE AGO someone answered that in a big bolded FAQ on the event.

*edit*

And now above as well.

Edited by Bunns

I cleared my broswer's cache, and the minigame is working fine now. Thank you for the tips, Rubyshoes and TJ!

*Punches air triumphantly* I have made all the recipes! MANY thanks to those that put the Google Document together; it was a massive lifesaver. I now have my filled pie icon. ^>^

Caught a second Yulebuck, and also bred my one lonely inbred holly for someone, and it gave me a 4-egg clutch! 3 of those went straight off to the AP, hopefully to people who really needed a Holly. Hoping for a nicely-lineaged one out of the AP for myself this year, though I know it's HIGHLY unlikely. Not even gonna bother getting my hopes up, but, you know... smile.gif

Edited by LibbyLishly

My signature for the most part summarizes my event experience so far-although I didn't mention that I think this is driving me nuts-as I laugh and twitch whenever I miss a Holly or refresh with a one last look to see I'm refreshing without collecting a recipe. xd.png But I'm having fun. So, I guess that's all that counts as school has been extremely stressful the last couple weeks.

Oh my god!!!!

This event is great!!!!

Cant wait to play!!!!

I am worring did i miss the xmas event again.

As i see the date is dec 18, lucky i did not miss too mich~

thank you TJ and all the others for this great xmas event!

How on earth do I get to the mini-game? My pie is all baked but I don't have any idea on how to get to it.

WB

The gingerbread house part of the minigame event doesn't start until the 25th.

edited to clarify

Edited by rubyshoes

Question: When I access the minigame, it seems that the kitchen background is gone, and the recipe card is kindof malfunctioning as well. Is anybody else experiencing this?

mine has been looking similar to that for hours. now I have the kitchen BG back, but the recipe pictures are all messed yp.

Well, no luck so far in the Holly hunt. smile.gif I swear it seemed to be easier last year, because I saw far more Hollies in the AP back then (in the first few hours of breeding). More multiclutches, at least. But alas, this year that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess most Hollies have been bred by now, so it looks like I'm going to have to wait until next year to catch my first Holly. smile.gif

Anyway, in regards to the baking event... does anyone know whether having more items baked from the red star recipes will enhance one's chances at the raffle? Say, one has 20 of each red star recipe, would one then have a better chance than a person who has just 1 of each red star recipe? Just thought I'd verify, because I had seen people on IRC boast of having over a 100 of some recipes. blink.gif Thank you in advance to anyone who could shed some light on that. smile.gif

How do the raffle tickets work?

You get one raffle ticket for each advanced (starred) recipe you successfully make. You only get entered once per recipe; even if you make the item multiple times, it only counts the first time.

From TJ =)

So Doesnt matter if you have 100 of say the Egg Nog. You only get one entry for that recipe

biggrin.gif

Been trying for a holly all day, sigh... will still try... have made a few things. Haven't found the apples or sugar yet though.

mine has been looking similar to that for hours. now I have the kitchen BG back, but the recipe pictures are all messed yp.

TJ suggested clearing your cache to fix the problem.

Don't know if this helps but I had the kitchen background disappearing problem, and I managed to get it back.

I disabled javascript, then re-enabled it, refreshed the page and the background came back. I'm still having problems creating the poultry meat pie so I don't think it fixes the recipe problems.

Ok once I downloaded firefox and can make stuff, now im having fun! smile.gifsmile.gif Thanks TJ I really like this event so far. smile.gif

And the Holly Dragon trolls continue to taunt me

One again - everytime I go to take a bite of my food, one shows up.

GAH!

At least I've made so recipies - cooking helps take away anger I feel wink.gif

I felt like I should stock up for the winter so I made 25 of each Item and recipes smile.gif has anyone else done that lol

Heeeeeeeere Hollys...come out come out were ever you are...

Man, I'm having way too much fun with the cooking event. xd.png

Here it is again: (will continue to post periodically)

There are so far 72 total recipes, including at least 40 red star ones.

You get all 17 basic ingredients first, THEN the red star recipe cards will fall.

SOME of the things you need for the red star recipes will need to be made first from the basic ones.

Once you click a red star recipe and make it, that is one entry for the raffle. Only one entry per red star.

Even if you know the ingredients for a red star recipe, you can't make it til you get the card drop for it.

There are TWO red star meat pie recipes...one is for 'meat', and the other uses 'chicken'.

There are FOUR "pie a la mode" recipes...one for pumpkin, one for pecan, one for lemon meringue, and one for apple.

And for those who want a shortcut, HERE is the (so far) complete listing of all recipes and what they need.

COMPLETE RECIPE PAGE - LINK WORKS NOW!!!!

When you get all the recipes done, your icon becomes a cooked filled pie.

You get the mini game ONLY if you've managed to get the recipe for the Gingerbread House AND have made it. SEE TJ'S FIRST POST

IF you continue to have problems working the cooking page, try a hard refresh, or closing then reopening your browser...as per TJ

Edited by Riverwillows

This is a pretty neat event man.

I hope people are happy with the holly eggs they caught from me.

Happy holidays yo.

Whats this talk about rainbow chicken recipes iv heard floating about?

I ask because my recipe cards have stopped dropping and im trying to figure out what im missing :/

Dude, ONE PAGE AGO someone answered that in a big bolded FAQ on the event.

*edit*

And now above as well.

Sorry, the forum is lagging severely for me (as it has been all day), so I figured I'd immediately take the opportunity to ask while I am still able to write something in this thread... I'm sorry, but at the moment I don't have the time to wait an hour to scroll back for just two pages, or else I would have. :/

I'm not a dude, by the way.... to be honest, I can't help but feel like you could have phrased your message a little bit differently. A little bit more tactful, perhaps... because the way it was written implied that I was being lazy or stupid. dry.gif

Anyway, thank you to Kari Mustang and Riverwillows for clearing this up for me! happy.gif

I felt like I should stock up for the winter so I made 25 of each Item and recipes smile.gif has anyone else done that lol

I've been making like 10 of each and those that I need to use for other recipes I can always just make more xd.png

Whats this talk about rainbow chicken recipes iv heard floating about?

I ask because my recipe cards have stopped dropping and im trying to figure out what im missing :/

Completely false. I've finished the cooking game, no rainbow chicken. lol...sorry.

Do you get to find one base (infinity) ingredient every 20 minutes, or are they in different places around the site? And if they are, can someone tell me where to find them...? c: