TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Done with the basics of the cooking event and now collecting the red star recipes. I have to say that this one is really creative and a lot of fun! laugh.gif As theere are currently so many old Christmas dragons around, I'll breed the majority of mine most likely on the 24th or 25th. Same goes for my 2nd holly. I have no idea what this year's Christmas dragon will be... But I'm sure it will be quite interesting again to hunt them and midnight!

Apart from that, I gifted the offspring of my first holly and the giftee gave it to his friend! A nice gesture of him, and I'm happy I could help!

All Holly hunters out there, good luck!

This event is maddening! Though I have to say I'm addicted to it, lol. I have things I need to do but instead I'm looking around for recipes and trying to make combinations still. x.x I feel relatively inept because I'm not great at cooking and yet...I'm trying to do things that seem like "common sense"....but fail. tongue.gif Though there is part of me that thinks....the odds are soo so so low of getting a prize...but there's the other part that still drives on!!!

My screen looked weirdly messed up like that too, but after a while of just ignoring it and using it constantly it seemed to just fix itself o.O ah well! But I am however having some series Dragcave forum issues with the 503 Service temporarily unavailable stuff...no fun! >.<

Happy Holidays all! <3 <3 Happy cooking!

Is anyone else having issues clicking on the recipes once you earn them? They won't work when I click them...

Can anyone help me? I have been trying to make the basic reciepes like boiling water and sliced fruit but it wont work it says (you throw everything together and make a mess)? If anyone could just give me some clues as to how it works I would be so happy! And i have all the ingred. for the eggnog plus the reciepe but and it says I can make it but all it turns out doing is a mess...

Edited by majors

Managed to get my winter magi and ribbon dancers from my two hiatus christmases, but no luck on a holly yet. I've seen one though, so that's promising! Can't believe people are giving up on getting a holly already! It's not a one day event. I'm still clinging to hope! biggrin.gif

(just spreading some christmas spirit!)

OK, I am SUPER issed! Each time I go to make a recipe, there is a HUGE fussing ad in the way! Please get rid of it before I quit! (I have a VERY shot temper! You DO NOT want to mess with me!)

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Does the baked pie mean I collected all the Recipies?

That's what everyone is saying. And I just got my last recipe and my pie now looks baked. So, yes.

Finished all the recipes (and yes, my pie is now baked).

Is anyone else having issues clicking on the recipes once you earn them? They won't work when I click them...

Try doing a hard refresh (hold control - command, if you're on a mac - when you hit refresh). That fixed mine.

There's a problem with my holiday cooking page sad.gif Nothing works - everything I have tried becomes a big mess. Poultry in the oven is supposed to become roast chicken but this message pops up: "You throw all of the ingredients together... And the result is a giant mess. You toss it into the garbage before anyone notices"

And all my recipes I've collected have the ingredients bunched up in one corner, making it impossible to read or see them.

Yay it didn't work in Internet Explorer but works on Firefox smile.gif

It's not easy to get a holly, you have to click on the egg before, usually, over 90 other people.. but don't give up on the hollies, guys! You have several days yet, and there's many holly owners planning on breeding theirs on the last day. So keep trying! c:

Also, here's the sheet with all the recipes in case you missed it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=...many=true#gid=0

(If the link doesn't work it means there's too many people viewing it, but try to refresh it every 5 minutes and it will work. By the way, thanks moonfreak, for the helpful info. Also, a big thanks to the staff who planned, coded, sprited and worked on this awesome event)

Edited by guuvii

A baked pie badge is now mine!

Thanks for the great event! (Eagerly awaiting part 2 -- the Gingerbread house.)

Now I wish I had not gone through the recipe event so quickly. I loved it, it was a blast but now I'm done and the 25th and new eggs is soooooooo far away. laugh.gif

Thanks again to everyone who made this possible, it was even more fun then I expected! smile.gif

At least, I think I finished it. No new recipes in ages and my pie badge is "baked".

Is anyone else's cooking broken for them?? I'm on chrome, if anyone needs to know...

i have cocked ALL Recipes but nothing happend...

And now?

Your pie does not look baked yet, you may be missing a recipe still?

Here it is again:

There are so far 72 total recipes, including at least 40 red star ones.

You get all 17 basic ingredients first, THEN the red star recipe cards will fall.

SOME of the things you need for the red star recipes will need to be made first from the basic ones.

Once you click a red star recipe and make it, that is one entry for the raffle. Only one entry per red star.

Even if you know the ingredients for a red star recipe, you can't make it til you get the card drop for it.

There are TWO red star meat pie recipes...one is for 'meat', and the other uses 'chicken'.

There are FOUR "pie a la mode" recipes...one for pumpkin, one for pecan, one for lemon meringue, and one for apple.

And for those who want a shortcut, HERE is the (so far) complete listing of all recipes and what they need.

COMPLETE RECIPE PAGE - LINK WORKS NOW!!!!

**Link may be down periodically if too many people are on it, or someone is making changes to it. Keep trying. Seriously. Keep trying.

When you get all the recipes done, your icon becomes a cooked filled pie.

You get the mini game ONLY if you've managed to get the recipe for the Gingerbread House AND have made it. SEE TJ'S FIRST POST

Edited by Riverwillows

Oooh Christmas Dragons again!!! And the recipe feature looks so cool!! I have to try this out...

Happy Holidays, everyone~!

for all you people who have broken pages for their recipes, try a cache clear and cookie clear. That fixed it for me C: