TJ09

2012-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

A tip that works for me is to wait at least one full day (24hrs) after getting the egg to put them in any hatcheries, and then after just check on them a couple of times a day.

This is what I do. I've experimented with putting them in hatcheries earlier and it always resulted in sickness.

Now sickness is something I rarely see on my scroll.

I'm hoping it's a spider dragon. >_> *loves spiders*

I was at work for most of the event, so thankfully I was able to arrange a trade with a very kind user for 7 eggs and a hatchie. <3 It's both surprising and refreshing to see that people had so little trouble with this release, barring the very start of it. So Happy Halloween, everyone! happy.gif

Oh and of course a huge thank you to the artists and TJ for the event. <33 I've got a good feeling about these dragons.

ah youre freaking kidding me... I was ready and waiting on the PROPER day and then it had to go and get postponed because part of ONE country was having problems, now I've missed out altogether

Why could it not have been left as it was, drop the PROPER time (and get most of the world out of the way) and a re run for those who couldnt make it, later in teh week when your weather systems settled down (would have been no skin off your nose since there are cap limits on these seasonals anyway). Would have given us a chance for once instead of competeing on laggy foreign internet with your local cable goers.

Man this is the crankiest I've ever been since playing this game.

You know you have people from all around the world who play, and it is not always clear when the drop times are, (perhaps consider making a chart that can go up that shows the relevent time).  I thought I had from 3pm this afternoon till 3pm tomorrow in my time zone but I'm behind

I love how people like you are ignoring what TJ already said. He did not postpone the drop just because of where it was or how many people probably were affected. He actually monitored the decrease in activity of DC to judge whether he should do it or not. Besides, you had plenty of notice if you had bothered to get on DC at all the last few days. This is the reason the last thread was locked. Do your research.

EDIT: Also, I'm sorry to hear about all the people who lost their eggs. :/

Edited by Ferus

Wait, wait! All the eggs dropped on Friday?! I thought they were dropping on Sunday! ...I missed my chance to catch the Halloween dragons of 2012... just like that...?

This is the most depressing day of my life... sleep.gif

A tip that works for me is to wait at least one full day (24hrs) after getting the egg to put them in any hatcheries, and then after just check on them a couple of times a day.

I usually just fog mine until they are under 4 days then ER them until they hatch so i know i'm watching incase they get a bit too much attention. Then fog again and do the same with the hatchlings.

It pays to be overly cautious with limited drops

Edited by whitedragon313711

Yikes, sorry for people who've lost their eggs from sickness already. That bites. :c I haven't had any trouble with my holiday eggs getting sick before; I stuck mine in Silvi's as soon as I caught them yesterday, after incubating them, and had no trouble. Same goes for my brother and sister. *shrugs*

BUT, overall, thanks for the fun event and happy Halloween, everybody!

~Feathers

Wait, wait! All the eggs dropped on Friday?! I thought they were dropping on Sunday! ...I missed my chance to catch the Halloween dragons of 2012... just like that...?

According to the info on top of your scroll and in the forum they dropped on

November 3rd - which was yesterday, Saturday, and of course always Cave time ( http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=142893 )

Edited by lilysally

No, the eggs were dropping on Nov. 3rd, that was yesterday - I'm sorry to hear you missed out on the release (and check your mailbox, I may have something to cheer you up ^^).

And I sympathise with people who lost their eggs due to sickness. Next time I suggest trying to fog your new eggs for 12-24 hrs before adding them to any of the hatcheries. That way your dragons will still hatch in time and there's far less chance of them getting sick (plus it prevents any other DC user to place your eggs in other hatcheries against your wishes).

According to the info on top of your scroll and in the forum they dropped on

November 3rd - which was yesterday, Saturday, and of course always Cave time

So that's just great. Now I have to wait for next year to get eggs from someone kind enough to breed some for me. sad.gif

Sigh, thanks for the update.

*Sigh* I missed the drop... my internet just had to decide to die on me yesterday... :L

Oh well...I suppose I could always do a trade for a 2nd gen next year... sad.gif

Congrats on those who caught them though, happy belated halloween :3

EDIT: I've been fortunate enough to have been gifted 2 Halloween '12's, thank you so much Claudii and stargazer_7! biggrin.gif

Edited by Blue_Moon98

I don't put my eggs anywhere before they are over 4 days, especially on holidays. With new releases I don't care that much because you can always obtain them.

And must say that those who missed that info was seen clearly at cave page and i thought you would have come to search the forums if you didn't see them coming 31st?

Sorry for those whose eggs died and who missed the event sad.gif

and you should check trading forums since people always trade them :3

Edited by Ollie

Me too i thought the new eggs where to be released from Saturday night to Sunday sad.gif This is just so sad sad.gif

No, the eggs were dropping on Nov. 3rd, that was yesterday - I'm sorry to hear you missed out on the release (and check your mailbox, I may have something to cheer you up ^^).

I received it. Thank you so much for your kindness! It has indeed brighten up my day completely! *hugs*

For holidays, I always wait until 4/5 days to put them on click sites. I rarely fog eggs & the eggs I have now have 1 click/1 view each. I'm completely freaked out about egg sickness so I check my scroll every once in a while anyway.

Or, if you add them to hatcheries, incubate them.

Yes, even putting your egg on one site at this time can kill it, and really, at 6 days they don't need views yet so why put them on.

I always hide my new release eggs for the first 24 hrs - that prevents 'helpers' or mass views.

I'm still thinking they're newts, since I saw the s1s. But I can see spider as well, looking at the s2. I'd love that with my current spider love!

Or, if you add them to hatcheries, incubate them.

I always incubate important stuff, it really helps with most of the risks.

My hatchies still get sick from time to time due to many views if i put them into some sites and not just one - but close to the holidays, it's just crazy... eggs are best kept fogged for 2 days (or 1 with incubate), hatchies for another 2 days.

I love the new eggs! Was surprised how easy it was to get my seven eggs. I haven't looked at TJ's hatchlings because I want to be surprised what my hatchies will look like! smile.gif

I rarely put any of my eggs into hatcheries until they have about six days left and most of the time I only use two hatcheries at the same time, occasionally three. This way I haven't had a sick "regular egg" for years. It's a bit more tricky during holiday events, on these days I try to wait even longer until I add eggs to a hatchery. I still had one sick Halloween egg last weekend but luckily it recovered within mere hours after fogging it and then grew up into a healthy Marrow dragon. biggrin.gif

I cant wait my eggs will be hatching in 15 hrs. smile.gif

60+ reds, and I still ran out of incubates. Now I have to wait for some of them to get off a cooldown so I can incubate these guys.

*Sigh* I missed the drop... my internet just had to decide to die on me yesterday... :L

Oh well...I suppose I could always do a trade for a 2nd gen next year... sad.gif

Congrats on those who caught them though, happy belated halloween :3

Send you a PM with a small gift wink.gif