TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

How do you "make" boiling water? Or is it a dropped ingredient?

I believe you click "Blank oven recipe" and put in "water" and "make"... assuming you already have water.

Highlight to read, unless you want to lean to read it tongue.gif

Yes!!!! I just caught my 2nd Holly ((gave the first one I caught to hubby)) Its linage isn't the best but its a Holly none the less laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

WB

There are so far 72 total recipes, including at least 40 red star ones.

You get all 17 basic ingredients first, THEN the red star recipe cards will fall.

SOME of the things you need for the red star recipes will need to be made first from the basic ones.

Once you click a red star recipe and make it, that is one entry for the raffle. Only one entry per red star.

Even if you know the ingredients for a red star recipe, you can't make it til you get the card drop for it.

There are TWO red star meat pie recipes...one is for 'meat', and the other uses 'chicken'.

There are THREE "pie a la mode" recipes...one for pecan, one for lemon meringue, and one for apple.

And for those who want a shortcut, HERE is the (so far) complete listing of all recipes and what they need.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=...many=true#gid=0 **Link may be down periodically if too many people are on it, or someone is making changes to it. Keep trying.

AND...here are the recipes I've been able to make so far, they total 72, and I'm not getting anymore cards so I assume this is the whole total list:

Apple Pie

Apple Pie à la mode

Apple Slices

Bûche de Noël

Banana Split

Beef & Salad Sandwich

Biscuits and Gravy

Boiling Water

Bread

Bread Dough

Buckeyes

Cabbage Roll

Cake

Caramel

Caramel Apple

Cheese

Chicken & Salad Sandwich

Chocolate

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Cookies

Eggnog

Fruit Jam

Fruit Salad

Fruitcake

Gingerbread

Gingerbread House

Gumdrops

Ham & Cheese Sandwich

Hard Candy

Hot Cocoa

Ice Cream

Icing

Lemon Curd

Lemon Meringue Pie

Lemon Meringue Pie à la mode

Lemon Tarts

Marshmallows

Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Meat Pie

Meat Pie

Meringue

Minestrone

Mixed Soup

Mushroom Gravy

Mushroom Soup

Nobake Cookies

Pastie

PB&J Sandwhich

Peanut Butter

Pecan Pie

Pecan Pie à la mode

Plain Dough

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie à la mode

Roast Chicken

Roast Meat

Roasted Vegetables

S’mores

Sliced Mushrooms

Smothered Steak

Soft Candy

Sticky Buns

Stock

Stollen

Strawberry Tarts

String Bean Casserole

Sweet Dough

Sweet Pastries

Tossed Salad

Vegetable Soup

Wine

Yam-Stuffed Mushrooms

I also noticed that when I made the last recipe, my little icon changed, the pie center is now dark.

Just quoting this so it gets bumped. Lots of good information for those frequently asked questions!

Well, it's been a couple of hours since I've picked up a recipe card, and the center of my pie badge/icon has turned dark.

Guess I'm done cooking! biggrin.gif

Man this is insane. I never thought getting a Holly was this hard. Also it seems all ppl ever want to trade Holly's for is CB Golds or Neglecteds @_@. Meh 2 years without a Holly again. Anyways other then the Holly's being as hard as ever to catch the rest of this Christmas event is going swimmingly xd.png All I am missing now. If I am not mistaken is the Gingerbread house card YAY!! biggrin.gif

I think I just got my last Recipe. Now I just have to wait and see if any more show up... my pie seems to be done, though!

Sorry for the double post. I couldn't get past the errors to see that I'd done that, until now.

Edited by Cinnabar

My holiday cooking page is all messed up now sad.gif. I tried clearing my cache, hard refreshing, logging in + out, and other browsers. Is it just me?

Is there any way to quickly make recipes again without dragging and dropping the individual items over and over? It was just Firefox being a pain again. Switched to Safari and it works fine. Edited by Nervenklinik

I never thought game cooking would be so adicting. Is it for this holiday only? Like the trick-or-treating this last holloween? And we just get a badge off it?

P.S. I turned to holiday cooking as I could find NO HOLLY EGGS! Though I saw a GLIMPS of one earlyer today that i didnt win, so I know theyare still out there. IF YOU HAVE ANY UNWANTED HOLLY EGGS! Give them to me! Just PM me and ill drop some egg to make room, ill even trade/singal way one to you! I know most may want their holly egg, BUT IF YOU DONT, hook up with me. tongue.gif

Is there any way to quickly make recipes again without dragging and dropping the individual items over and over? It was just Firefox being a pain again. Switched to Safari and it works fine.

You just click on the recipe for the thing you have to remake-- like if you need to make bread again, you click on your bread recipe, and if anything's in red, you have to make THAT, which means clicking on that recipe.

I am having a BLAST with this year's activity!

Jeeze, this lag makes it hard to respond AND edit in a timely fashion.

Edited by cynlee717

My holiday cooking page is all messed up now sad.gif. I tried clearing my cache, hard refreshing, logging in + out, and other browsers. Is it just me?

Mine's doing that too. I was using the 1960's mode, but then switched back to the default and it's still messed up. I also did a hard reset and all the above.

Woo. Glad the forum's back up. ^-^ Now I just need my trade recipients to get online...

Also can't wait to get all the recipe cards. I wanna make a gingerbread house. biggrin.gif

Its pixels.. you have the choice to not cook the items involving meat, however, you will not be able to complete every recipe that earns a chance at a prize dragon without preparing them. A large chunk of the recipes do require the meat products. The items you find, you have to keep, even if you dont use them.

We did try to keep vegans and religious restrictions to certain foods in mind, but we also wanted to provide as many chances as possible at raffle tickets. It is fully your choice whether to make those foods or not, but be informed that by choosing not to, you will earn significantly less tickets.

Thanks for answering my small question.

I join for the fun of cooking and the raffle tickets are a bonus smile.gif

I was just wondering or it was possible to release products.

We tried to avoid the chicken first, but it came back all the time, my wife even logged out and in again to let it disappear, but it didn't wink.gif

We almost cracked our brains on it.

No offence meant.

Want a holly SO BAD but I'm on scroll lock. That won't be happening anymore when my eggies hatch and grow up, 'cuz THEN I'll have meh bronze badge. Yes, i am a newbie. Don't laugh, the 4th dragon I got was a paper.

I just finished cooking all the dishes^^!!

thank you for that event, it was so much fun! poptartFINALTINY.gif