TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

For all of you wanting the spreadsheet for the recipes, try this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=...rowsperpage=250

Great event TJ and helpers, love the "baking" side of it! Cannot wait to see the new Holiday dragon and I actually got see quite a few Holly's this year (a lot more than last year by the looks of it).

Edit: ninja.gif 'd, both of links work though.

Edited by sarahfish89

If you are having trouble dragging and dropping on the recipes, or they are otherwise not working, TJ said to try a hard refresh. Close your browser, and then reopen it. Worked for many.

Tried that, no difference... I even rebooted the laptop, just in case, still nothing. And it doesn't matter what browser I'm trying with, either, I have the same issue with all three.

And clicking doesn't work either.

This was really fun! Didn't know I was such a good cook laugh.gif Appears I have cooked up everything so now I guess it is time to do the dishes wink.gif

Happy Holidays everyone and many thanks to TJ and the spriters.

Interesting. There seem to be quite a few flaws in this Cooking event. It's really fun, don't get me wrong...But still.

As for the raffle, I'm under the impression that for every red star you get, you get another ticket, and all the tickets will basically be put in one gigantic bag and chosen at random? It's still chance, right? Like, if you only had 1 red-star, winning is still a small possibility.

Also: Just curious. How many of you guys are going to grab 2 of the new release, or just 1? I think maybe 1, just because there may be a time in the future that I want my second dragon to be a neat lineage (and I can't bare the thought of releasing a CB!).

please tell me what i can make with this. biggrin.gif

Fruit x ∞

Grain x ∞

Herbs x ∞

Meat x ∞

Mushroom x ∞

Poultry x ∞

Spices x ∞

Vegetables x ∞

this is what i know i can make

Roast Chicken x 3

Roasted Vegetables x 5

Sliced Mushrooms x 1

Also these two:

Fruit (prepare) = Apple Slices

Meat + Herbs (cook) = Roast Meat

Once you find Flour, Eggs, and Water you'll have TONS of more options.

Happy holidays everyone biggrin.gif

Someone help me please, I'm still stuck at the vegetables sad.gif I want to go further in the cooking game!

I think the only ingredient I'm missing is Water. Also I'm afraid I'll have this issue with the recipes, too. This is quite annoying alot.png

Edited by Slytherin7

Oh wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just caught aholly eggie!!!!Me keep. Have 1 I got from last year so now I can go all out next year. YAYYYYYY!!! I have bred my yule buck and my snow draggie and released the eggies in the ap. Have yet to breed the tassle and last year's plus my 2nd Yule Buck. My lst holly egg I am giving to somebody on FL. biggrin.gif

I can't make Ice Cream, Gumdrops or Gingerbread! Could anyone help? ;0

Edited by RotomGuy

i am getting only recipe cards. that's okay? smile.gif i mean i got some things this morning but now only cards.

Edited by hopeitallaway

All of this cooking is making me hungry! Really enjoying discovering new combinations. Thanks TJ and all who helped with the event!

Is the blank recipe card the way we experiment with recipes? I've only gotten messes so far...

I can't make Ice Cream, Gumdrops or Gingerbread! Could anyone help? ;0

I'll probably be ninja'd, but...

Ice Cream: Prep - Eggs, Milk, Ice

Gumdrops: Prep - Spices, Soft Candy

Gingerbread: Bake - Spices, Sweet Dough

I'll probably be ninja'd, but...

Ice Cream: Prep - Eggs, Milk, Ice

Gumdrops: Prep - Spices, Soft Candy

Gingerbread: Bake - Spices, Sweet Dough

Thanks a bunch! (Spices in Gumdrops? Wut.)

Interesting. There seem to be quite a few flaws in this Cooking event. It's really fun, don't get me wrong...But still.

As for the raffle, I'm under the impression that for every red star you get, you get another ticket, and all the tickets will basically be put in one gigantic bag and chosen at random? It's still chance, right? Like, if you only had 1 red-star, winning is still a small possibility.

Also: Just curious. How many of you guys are going to grab 2 of the new release, or just 1? I think maybe 1, just because there may be a time in the future that I want my second dragon to be a neat lineage (and I can't bare the thought of releasing a CB!).

Yup, even if you only get one star you could be chosen. Less likely of course than people who have them all. The amount of people entering, not just the people who are on the forums, but on the main site as well makes your chance of winning very low especially if you only have one wink.gif

Most people normally get 2 CB, sometimes freezing one, because you can only get CBs once whereas you can get lineages in the following years. Also 2nd gens are valued more generally because of their lineage. I personally will get getting two adult CBs.

Also guys if you want to know all or a certain recipes then click in this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=...rowsperpage=250

(Reposting because people still seem to be missing it)

Merenwen: 40 in total I believe.

Xxandes: Only the first time you make a star recipe.

Edited by sarahfish89

There seems to be some confusion here:

Making the SAME star recipe twice does not enter you twice.

Making two DIFFERENT star recipe's DOES enter you twice, such as Gingerbread House and Hot Cocoa.

If this gets page'd, quote it so people can see.

I guess when I commented that I'd finally gotten in I spoke too soon. The site promptly died for me again.

I'm not really sure which is more frustrating - last year, not seeing any Hollies and not catching any, or this year, seeing dozens and not catching any!

I keep having the worst luck at trying to grab a holly. oxo I'd be happy with even just one. But it seems there are more dropping in the AP than last year.

I'm glad I could get at least one second gen snow angel and ribbon though.

Also I'm not having any problems so far with the cooking event.